Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2021 National Hunt Novices Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

Wow......I'll take that back then !!
    Don’t hold me to it Lobos, I’m sure one of our resident Irish correspondents can confirm...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

Don’t hold me to it Lobos, I’m sure one of our resident Irish correspondents can confirm...
      Never get involved in Punchestown so I wouldn't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

Correct they're quite a few.

Without knowing how long he has to remain pro, i don't think the argument is clearcut though.

Comment

• Its likely not the same but in golf the waiting time turning back from pro to amateur is quite a while

Comment

• Don't forget that Patrick can also ride in more big Pro races if he turns Pro, as amateurs are restricted to the number of proper races they can run in and win, I believe.
            So he could happily miss all the amateur races over the festival season and ride in the better races for his dad.
            Then apply to go back as amateur immediately after Punchestown.

The issue is how long it will take the officials to grant him this.
            I'd imagine this is what they've been doing all weekend, trying to look at precedent's for this, or getting some kind of nod.
            It is an exceptional circumstance, so you'd imagine they could allow a speedier process.

Comment

• On The Road To Cheltenham , Ruby said once you turn pro and ride 25 winners , there's no turning back to amateur status . Automatically cancels that option.??.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                On The Road To Cheltenham , Ruby said once you turn pro and ride 25 winners , there's no turning back to amateur status . Automatically cancels that option.??.
                Why? He'd be doing well to ride 25 winners wouldn't he?

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post

Why? He'd be doing well to ride 25 winners wouldn't he?
                  And definitely want to remain a part time pro.

Comment

• Dickie has an entry at the weekend over 2m 7f

Comment

• Originally posted by Birds Nest View Post
                      Dickie has an entry at the weekend over 2m 7f
                      I would be stunned if he won this being so close and his lack of chasing runs is now a worry?

Comment

• Longhouse Poet looks set for this reported from the trainer just now on Racing t.v.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madmoose View Post

I would be stunned if he won this being so close and his lack of chasing runs is now a worry?

If he is allowed to run it would also be a worrying omission from the qualifying rules that were brought in for horse welfare reasons.

Surely they would not want such inexperienced runners in this gruelling race with such a short space between runs ?

They may need to reassess these going forward if they don't have a date already in place (for when a horse must have completed qualification).

Comment

• Originally posted by Madmoose View Post

Well he's 7lbs clear of anything in it, and would only need to come top 4?

I'd imagine it's not that much different to some of the 'serious work' some horses have to come through to be spot on for the festival?

365 suspending probably made people feel they made the right call..... but this does fit in with what Nicky had said all along (about not going for the tough Reynoldstown)....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Well he's 7lbs clear of anything in it, and would only need to come top 4?

I'd imagine it's not that much different to some of the 'serious work' some horses have to come through to be spot on for the festival?

365 suspending probably made people feel they made the right call..... but this does fit in with what Nicky had said all along (about not going for the tough Reynoldstown)....

Think he meant win the NH chase.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr X View Post
                                Longhouse Poet looks set for this reported from the trainer just now on Racing t.v.
                                love to see it. He was and is a great bet

Comment

Working...
                                X