Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2022 - March Yankee

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Birds Nest View Post

    For a multu this far out imo we'd have concentrate on the open grade 1s and looking through the gold cup is going to look very different nxt year and is open for value. Monkfish, En A (perhaps) apt, minella In, abp and chantry H are the protaganists with this their confirmed targets and imo abp is better than minella, apt and chantry and i only have the 2 novices as potentials to be ahead of him but they are stil only potentials, 25s, lightly raced and going for his 3rd gold cup with a realistic chance of winning. Its good value for a multi in imo, although i do respect your position on him too.
    Il agree to disagree, he found two too good this year so I don’t know how you would have him ahead of Minella Indo and APT, he’s a 10yr old next Cheltenham and there’s no improvement coming now. Added to the fact there looks some top novices entering the mix. I can’t see the angle myself for a multi.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Birds Nest View Post

      For a multu this far out imo we'd have concentrate on the open grade 1s and looking through the gold cup is going to look very different nxt year and is open for value. Monkfish, En A (perhaps) apt, minella In, abp and chantry H are the protaganists with this their confirmed targets and imo abp is better than minella, apt and chantry and i only have the 2 novices as potentials to be ahead of him but they are stil only potentials, 25s, lightly raced and going for his 3rd gold cup with a realistic chance of winning. Its good value for a multi in imo, although i do respect your position on him too.
      Is it a confirmed target for Chantry House? Thought he’d be more one for the Ryanair.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Stormez View Post

        Is it a confirmed target for Chantry House? Thought he’d be more one for the Ryanair.
        No sorry not confirmed with hendo but his comments about him being flat out for most of the marsh then saying he already looks like he needs 3ms sooner rather than later would heavily suggest a 3m gold cup program imo.

        Comment


        • It is a shame Soaring Glory bombed in the Supreme because I really want to propose and back Dusart for the Arkle but until he jumps a fence he’s still a big gamble. At 20/1 he’s the best value on show at the moment so he’s my selection closely followed by Eklat De Rire for the Gold Cup in the hope he follows the same trajectory as Al Boom Photo who also fell in the RSA/BAN when travelling well and went on to win the Gold Cup

          Comment


          • Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
            It is a shame Soaring Glory bombed in the Supreme because I really want to propose and back Dusart for the Arkle but until he jumps a fence he’s still a big gamble. At 20/1 he’s the best value on show at the moment so he’s my selection closely followed by Eklat De Rire for the Gold Cup in the hope he follows the same trajectory as Al Boom Photo who also fell in the RSA/BAN when travelling well and went on to win the Gold Cup
            I’m not against dusart I thought he looked a really good horse last season but I’d like to know how bad his injury was and if he’s recovered from it first. Also will he definitely go over fences having only ever raced once before?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Kautostar View Post

              I’m not against dusart I thought he looked a really good horse last season but I’d like to know how bad his injury was and if he’s recovered from it first. Also will he definitely go over fences having only ever raced once before?
              They were hoping to get him back for Aintree but haven't heard an update

              Comment


              • I think that a year out from the next festival , Targets need to be fairly certain ..
                As thing's stand , I'd go with Honeysuckle - ch. hdl - likely to defend her title .
                ............................. Put the Kettle on - ch. chs - same thing applies and i don't think she has got the recognition she deserves , 4/4 at chelt.
                .......................... Vanillier - brown advs nov chs . - looks like a strong stayer and going over fences we think.
                ......................... Allaho - ryanair chs - i'd be surprised if Allaho ran in any other race . i.m.o.
                ......................... Monkfish or A Plus Tard - gold cup , again can't see these two in any other race . i.m.o.
                .... that's my ten penneth worth , Pick us a Goodun to start the year off M.O.M .

                Comment


                • ....not sure if it helps, but this time last year we went for:

                  Pic D’orhy (Arkle) 25-1: Chacun (CC) 6-1: Paisley (Stayers) 8-1 & TopoftheGame (GC) 16-1.

                  Three with almost certainly defined targets (2 ran, one out injured) & one speculative (who never reached forum expectation).
                  Last edited by Eggs; 28 March 2021, 09:24 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                    I think that a year out from the next festival , Targets need to be fairly certain ..
                    As thing's stand , I'd go with Honeysuckle - ch. hdl - likely to defend her title .
                    ............................. Put the Kettle on - ch. chs - same thing applies and i don't think she has got the recognition she deserves , 4/4 at chelt.
                    .......................... Vanillier - brown advs nov chs . - looks like a strong stayer and going over fences we think.
                    ......................... Allaho - ryanair chs - i'd be surprised if Allaho ran in any other race . i.m.o.
                    ......................... Monkfish or A Plus Tard - gold cup , again can't see these two in any other race . i.m.o.
                    .... that's my ten penneth worth , Pick us a Goodun to start the year off M.O.M .
                    I’d leave the Gold Cup alone but that’s just me, but agree with everything else, word for word

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by charlie View Post

                      I’d leave the Gold Cup alone but that’s just me, but agree with everything else, word for word
                      What about Flooring Porter for the stayers instead of a horse for the GC? He surely stays over hurdles given that Cromwell has Vanillier for the RSA, is only 6, and looks the class horse in the division

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Exar Essay View Post

                        What about Flooring Porter for the stayers instead of a horse for the GC? He surely stays over hurdles given that Cromwell has Vanillier for the RSA, is only 6, and looks the class horse in the division
                        Yeh I love FP just really short. It is very appealing that he front runs though, that takes some of the tactical uncertainties out of the race. Were he 12's then id go in.

                        Comment


                        • I like flooring porter, easy winner last time and could well improve again. Also like minella indo for a repeat in the gold cup. Allaho in Ryanair also, i don't think they will send him to take on shishkin in the champion chase and finally either honeysuckle in champion hurdle or put the kettle on in champion chase. Can certainly say they've all got proven festival form !

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by charlie View Post

                            Yeh I love FP just really short. It is very appealing that he front runs though, that takes some of the tactical uncertainties out of the race. Were he 12's then id go in.
                            At face value he is short, but of the 6/1 and under lot I think he’s the best value.

                            We can be fairly certain of his target. Course and fez LP form. He’s smoked the Irish staying hurdlers twice, and the Brits couldn’t lay a glove. This years novices didn’t seem up to much / are going chasing (maybe the bosses Oscar could be a threat). If Thyme Hill goes chasing too ... for me, he’s the only one of the short favs really worth his price.

                            PP was this short last year wasn’t he having just been beaten and having been diagnosed with a defibrillating heart?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ice View Post
                              I like flooring porter, easy winner last time and could well improve again. Also like minella indo for a repeat in the gold cup. Allaho in Ryanair also, i don't think they will send him to take on shishkin in the champion chase and finally either honeysuckle in champion hurdle or put the kettle on in champion chase. Can certainly say they've all got proven festival form !
                              Just a bit of recency bias there! They won’t all repeat.
                              Gold cup winners rarely follow up it takes too much out of them, I’d prefer monkfish over minella indo.
                              Put the kettle on will only be running for places this time she got a soft lead this year and that is unlikely in 2022 with whichever Mullins horse and allmankind in the field.

                              Comment


                              • If we're considrring ptko then maybe slightly better value would be nube negra, double the price for half a length and catching?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X