Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

Lessons learned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
    I gave up masterbation for Lent this year and I genuinely believe it made a difference to my good luck and good fortune. I made a commitment to do it in work on Shrove Tuesday when struggling to flip pancakes and have stuck with it so far...just a week to go and I have experienced my most profitable festival so far. I was brought up Catholic and I am finally coming around to the idea that God doesn’t mind me drinking and gambling but does have an issue with me convincing my brain that my hand is the loving affection of a female companion so I have quit mid morning hand shandy’s and became a winner!!
    I love the fact that whilst struggling to flip pancakes you determined that you needed to stop wanking 'mid mornings'.

Only a Genius would ascertain that.

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post

I love the fact that whilst struggling to flip pancakes you determined that you needed to stop wanking 'mid mornings'.

Only a Genius would ascertain that.
      I’m not sure if I’ve got the start of arthritis or my wrists are worn out from repetitive strain but the shame of having to use two hands to flip pancakes in front of my kids was a sorry sight. I had a chat with my boss in work whose married to a Vicar and he suggested a period of self loving abstinence as a means of challenging my energies into more worthwhile past times and cleaning my mind of the toxic dirge of free online filth. I have definitely seen an improvement in my good fortune so instead of settling down for a mid morning wank over ‘rimming women’ or some other online smut I’ve focused my mind on the other wonders of the world when I’m home alone for a few hours such as google maps and zooming in the rough areas and estates of the UK and the world.

When I told my wife I had given up masterbation for Lent I was expecting a pat on the back or a hand to clean out my pipes but she responsed bluntly ‘Sorry I didn’t realise you still did that at your age, it’s a bit sad isn’t it Matthew’......one week to go though, I think I can do this

Comment

When I started this thread I hoped it would generate some discussion and cover some angles that I hadn’t considered before.

It’s fair to say that, as always on here, it hasn’t disappointed (especially in the last few posts)

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post

I’m not sure if I’ve got the start of arthritis or my wrists are worn out from repetitive strain but the shame of having to use two hands to flip pancakes in front of my kids was a sorry sight. I had a chat with my boss in work whose married to a Vicar and he suggested a period of self loving abstinence as a means of challenging my energies into more worthwhile past times and cleaning my mind of the toxic dirge of free online filth. I have definitely seen an improvement in my good fortune so instead of settling down for a mid morning wank over ‘rimming women’ or some other online smut I’ve focused my mind on the other wonders of the world when I’m home alone for a few hours such as google maps and zooming in the rough areas and estates of the UK and the world.

When I told my wife I had given up masterbation for Lent I was expecting a pat on the back or a hand to clean out my pipes but she responsed bluntly ‘Sorry I didn’t realise you still did that at your age, it’s a bit sad isn’t it Matthew’......one week to go though, I think I can do this
          Is that some kind of Related Double T.K.P , ??, Your boss is married to a Vicar and youv'e stopped bashing the Bishop ! ....

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post

Is that some kind of Related Double T.K.P , ??, Your boss is married to a Vicar and youv'e stopped bashing the Bishop ! ....
            ....I’ll keep an eye out for some similar named horses

Comment

Originally posted by Ballyfitz View Post
              When I started this thread I hoped it would generate some discussion and cover some angles that I hadn’t considered before.

It’s fair to say that, as always on here, it hasn’t disappointed (especially in the last few posts)
              Sorry Ballyfitz, I’ve been very proud of my achievement so far, I didn’t think I’d last this long but it has caused me a bit of embarrassment when family and friends have asked me what I’ve given up for Lent in general light hearted conversation

Comment

Working...
              X