Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2022 National Hunt Novices Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jono View Post
    Elliott on The Bosses Oscar

He’s a lovely horse that we are looking forward to seeing how he gets on over fences. He made a good start over them at Listowel, he just needed the run and got tired. He could be a horse for the National Hunt Chase at the Cheltenham Festival.
    Lovely, thanks for posting.

I don’t think OTR backers should be worried about Stattler but then I’ve never really rated him, so can probably be ignored

Comment

• ​​​​​​Looks like we've got Godons 4 miler as well now then with him confirming The Bosses Oscar is heading that way (Thanks Saxon) .Its unusual for him to send more than 1 to the race so we can just top up on him and Mullins horse Ontheropes between now and March and we should be q​​​​​​uids in

Comment

• With Ontheropes being so well supported on here, I'm keen to know thoughts on Capodanno. I think he ticks a lot of boxes but I'm not sure if it's something Willie might throw two darts at.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lbur4288 View Post
          With Ontheropes being so well supported on here, I'm keen to know thoughts on Capodanno. I think he ticks a lot of boxes but I'm not sure if it's something Willie might throw two darts at.
          If I recall he was talked up here for it a few months ago, I have free bet on him at 25/1 personally, looks a good type

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
            Elliott on The Bosses Oscar
            I seem to remember a very similar line from him on RWF this time last year. He was clearly plotted for a mark thereafter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eudipe View Post

I seem to remember a very similar line from him on RWF this time last year. He was clearly plotted for a mark thereafter.
              MOL can take the blame for that.

Hearing him name the race as he did with Galvin last year is good news, now just needs that Cheltenham Dec!

Comment

• Just watch the Bosses Oscar beginners chase, no doubting his ability, but noticed he jumped out to the right a lot. Needs to jump better, hopefully get entered in cheltenham in a few weeks

Comment

• Are people swayed more to The Bosses Oscar as he has course form compared to Ontheropes?

Comment

• Originally posted by HoldenTheReins View Post
                    Are people swayed more to The Bosses Oscar as he has course form compared to Ontheropes?
                    Not me, and different course really as well. Old v New.
                    The chasing experience, or lack of would be more of a comparison. Where I'd give OTR the edge.

Bosses will not fit the normal Elliott successful route to this race, as he's either going to be running through the Winter or won't have many runs behind him at all.
                    Worth having on side though as he's trained by the right guy, is talented enough on his hurdle form and is a Cheltenham regular, right course or not, and has been earmarked for the race also. The last point made me back him last night.

Comment

Are people swayed more to The Bosses Oscar as he has course form compared to Ontheropes?
                      Festival form maybe. At least we know he is at the top of his game in the Spring whereas some horses have had enough by then.

Comment

Never been TBO's biggest fan, was openly against him on the threads last year- but as it's already been said, he's with the right man and can perform well in Spring which helps.

The main worry i have with OTRs is the fact he obviously hasn't been the easiest to train in the past.

Both turn up on the day i like OTRs more, but that still has to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eudipe View Post

But TBO is 154 for Hurdles in the UK.
                          Way more than RWF was.
                          TBO has been to two Cheltenhams
                          RWF none

Very easy to know that UK capper isn't going to give TBO a low mark in chases, as they will start with his hurdles mark from the Pertemps.
                          Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 14 October 2021, 05:03 PM.
                          "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post

But RBO is 154 for Hurdles in the UK.
                            Way more than RWF was.
                            TBO has been to two Cheltenhams
                            RWF none

Very easy to know that UK capper isn't going to give TBO a low mark in chases, as they will start with his hurdles mark from the Pertemps.
                            Was thinking more along the lines of the Irish Grand National.

Comment

From Gaultstats on course form - important but not an insurmountable barrier:

"9 from last 14 had competed in at least one Cheltenham chase before. All of those bar Tiger Roll and Minella Rocco placed at least once. Tiger Roll finished 3rd of six in a course novice chase but had achieved two previous course wins including a Triumph hurdle. Rocco had two previous attempts at course chases. Didn't take to it on either occasion. Maybe soft ground? Rathvinden, 3rd in Ballymore. Le Breuil had been twice second in on course chases. Ravenhill, Midnight Prayer, Back In Focus and Old Benny had never been here before."

Comment

He’s likely to have Jamie Codd on board, which gives him at least a 10 length advantage!

Comment

Working...
                                X