Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2022 Novice Hurdle Division

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another interesting bumper horse for Robcour in the last at Cork tomorrow, Largy Fix beat the Bosses Oscar in a PTP but hasn’t been seen in 2 years

edit: would be 7 next year so against a lot of trends
    Last edited by Hurricane fly; 3 April 2021, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Keen to add Dark Raven for the Supreme and Ballymore before he runs today - he was impressive at Leopardstown and that final furlong really caught my attention the way he hits the line. Sold privately to Munir / Suede this week too.

I think it would take a really really good horse to beat him today.

Comment

Originally posted by OverTheLast View Post
        Keen to add Dark Raven for the Supreme and Ballymore before he runs today - he was impressive at Leopardstown and that final furlong really caught my attention the way he hits the line. Sold privately to Munir / Suede this week too.

Only priced up for the bumper at the moment I believe.

Comment

I've backed him for today a couple of days ago. I think he will prove to be a 2m4f or further horse, but I can't see him priced up for the Ballymore anywhere.

Comment

Added Balco Coastal for the Ballymore before his possible run at Aintree this week and Gentlemansgame run today. Balco Coastal’s RPR on his sole bumper start was 130, 6 behind Sir Gerard’s 136. With De Boinville saying after his bumper win he’s sure to stay 2 and a half miles I’ve gone for the Ballymore and Hills’s standout price of 50-1 (56 with boost) as opposed to the 20’s with PP.

Comment

Originally posted by DenmanSacre View Post
              Dark Raven has been declared in the Sunday bumper at Fairyhouse. I was quite taken by his last win and has now been bought by Munir and Souede.

Showed quite a bit more pace than I expected, looking at his pedigree and is one on my watch list for next year over 2m4 or further.
              More than satisfied with that and he will have learned an awful lot for it. Looked a bit outpaced at one point (or maybe just too relaxed), but once the gap opened he went through it straight away and looked better the further they went. Will be interesting to see if he can jump as he looks like he's got an engine.

For Cheltenham, I still think he will need further than the Supreme and its difficult for 5 year olds to win the Ballymore and Albert Bartlett but he's right up there in the best bumper runners this year.

Comment

Glens of Atrim remains a novice after only placing yesterday.

Would follow down the Concertista/Let’s Dance/Hook Up route that Willie has utilised as a second season novice

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                  Glens of Atrim remains a novice after only placing yesterday.

Would follow down the Concertista/Let’s Dance/Hook Up route that Willie has utilised as a second season novice
                  She certainly didnt look a mid-trip mare yesterday too, she went well until two out.
                  "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

It would have to be a weak division for her to win it next year. She’s been well beat a few times now.

Comment

It would have to be a weak division for her to win it next year. She’s been well beat a few times now.
                      Agree. She will surely find 2/3 too good again when it really matters.

Comment

Mulling over Dark Raven for the Ballymore at 25/1, at least going on my watchlist for the time being.

Comment

Another boost for I am Maximus there with my drogo winning, Just backed 50s supreme and 33s ballymore.

Comment

Journey With Me 20/1 with Coral Ballymore for anyone who's interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                              Journey With Me 20/1 with Coral Ballymore for anyone who's interested.
                              Bartlett horse imo Lobos! Especially, as I reckon Robcour have at least 2 more suitable options for the Ballymore! Gerri Colombe and Grand Jury!

Comment

With the new weight for age allowance I'd be very interested in any Juvenile mares Willie buys for the supreme, especially if they have good flat or French hurdling experience and ratings to go with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X