Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Faugheen_Machine - LEGEND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post

I was in the same situation with Delta Work the year before and the cash out didn't tempt me. Mathematically it's definitely the wrong thing to do and I think that makes the decision much easier.
    That's incredibly impressive to be in the same position two years running, and I'm delighted for you that it came off this year - many congratulations!

Comment

• This was such an amazing result for FtM and the Fat Jockey forum, I’m still telling people about it. I really hope you enjoy your winnings FtM and it has a positive effect on your life and betting going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
        I really hope you enjoy your winnings FtM and it has a positive effect on your life and betting going forward.
        I’m sure you’re right, just don’t mention crypto...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

I’m sure you’re right, just don’t mention crypto...
          It was short lived. Removed my money and will never touch it again

Comment

• Just getting caught up on here after a crazy week. Absolutely amazing FM, well deserved, enjoy the winnings.

Comment

I was in the same situation with Delta Work the year before and the cash out didn't tempt me. Mathematically it's definitely the wrong thing to do and I think that makes the decision much easier.

I actually think it’s worth putting your 2020 bet in here for everyone who doesn’t know. Was it

Envoi Allen (Ballymore)

Ferny Hollow (bumper)

Samcro (Marsh)

Delta Work (gold cup)

? To come that close to a massive payout, to then follow it up a year later, not only with a bigger multiple but to have the doubles / trebles alongside it....amazing. And shows this was no fluke at all. Superb FM

What I also love so much about the bet is each had their moment of both looking vulnerable and looking the likely winner through the season.

Galvin was layed out early on but since then had the Elliott switch, no Codd onboard and at one point Royalle Pagaille a huge danger to his chances.

Sir Gerhard looked a beast until Kilcruit blew everyone away at the DRF and install himself as the new fav. Along with the switch in stable.

Quilixios, another stable change and despite starting off the year as the Triumph horse soon got upstaged by the ‘better’ Zanahyr throughout the winter. Not to mention a most probable Boodles target of Elliott had of had his way.

And Minella Indo, a horse who I personally gave up on having been my idea of the winner until February. Rachael jumped off for A Plus Tard (albeit Jack Kennedy is no downgrade) and he looked right up against it given his 2 runs prior to the festival.

Talk about an emotional rollercoaster through the year for all 4. Each were not far off fav for their respective races yet come the Festival all had 1 or 2 ahead of them in the market. Incredible.

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post

I actually think it’s worth putting your 2020 bet in here for everyone who doesn’t know. Was it

Envoi Allen (Ballymore)

Ferny Hollow (bumper)

Samcro (Marsh)

Delta Work (gold cup)

? To come that close to a massive payout, to then follow it up a year later, not only with a bigger multiple but to have the doubles / trebles alongside it....amazing. And shows this was no fluke at all. Superb FM

What I also love so much about the bet is each had their moment of both looking vulnerable and looking the likely winner through the season.

Galvin was layed out early on but since then had the Elliott switch, no Codd onboard and at one point Royalle Pagaille a huge danger to his chances.

Sir Gerhard looked a beast until Kilcruit blew everyone away at the DRF and install himself as the new fav. Along with the switch in stable.

Quilixios, another stable change and despite starting off the year as the Triumph horse soon got upstaged by the ‘better’ Zanahyr throughout the winter. Not to mention a most probable Boodles target of Elliott had of had his way.

And Minella Indo, a horse who I personally gave up on having been my idea of the winner until February. Rachael jumped off for A Plus Tard (albeit Jack Kennedy is no downgrade) and he looked right up against it given his 2 runs prior to the festival.

Talk about an emotional rollercoaster through the year for all 4. Each were not far off fav for their respective races yet come the Festival all had 1 or 2 ahead of them in the market. Incredible.
                Thanks Jono, I'll never be as lucky and still maintain its complete luck. If GE hadn't done what he did, the bet would never have been a runner as it looks like they'd have gone for the Boodles - which would have been one of the worst pieces of race planning I can remember! Bettering Sky Pirate!

It wasn't so much of an emotional rollercoaster because when placing these bets you never really expect them to land, you just hope that they all turn up in the right race. The excitement really kicked in when Rachael pulled clear in the Triumph.

I remember being asked if I had any good looking life changers and I was certain I hadn't, shows what I know.

The amount of friends that have asked what I'm backing for next season is ridiculous - most of them with no clue and no interest in racing. I've done well out of the Cheltenham festival over the last 11 years but my hourly rate still wouldn't be great!.

​​​​​​

Comment

• How was the nerves for the last race? The bet i won i was a nervous wreck thought i was gonna be a dopey idiot and faint!

Comment

• Just catching up myself - this is remarkable FM and to have been so close last year. There is some luck but it is minimal; to get those prices shows tremendous tipping and is just fantastic. Congratulations!! Could not be more pleased for you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
                      How was the nerves for the last race? The bet i won i was a nervous wreck thought i was gonna be a dopey idiot and faint!
                      The nerves weren't too bad Ray. The adrenaline kicked in when he was leading after the last and I've never had a feeling come close to that.

Comment

. I've done well out of the Cheltenham festival over the last 11 years but my hourly rate still wouldn't be great!.

​​​​​​
                        I think this is probably the case for a lot of us Faugheen , Certainly for myself ,.
                        Like being caught in a Rainstorm , with the odd Sunny Spell breaking through.....

Comment

I've done well out of the Cheltenham festival over the last 11 years but my hourly rate still wouldn't be great!.

​​​​​​
                          This is very true. I know the feeling. I obsess and put in so many hours, that if it were a job I'd be asking for a payrise to get me above the minimum hourly pay rate!
                          Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectre View Post

This is very true. I know the feeling. I obsess and put in so many hours, that if it were a job I'd be asking for a payrise to get me above the minimum hourly pay rate!
                            Haha....I’m sure many of us can relate to this, one thing I like to do is imagine tax being added to my annual profit, tends to make me feel even better. That and the old adage that a pound won is worth two earned or words to that effect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectre View Post

I agree completely, I would have made more money stacking shelves in the local Spar over the past year if I worked out the time I had spent reading, posting, watching and talking about horse racing! That said there aren’t many hobbies you make money on like this one and most other hobbies cost a small fortune and result in you getting wet, muddy and miserable more weeks than you don’t, at least our hobby can be enjoyed from the comfort of your settee or a pint in the stands even if it does age you more than heroin especially the past 6 months!!

Comment

Working...
                              X