Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Has anyone had a Cheltenham 2022 punt yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sprinter Sacre View Post
    Energumene reduced from 25/1 to 16/1 for the Ryanair.

....still 22-1 with Hills boost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprinter Sacre View Post

Which race do you think JWM will target?
      I think that the Ballymore looks like best shout right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Winging The Last View Post
        On that note Gentlemansgame 50/1 for the RSA looks huge. Which I’ve already taken some of
        Yeah, I agree. Three I'm keen on in that market and nice of Bob O and Appreciate It to be holding up the market for us, unlike other markets available!

Comment

• Originally posted by HoldenTheReins View Post

Ballymore I imagine, same bumper Bob Olinger won and has the same owner and connections.
          Looked more a staying chaser to me than Bob Olinger though, so maybe he'll go further. So difficult at the moment as Robcour own a few likely ones that could follow in the footsteps of BO.

Comment

• ....one I’d like to see priced up is Navajo Pass for the Stayers.

Comment

• Grand Jury any race priced up anywhere?

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

Looked more a staying chaser to me than Bob Olinger though, so maybe he'll go further. So difficult at the moment as Robcour own a few likely ones that could follow in the footsteps of BO.
                Yeah ran in a slog of a ptp and ran in a 2m2 ptp flat race the other day when he could of run in a 2m one. Strong galloper defo a 3m horse down the line, got a couple of lovely recruits after a few tough years have Robcour emerging of late.

Comment

• Do we know what Appreciate It will be doing? He reminds me of a Faugheen who they could easily keep down the Champion Hurdle route if he does the same again at Punchestown. In which case it might be best to try find another Mullins horse plus the Henderson horse and get the Arkle covered beforehand?

Comment

• I am going to pick a few races in 2022 (maybe 3) and try to make a book on the race.

I will be going back through the archive threads (what a life haha) to see how seasons have historically unfolded, but to me, the RSA looks the perfect place to start.

I was gutted I missed out on the Monkfish prices, and as a winner of the AB he was an obvious bet that passed me by. So was Champ the previous year. So was TOTG (although definitely not at this point of the season).

I haven't got this race right ante post and I am determined to rectify this and that starts now!

Out of the 3 novice chases I believe it's the 'easiest' race to identify potential challengers now. The Arkle and Marsh are a nightmare, whereas the Albert Bartlett and Ballymore 1/2/3 has a history of producing RSA contenders, and based on what we know now, I think we can make educated guesses as to who will go novice chasing, and what will be aimed over 3m.

It's interesting that the two horses at the top of the ante post market have shown nothing but speed, in Bob Olinger & Appreciate It. We don't even know if their future lies over fences, or 3m, and I'd say its highly unlikely both would be targeted at the RSA, and neither might.

At current prices the Irish horses that leap of the page are:

Galopin Des Champs @ 25/1
                    Gaillard Du Mesnil @ 27/1
                    Gentlemansgame @ 33/1

I have to keep reminding myself that the Brits have won 4/7 runnings of the RSA (I will always call it this). The ones that interest me are:

Bravemansgame @ 16/1
                    Imperial Alcazar @ 50/1
                    Gallyhill @ 50/1

I am going to give this race some serious thought and get some positions in the book nice and early.

The only bet I have made so far is Gaillard Du Mesnil. I think he's a good ante post bet @ 27/1 with Hills. He handled Cheltenham and just run into an exceptional horse in BO who did him for speed. It's clear he wants fences and a bit further, and that he has oodles of class. He's a big money purchase for JD, trained by Willie Mullins, second in a Ballymore, exceptionally bred, he just ticks so many RSA boxes, even at this very early stage.

Comment

• One that interests me for the supreme next year is I Am Maximus for Henderson. His one bumper run and win has been well franked. You can get 66/1 for him currently. However, hes british trained and with henderson so that has to count against him

Comment

• Originally posted by Jrow View Post
                        One that interests me for the supreme next year is I Am Maximus for Henderson. His one bumper run and win has been well franked. You can get 66/1 for him currently. However, hes british trained and with henderson so that has to count against him
                        Well , if i was going to back a british trained runner in the supreme , It would probably be a N.Henderson trained one .

Comment

• charlie If you have access to Unibet, they have Galopin Des Champs priced up at 40/1 for the RSA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jrow View Post
                            One that interests me for the supreme next year is I Am Maximus for Henderson. His one bumper run and win has been well franked. You can get 66/1 for him currently. However, hes british trained and with henderson so that has to count against him
                            Don't let recency bias put you off British trained horses. 3/6 supremes have been won by British trainers, 2 of which were Henderson's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
                              charlie If you have access to Unibet, they have Galopin Des Champs priced up at 40/1 for the RSA.
                              I think I do actually, will try and log in and get that in, thanks.

Comment

• Where do we think Gars de sceaux will be aimed at? Stayers?

Comment

Working...
                                X