Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2022 - March Yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheltenham 2022 - March Yankee

And we’re off again for the fourth year of the FJ forum yankees! Thanks for the continued support in such a role as the selector for each month.

So to kick things off.. just horses who we like with a view to next year. The prices are borderline disgusting right now but it would irritate me having just 11 Yankees this year so need the March one in there!

First nomination has to be Bob Olinger for me in the Marsh! He’s going to be some chaser.

Tony Mullins said on the PP preview night that Kilcruit will win the potato race in 2022. As you say, prices are disgusting but...

Comment

....bit of a lottery identifying targets but Monkfish is surely going GC so 5-1 might be ok with a few fancy priced ones like Galopin des Champs who is popular for Festival Novice Chase.
      Last edited by Eggs; 23 March 2021, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
        Tony Mullins said on the PP preview night that Kilcruit will win the potato race in 2022. As you say, prices are disgusting but...

....I recall somebody posting him saying Ballymore was the aim.

Comment

If we want one before his price goes, it could be Classic Getaway in the bumper. Now in to 16/1 best price.

Cost 570k by CPS and this could be one of the few months to get him at a double figure price

Bob in the Marsh is good enough for one

Jonbon before his price contracts even more?

And maybe look at horses who will race at Aintree where their price will shorten again

Comment

I would agree with Monkfish in the GC, i don't see 5-1 being there for too long. i would be against picking any horse for the spud race.

If it's horses at slightly longer odds i will put up Dusart in the Arkle at 25's, i feel sure it will go chasing next season and Nicky doesnt mind sending them here

Comment

Originally posted by Winging The Last View Post
              If we want one before his price goes, it could be Classic Getaway in the bumper. Now in to 16/1 best price.

Cost 570k by CPS and this could be one of the few months to get him at a double figure price
              I see the interview with Richard Thompson said that he'd suggested to WIllie that he might go for the bumper ... perhaps suggests where their preference lies with Grangeclare West in their ranks too.

Comment

Originally posted by Exar Essay View Post

I see the interview with Richard Thompson said that he'd suggested to WIllie that he might go for the bumper ... perhaps suggests where their preference lies with Grangeclare West in their ranks too.
                Yeah the market is saying that as well. CG being eaten into much more than GW

Comment

A tentative suggestion towards Energumene for the Ryanair, would understand the reservation given recent Cheltenham festival form may well be a strong theme for this Yankee, based on its proximity to the 2021 fest!

Comment

I still think Flooring Porter is a good price (relatively speaking...) for a race he won well, is the right age for next time round and will surely go back to.

Comment

At the prices I'd suggest Gaillard Du Mesnil at 33-1. Finished ahead of Bravemansgame in the ballymore who's half the price and he's the same price as Fakiera, Stattler and Gentlemansgame all of whom he beat comfortably at the DRF.

Comment

Maybe a riskier one than people would like but Farouk D'Alene beat Vanilier, yet is more than double the price of him for The Artist Formerly Known As The RSA

Comment

I’ve only had a few bets for next year so far, but right now my favourites would be.....

Shewearsitwell - Mares Hurdle
                          Energumene - Ryanair
                          Gaillard Du Mesnil - Brown Advisory
                          Monkfish - Gold Cup

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                            He's also mentioned the Ballymore.

Comment

Think monkfish is a terrible price for the gold cup myself. He’s 5/1 a whole year out having never raced in open company & hardly an impressive winner of the weakest RSA ever, dual winner ABP went off 3/1 and was available bigger than that beforehand.

This years was a proper race and the first two will definitely be back for another crack at it, envoi Allen may also turn up.

ive backed classic getaway myself for the bumper, although did get a bigger price and think 16s could be pushing it, think there’s maybe something to be said for their being a real tangible advantage for the 6 year olds having another year under their belts?

others I would like are dusart Arkle and galopin des champs Mullins has a decent track record in running future grade 1 chasers & Cheltenham winners in the pipe as novice hurdlers, just a case of working out where he goes I suppose.

another one I’d be tempted to get involved with but again price could be prohibitive given she skipped the festival this year is brandy love, don’t think we’ve seen the best of her yet and will hopefully make a nice novice hurdler.

Comment

Working...
                              X