Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Mares races

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• think the ground is getting too fast , PTKO's race was over 10 seconds faster than standard , might explain the NR's , good to firm instead of good to soft

Comment

• Pulled out last year due to going (good)

Comment

• Gin On Lime +5 to 143. 12lb to make up on Elimay.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
          Gin On Lime +5 to 143. 12lb to make up on Elimay.
          Big gap to close but not to say she can't make further improvement. I suspect that's the reason her price hasn't moved post race and post HDB's comments. With Elimay in there, punters just can't see past her which is understandable. It's also why I won't be cashing any Arkle bets on her. The 7lbs she gets will bring her closer to the geldings and the Arkle may well cut right up again. The extra ?50,000 prize money available will also be tempting. The performance of Magic Daze tomorrow is of huge interest as well.

Comment

• Big move for Magic Daze in the Mares Chase. 20's into 12's in one move with Paddy Power/Betfair. Timed at 16.28 so will be interesting if others follow suit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
              Big move for Magic Daze in the Mares Chase. 20's into 12's in one move with Paddy Power/Betfair. Timed at 16.28 so will be interesting if others follow suit.
              Probably wise to add her now with 365 if wanting to get on board, no doubt if she wins tomorrow she will be cut.

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post

Probably wise to add her now with 365 if wanting to get on board, no doubt if she wins tomorrow she will be cut.
                Agree. Be interesting if she's cut for the Arkle pre race as well to potentially give some indication of her target.

Comment

Big move for Magic Daze in the Mares Chase. 20's into 12's in one move with Paddy Power/Betfair. Timed at 16.28 so will be interesting if others follow suit.
                  Could all change but Robcor manager Declan Phelan said Magic Daze for Arkle the other month and on the weekend prior to her run that Gin On Lime for the mares chase if good enough, Henry also said Cheltenham a possible for GOL in November before being put away for a few months.

Comment

• Thanks for that Madmoose and information from connections should always be taken very seriously. An 8 point drop In one go for the big Irish bookie is quite eye opening though and confuses matters somewhat.

Comment

16s TWAR with sky

Comment

Thanks for that Madmoose and information from connections should always be taken very seriously. An 8 point drop In one go for the big Irish bookie is quite eye opening though and confuses matters somewhat.
                        Problem is this is a common theme now with bookies in recent years prior to the horses running and with the flat slowing down it’s only going to become more frequent in the weeks to come. I understand from that certain bookmaker though.

Comment

• more and more im thinking that betting to win and then reinvesting is going to be a better route this year.

magic daze is still 5/2 tomorrow and would have to go below 6s for mares (if you bet both for 1pt) for the 20s now to be a better option.. I also think the twar prices are slower to update sometimes (gin on lime was) so possibly get the prices they are now (or not too far off)

cashout is being updat3d too quickly for me in a lot of cases on bet365 so I'm less focused on them than before

Comment

• Magic Daze smashed in for tomorrows race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Muswell View Post

16s TWAR with sky

….Magic Daze still 16-1 a/r and only 12-1 with Sky to win Mares Chase.

Comment

Thanks for that Madmoose and information from connections should always be taken very seriously. An 8 point drop In one go for the big Irish bookie is quite eye opening though and confuses matters somewhat.
                                I agree it can confuse matters, but I can't figure out what would have changed to cause it. GOL puts up a career best over 2m4f and trainer says she's likely to stay at that distance, connections have previously said she's likely to stay over that distance and that magic will hopefully be the arkle horse.

I understand it's an enormous drop, but if it's not across the board, it could just be a pre-emptive reaction to the fact she's actually gonna run tomorrow and that she's getting smashed for it? As a consequence, I'm just ignoring it and sticking with my position on her as an arkle horse for better or for worse!

Comment

Working...
                                X