Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2022 Novice Hurdle Division

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

Might be worth trying 365 again now a couple of other companies have priced him up

...Hob House is 33-1 with 365 for Supreme.

Comment

Originally posted by Topofthegame2021 View Post
      I’m really looking forward to Hubrisko. WPM & RR. The form of his flat race is working out nicely.

I asked B365 to price him up for the Supreme. They refused.

if anyone else can get him priced with any bookie I would be very grateful

Hubrisko AKA the next Douvan.
      Aye one I’ve been happy to wait for stable tours for a mention next season TOTG.

Meant to keep these ones quiet for a while

Not for long haha be 10/1 by next week!

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post

...Hob House is 33-1 with 365 for Supreme.
        I know, this was regarding Hubrisko, not Hob House.

Comment

Nice start from Hob House despite the big drift, and also considering how keen he was throughout the race. Looks to be a little bit smart. JP/Hendo looking to have a couple of really good recruits for the novice hurdle division, provided they can jump a hurdle, already.
          Did it well enough but looks like he could be a bit of a handful. Was also getting 7lbs from a few of those today.

I’d say of the 2 Jonbon looked a lot more professional than Hob House.

Comment

Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post

Did it well enough but looks like he could be a bit of a handful. Was also getting 7lbs from a few of those today.

I’d say of the 2 Jonbon looked a lot more professional than Hob House.
            100% I'd say.

However, they'll both be put away for a while now, so will depend how they summer, and how each horse takes to hurdles.

Comment

I could be completely wrong but im sure Hubrisko got a mention in the last edition of One Jump ahead, I remember a pal saying Hills had him up at 66/1 in a special bet for Supreme 2022.

As I say I could be wrong

Comment

100% I'd say.

However, they'll both be put away for a while now, so will depend how they summer, and how each horse takes to hurdles.
                Aye, NH’s usual, one bumper run then put them away for hurdles next season.

Comment

I backed the Nicky Henderson novice I Am Maximus in both the Supreme and Ballymore at 50/1. I think it’s a big price considering he beat My Drogo in a Cheltenham bumper earlier this season. Not seen since and bypassed the Festival he will go hurdling next season. Another expensive purchase for Mike Grech, he will have big expectations next season and hopefully will progress to become one of Henderson’s leading novice hurdlers after a rare bleak season for the former champion trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                    I backed the Nicky Henderson novice I Am Maximus in both the Supreme and Ballymore at 50/1. I think it’s a big price considering he beat My Drogo in a Cheltenham bumper earlier this season.
                    Pair of nice prices there TKP and the line through My Drogo is a notable one, but any of next seasons novice hurdlers that don’t come with an Irish passport come with a red flag for me.
                    Also, any new purchases from PTP or France will land in Ireland, there’s a risk something may come off the flat and as we know the best bumper horses that we’ve seen so far are also Irish.
                    Nonetheless sitting on 50/1 vouchers is a nice position to be in...

Comment

Firestep of Nicky Henderson could be a right good tool, too.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy78 View Post
                        I could be completely wrong but im sure Hubrisko got a mention in the last edition of One Jump ahead, I remember a pal saying Hills had him up at 66/1 in a special bet for Supreme 2022.

As I say I could be wrong
                        Hi Fitzy. You are correct, Hubrisko got a decent write-up in the latest OJA. Rich Ricci wrote "I don't know at this stage whether he will run in juvenile hurdles in the New Year or be saved for the following season. He looks a very exciting prospect though."

Comment

Originally posted by Madmoose View Post

Cheveley Park mentioned Classic Getaway the other day as the bumper one so I assumed Grangeclare West would go hurdling as when I read this cashed G West for the bumper.
                          Thanks Madmoose. Sorry but I chuckle every time I see your name and avatar! I remember backing Mad Moose a couple of times hoping and praying he would start! I also watched a montage of Mad Moose's famous fails recently. On one occasion he planted himself at the start and Nigel Twiston Davies whipped off his belt and proceeded to wave it round his head in a vain bid to try and encourage the horse to race! Classic case of 'you can lead a horse to water.....'

Comment

Dark Raven has been declared in the Sunday bumper at Fairyhouse. I was quite taken by his last win and has now been bought by Munir and Souede.

Showed quite a bit more pace than I expected, looking at his pedigree and is one on my watch list for next year over 2m4 or further.

Comment

Originally posted by DenmanSacre View Post
                              Dark Raven has been declared in the Sunday bumper at Fairyhouse. I was quite taken by his last win and has now been bought by Munir and Souede.

Showed quite a bit more pace than I expected, looking at his pedigree and is one on my watch list for next year over 2m4 or further.
                              Feels like this carried a lot more weight 3-4 years ago. Perhaps recency bias after a poor Cheltenham has crept in but they've had a quiet time by their normal standards in recent years haven't they?

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post

Feels like this carried a lot more weight 3-4 years ago. Perhaps recency bias after a poor Cheltenham has crept in but they've had a quiet time by their normal standards in recent years haven't they?
                                More interesting to me than anything when a big owner buys one from a smaller owner at Willie's.

Comment

Working...
                                X