Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2022 Championship Division

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post

Id love to see Next Destination in the national
    I think given Next Destinations age and Paul Nicholls allergy of Prestbury Park then it will probably happen, he’d have a great chance if he’s campaigned with the GN as his seasonal target

Comment

Originally posted by Birds Nest View Post
      Kennedys remarks about abacadabras jumping would hint at him staying over hurdles next year.
      He doesn’t strike me as a natural chaser, of course they can teach the horse and he can learn to be competent over fences but he’s quick and low enough over timber to suggest he may take a chance too many if he was to switch.
      The novice chase division next year looks brutal so a Champion Hurdle might actually be the easier race, the race is missing off the Giggs CV too so that might sway the decision too....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

He doesn’t strike me as a natural chaser, of course they can teach the horse and he can learn to be competent over fences but he’s quick and low enough over timber to suggest he may take a chance too many if he was to switch.
        The novice chase division next year looks brutal so a Champion Hurdle might actually be the easier race, the race is missing off the Giggs CV too so that might sway the decision too....
        We never know how close he would have been to Honeysuckle this year at the Festival & happy to be on at 80/1 to hopefully find out next year... hats off to everyone on here who highlighted that double. If all being well come Cheltenham next year he won’t be 80/1 on the day...

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
          In truth I don't see anything getting near Honeysuckle and will be building a nice book again around her. I'm really surprised that 3/1 is readily available about her even this far out as she looks that far in front of the rest. Obviously anything can happen in racing but if she gets there safe and sound again and in the same form as this year then she'll be untouchable.
          This sounds like the Epatante story revisited, and whether 3/1 for a National Hunt Championship race a year on is “fair” value.

Though we are talking about an unbeaten Mares this time.

Both are excellent, and I’m hoping they both take the Champion Hurdle route again next season.

I think to get Honey in the book to a decent stake, I am going to have play the Rollover cards, very well, as I wouldnt be the type of backer, who would invest large stakes on at 3/1, this far out.

Plenty of options on the Flat to look for, to put with two or three shorties for Cheltenham though. Here’s hoping.

I suppose we won’t find out which Novice and Juvenile hurdlers are staying over hurdles to take them on, for a while yet.

"Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

B365 moved Monkfish into 4/1 from 5's this morning. Big move. Is it warranted ??

Comment

Good move for Honeysuckle today. Across 7 bookies all at 2.50pm. Of all the big guns she surely has to be the value based on what she did this year. Thoughts ?
              Last edited by Lobos; 12 April 2021, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Probably. Yes.
                certainly one that I am trying to get in a few ACCA’s and RAB’s.

Unbeaten
                Fairly certain of target (IMO)
                Minimal new opposition? Ferny? Echoes?

Comment

Envoi Allen is 9/1 with Coral for GC. That could turn out to be a sensational price if he beats Monkfish at Punchestown. Too big for me to ignore and big enough to risk a single on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                    Envoi Allen is 9/1 with Coral for GC. That could turn out to be a sensational price if he beats Monkfish at Punchestown. Too big for me to ignore and big enough to risk a single on.
                    Yeah, however the flip side is he gets beaten and never look at 3m+ again, it could almost be a career defining race.
                    Should EA win what price does he go ? 6/1 ?
                    There’s still Minella Indo and A Plus Tard amongst others so I can’t see him getting too short but the way bookies are currently behaving that could be way off the mark...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

Yeah, however the flip side is he gets beaten and never look at 3m+ again, it could almost be a career defining race.
                      Should EA win what price does he go ? 6/1 ?
                      There’s still Minella Indo and A Plus Tard amongst others so I can’t see him getting too short but the way bookies are currently behaving that could be way off the mark...
                      If he beats monkfish who is 3-4/1 I’d expect the envoi allen hype to kick in and be 5/2-3/1 he’ll be nowhere near 6/1. I still don’t believe they will clash, envoi also has an entry over 2miles!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kautostar View Post

If he beats monkfish who is 3-4/1 I’d expect the envoi allen hype to kick in and be 5/2-3/1 he’ll be nowhere near 6/1. I still don’t believe they will clash, envoi also has an entry over 2miles!
                        You believe EA goes 5/2 when this years one-two are 8/1 and 12/1 ?

Comment

• He’ll be no bigger than 3/1 if he beats monkfish. Hype will kick in and the bookies will run scared. You only have to look at their ante post markets this year to see that. No chances will be taken.

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

You believe EA goes 5/2 when this years one-two are 8/1 and 12/1 ?
                            Agree he'll be 3/1 or worse should he win. Biggest hype horse out there and as Kauto said, Monkfish is a general 4's already so it figures he'll go shorter than that. I simply cannot not back him at 9's. It's a risk as everything is. As you say, should he get beat then possibly the GC dream will be over and it'll be Champion Chase or Ryanair or even back over hurdles but then I'll be able to get decent odds on him for those races and I'll have nice odds about Monkfish if victorious so happy days. All very intriguing though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

Agree he'll be 3/1 or worse should he win. Biggest hype horse out there and as Kauto said, Monkfish is a general 4's already so it figures he'll go shorter than that. I simply cannot not back him at 9's. It's a risk as everything is. As you say, should he get beat then possibly the GC dream will be over and it'll be Champion Chase or Ryanair or even back over hurdles but then I'll be able to get decent odds on him for those races and I'll have nice odds about Monkfish if victorious so happy days. All very intriguing though.
                              Very early to be doing it but
                              if anyone thinks like you and wants envoi on side at 9-1 for gold cup.
                              a saver on the monkfish punchestown and envoi Ryanair is worth considering

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post

Very early to be doing it but
                                if anyone thinks like you and wants envoi on side at 9-1 for gold cup.
                                a saver on the monkfish punchestown and envoi Ryanair is worth considering
                                Hopefully whoever wins, there will be very little in it and both will go the GC route. Win, win then.

Comment

Working...
                                X