Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2022 Novice Chase Division

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
    ....My Drogo still 8-1 in Sky a/r market, could be the way to go given how short it is for the novice Chase options.
    Still 5/2 to place in ar too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birds Nest View Post

....yep, & the 20-1 win today & a/r offer isn’t looking too shabby now.

Comment

• He looks a real star doesn't he. Hopefully Skelton doesn't mess up with his horses at the fez like this year. He'll go wherever Bollinger doesn't I suspect. Marsh for me

Comment

• Ahoy Senor is 50/1 for the RSA with B365 vs Bravemansgame still @ 12/1

Comment

• Originally posted by Pendil View Post
            Ahoy Senor is 50/1 for the RSA with B365 vs Bravemansgame still @ 12/1
            That’s one of those head scratching price comparisons where the market disrespects the less fashionable yard.
            I thought Ahoy Senor won fair and square yesterday and was full value, BMG may well be suffering the after effects of Cheltenham but I could only back the 50/1 of the two....

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
              ....My Drogo still 8-1 in Sky a/r market, could be the way to go given how short it is for the novice Chase options.

....now into 6-1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birds Nest View Post

Had a bit of that, thanks for pointing out. Was on for the Marsh at 33s but would like the cover of the place in both.

Comment

• 5/2 place a/r still there..

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

That’s one of those head scratching price comparisons where the market disrespects the less fashionable yard.
                    I thought Ahoy Senor won fair and square yesterday and was full value, BMG may well be suffering the after effects of Cheltenham but I could only back the 50/1 of the two....
                    It generally pays to ignore Aintree form for next years Festival.

I’m not going to say Bravemansgame will win the RSA, but if both horses line up I’d be confident that BMG is the one contending and Ahoy Senor either proves not good enough to line up or is out with the washing.

So many times we see horses that ran in graded races at Cheltenham underwhelm at Aintree. I’d save them and travel them over to Ireland instead. More recovery time and better prize money always makes me wonder why UK trainers take the lazy route to Aintree instead.
                    Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectre View Post

It generally pays to ignore Aintree form for next years Festival.

I’m not going to say Bravemansgame will win the RSA, but if both horses line up I’d be confident that BMG is the one contending and Ahoy Senor either proves not good enough to line up or is out with the washing.

So many times we see horses that ran in graded races at Cheltenham underwhelm at Aintree. I’d save them and travel them over to Ireland instead. More recovery time and better prize money always makes me wonder why UK trainers take the lazy route to Aintree instead.
                      BMG has now been soundly beaten the last twice, I wouldn’t be in a rush to get with him for a Cheltenham novice chase next year, he may well improve for a fence but he’ll not only need to he’ll also need others to defect or misfire.
                      He was hailed the second coming and may well still end up with a long a successful career picking up some nice pots, but I’d be fairly sure the last 24 days have been something of a reality check for Nicholls and his team...

Comment

BMG has now been soundly beaten the last twice, I wouldn’t be in a rush to get with him for a Cheltenham novice chase next year, he may well improve for a fence but he’ll not only need to he’ll also need others to defect or misfire.
                        He was hailed the second coming and may well still end up with a long a successful career picking up some nice pots, but I’d be fairly sure the last 24 days have been something of a reality check for Nicholls and his team...
                        Maybe the ground is the reason ? Both Cheltenham and Aintree were on the quick side. Perhaps he is better with a bit of dig? Just a thought

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

Maybe the ground is the reason ? Both Cheltenham and Aintree were on the quick side. Perhaps he is better with a bit of dig? Just a thought
                          If ground is the reason for the failures and possible underperforming then no-one should be considering a bet for about 340 days...

Just checked, his three wins earlier in the season all came with Good to soft in the description, the same ground he encountered at Cheltenham and Aintree
                          Last edited by Istabraq; 10 April 2021, 07:44 PM.

Comment

BMG finished third in a very good Ballymore. He’s built for fences, is likely to still fill out and strengthen up, and will improve for stepping up to three miles. He was beaten by ‘quicker’ horses at Cheltenham, and he will want more of a test next season. Plus his trainer knows what it takes to win an RSA. In addition, almost every horse that had a tough race at the Festival underperformed at Aintree. I think you’re writing him off too easily Istabraq.
                            Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectre View Post

BMG finished third in a very good Ballymore. He’s built for fences, is likely to still fill out and strengthen up, and will improve for stepping up to three miles. He was beaten by ‘quicker’ horses at Cheltenham, and he will want more of a test next season. Plus his trainer knows what it takes to win an RSA. In addition, almost every horse that had a tough race at the Festival underperformed at Aintree. I think you’re writing him off too easily Istabraq.
                              I haven’t written him off Spectre, I’ve said he could well improve for a fence and have a long and successful career, right now I just think there are better horses around and something will need to happen to them for BMG to be a festival G1 winner.
                              Time will tell....

Comment

• Hes certainly not one to write off

But at the same time I wouldnt be backing him at the General 10/1-12/1 that is available

not when Gaillard du mesnil who finished ahead of him at Cheltenham despite still looking very green and immature is available at 33/1

Comment

Working...
                                X