Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Day 4 - Gold Cup Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 4 - Gold Cup Day

Can Al Boum Photo become a 3-time Gold Cup winner?
    Will the Rachel Blackmore/Hendy De Bromhead steam stop?
    How many winners will Willie have? 6 favs at the moment?
    What you on?
    Who are you excited about?

A festival like no other.... the final day is here......

Perfect Day 4:

Adagio or Zanahiyr to win the triumph (Tax For Max too, but I don't see that happening)
    Champagne Gold, Cayd Boy or Petit Mouchoir to win the County
    Streets Of Doyen would be a savage winner on its own @ 25/1+ but in a 271/1 double with Flooring Porter + N'golo @ 25/1
    Al Boum is a 60 point AP winner @ 6/1 but I think I'll actually make more if A Plus Tard wins (APT in the Zanahiyr doubles)
    Staker Wallace or Porlock Bay
    Elimay @ 7/1 is my ante post hope, really hope she wins.
    Gentleman De Mee and Galopin Des Champs to cap off the week.

GL all.

Comment

Morning Kev/Charlie

Can Al Boum Photo become a 3-time Gold Cup winner?

Of course but maybe Minella Indo the value now.

Will the Rachel Blackmore/Hendy De Bromhead steam stop?

Confidence travels down the reins etc but due a quiet day

How many winners will Willie have? 6 favs at the moment?

Dont like Spud or Hunter Chase favourites but back up in the Handicaps/Gold Cup/Mares so will say 3

What you on?

1.Zanahiyr and covered Tritonoc with money back special
      2.Probably too many Eclair De B, Third Time Lucki, Cayd Boy. Ceil De N, Strong Glance
      3 Stattler but have gone off him
      4 Minella Indo/Santini
      5 Porlock Bay ( like all the Jane Mangan fanboys)
      6 No bet ( that will be a lie later)
      7 All of the front 7 except Langer Dan

Who are you excited about?
      Gold Cup

Latest Previews

The Racecard

ttps://issuu.com/weatherbys/docs/cheltenham_-_2021-03-19_-_digi

Comment

....big multiple interest yesterday, particularly TBO who came so close to landing me a big ante-post a/r Trixie (with Bob O @ 16s and PTKO @ 16s). No such cliff edge at this point today.

Gold Cup is excitement at the prospect of another great days racing with a tinge of sadness that’s it’s nearly all over. I dare say I’m not the only one on here sitting smugly on another successful Festival.

Comment

Townend can still be backed at over 10/1 to be top jock won it with a treble last year (I hedged him against my Rachel bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Muswell View Post
            Townend can still be backed at over 10/1 to be top jock won it with a treble last year (I hedged him against my Rachel bet)
            Gold Cup is the pivotal race for this I think

Rachael Blackmore (IRE) 5 01
            J W Kennedy (IRE) 3 2 0
            P Townend (IRE) 2 5 2

Jack wins the Triumph - one behind
            Relatively similar chances in County but someone else due to win one
            Paul/Jack better rides in Spud
            Rachael/Paul better rides on paper than Jack in Gold Cup
            Paul a 33% chance in Foxhunters ?
            Paul/Jack better rides in the Mares ( but hot fav)

Might be one to keep an eye on the Betfair market during the day.

Comment

Yeah I am happy to leave jack as I have his decent ones backed anyway but Paul did my Geraghty bet last year on the final day so I would rather cover for the sake of it

Comment

And just like that we are on to the last day!

Overall, my most successful week with today still to go so hoping for a strong finish

Triumph:
                Zanahiyr 12/1
                Tritonic 33/1
                Quilixios 20/1

County:
                Ganapathi 11/1 EW
                Eclair De Beaufeu 28/1 EW
                Saint D'oroux 28/1 EW

Bartlett:
                Stattler 16/1
                Fakeira 11/1
                Streets of Doyen 40/1

Gold Cup:
                Al Boum Photo

Foxhunters:
                Not a race i'm that interested in..

Mares Chase:
                Elimay 12/1

Martin Pipe:
                Commandingpresence 25/1 EW

Streets of Doyen winning would give me my highest ever return having got him at 40s and waiting on him for a 252/1 EW double with Flooring Porter.

Placed a 5 pt 4 fold at the start of the week consisting of Bob Olinger, Sir Gerhard, Zanahiyr and ABP, if the remaining 2 win then I'll finally be able to secure a house deposit so that would be an actual dream!

Be lovely if I could just finish off the week with a couple of winners though, be over the moon

Comment

Best outcome today

ZANAYHIR
                  ECLAIR DU BEAUFUE
                  FAKIERA
                  A PLUS TARD
                  PORLOCK BAY
                  ELIMAY
                  GENTLEMAN DE MEE

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. (NOTE TO SELF DISCIPLINE !!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Muswell View Post
                    Just had a brown drinking voucher on at 12/1 with sky just in case. Doubled 5 of his mounts up with GDM in the last.

Comment

Well after flooring porters success in the stayers yesterday I'm well set up with multiple Yankees involving him finishing the week off today. My best results being zanahiyr in the triumph, Barbados Bucks in the spud, Champ for the gold cup and it came to pass for the foxhunters. With all stakes and some profit already secured it's an exciting day today. So good luck all and here's to a cracking final day.

Comment

Feel a bit sad that it's the last day. Goes by way too quickly.

Yesterday went well in the end after a horror start with Envoi. As always day 4 looks very tricky with two races (Bartlett, Foxhunter) I never seem to back the winner in and a county hurdle where I quite like about half the field.

Anyway, the ideal results today would be:

Quilixios / Haut En Couleurs
                        Ganapathi / Wolf Prince (bit of a cliff horse for me and couldn't leave 100/1)
                        Stattler / Torygraph / N'golo / Champagnesuperover (chancing him at a big price)
                        Frodon / A Plus Tard / Kemboy
                        Staker Wallace / Law Of Gold
                        Elimay / Magic Of Light
                        Gentleman De Mee / Folcano / First Lord De Cuet (been very consistent this season and could nick a place)

Had quite a bit of success with Mullins multis on this day last year so have done quite a few combinations on his runners today. Still haven't forgiven myself for choosing Janidil over Monkfish in all my bets last year when I was trying to be a smart arse thinking the favourite wouldn't win the Bartlett.
                        Last edited by isitmarchyet; 19 March 2021, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Quilixios would be a 1000pt return and Zanahiyr 55pts so I've had 7.5pts on Tritonic at 4.9 on the exchanges - hope there's no upset.

Grabbed the 16/1 Streets of Doyen straight after FP won.

Minella is close to a 1000pt return in the Gold Cup but I'm hopeful rather than expectant. If Quilixios managed to win the Triumph that would jump to 7500pt. I can only dream

Billaway in Foxhunters and Elimay are other ones I have onside with ante post bets.

Best of luck everyone.​​​​

Comment

Wow Faugheen! Nicely setup for the first race, GL!!!!

Comment

Been my best week betting wise, a lot of thanks to the forum and seeing other peoples having an even better week is the icing on the cake. Best of luck to everyone again today. My best results for today are
                              Tritonic
                              Edwardstone
                              Streets of Doyen or Torygraph
                              Minella Indo
                              Elimay

Comment

Working...
                              X