Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

January Forum Yankee

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • January Forum Yankee

    Cant see a thread for this so thought we had better start. Anyone got a thought for which way we go?
    Who's up for starting us off?

  • #2
    Just a thought but how about a Rich Ricci yankee?

    Comment


    • #3
      .....an early tilt at handicaps might be a bit risky (unless we go NRNB firms) but potentially high reward. Would need to filter selections who’s target looks fairly certain.

      For example, Forum favourite Capodanno is 20-1 for County and Chatham Street Lad is the same price for the Plate.
      Last edited by Eggs; 20 January 2021, 11:31 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Middle_Of_March probably thought his work was done with the double December effort.

        This will be decided after Trials Day but before Dublin so ideas on strategy MoM ?

        Comment


        • #5
          Imperial Alcazar - Pertemps

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
            Middle_Of_March probably thought his work was done with the double December effort.

            This will be decided after Trials Day but before Dublin so ideas on strategy MoM ?
            With it being before the Dublin Fez, we’re likely to want to use February for horses from there.

            So for January, I have to admit to liking the handicap idea. Anyone massively against that?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post

              With it being before the Dublin Fez, we’re likely to want to use February for horses from there.

              So for January, I have to admit to liking the handicap idea. Anyone massively against that?
              Pros

              With PP/Betfair we could get 5 places and NRNB on it

              Cons

              Some may not be able to get on and have to take 4s without NRNB but bigger prices?

              Someone make a poll and piss Kev off

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by robith View Post

                Pros

                With PP/Betfair we could get 5 places and NRNB on it

                Cons

                Some may not be able to get on and have to take 4s without NRNB but bigger prices?

                Someone make a poll and piss Kev off
                Noted, but I think that's less of an issue than selecting horses from races that only one or two bookies have priced up, hopefully by the end of Jan most will have created their handicap markets and added a good number of horses...

                Comment


                • #9
                  ....if we go down the Handicap route, Not the Fuisse ( Grand Annual) has been highlighted by a number of posters @ 25-1 NRMB with PP.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                    Just a thought but how about a Rich Ricci yankee?
                    I like this angle but I’d nominate a Donnelly owned Yankee of ABP, Melon, GDM, and Dark Voyager

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Royal Pigaille NH Chase?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Topofthegame2021 View Post
                        Royal Pigaille NH Chase?
                        I think you know I'd put him in there.
                        Last edited by Spectre; 22 January 2021, 09:50 AM.
                        Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Spectre View Post

                          I think you know I'd put him in there.
                          That one was for you Spectre

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            NRNB handicap bet sounds good

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If that 25/1 Not That Fuisse is still around I think he’d be cracking value for the yankee...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X