Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2021 National Hunt Novices Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spectre View Post

Possibly. I'm still torn though. If he were mine he'd wait until next year for the Gold Cup. Making decisons second guessing connections usually serves me well, but with nrnb in play it was abet I should have struck. I have now and adjusted my stake accordingly.
    Haha, only too you three sentences to admit it should have been a bet beforehand .....

Comment

Don't !!!
      They didn't enter Monkfish did they for the NH Chase?

We're safe

Comment

• Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          It's weird that Royal Pagille is being discussed as a Gold Cup horse, or NH Chase..... because 'they already have Monkfish'.

Is he not better than Monkfish? Will surely be rated higher...

Monkfish to the NH Chase and Royal Pagaille to the RSA

What's the NRNB double on that
          No he’s not.

Comment

• Thank god Lobos has got the class not to rub it in!

On the plus side my ratings for him were right. They were off the charts (which made me doubt myself), but I think everyone has now seen the same now after that.
            Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• Think people are slightly overreacting personally

Sam brown was a non runner and sams adventure fell

Hes obviously won as easy as you like

But that was an awful race

But maybe I'm just bitter I'm not on at nice prices

Comment

Thank god Lobos has got the class not to rub it in!

On the plus side my ratings for him were right. They were off the charts (which made me doubt myself), but I think everyone has now seen the same now after that.
                You were bang on and I can't quite believe how easily be did that today.

It's a tough decision for connections. Fortune favours the bold so I'd go for it but it would surprise me if Ricci went down GC route.

Comment

• Originally posted by barizan View Post

No he’s not.
                  The ratings won't back that up

Comment

Thank god Lobos has got the class not to rub it in!

Reminds me of when Bristol de Mai won this race on the bridle.
                    Which is not a bad thing.
                    But let's hope Vanessa don't run him again in three weeks like Nigel Nob ed did.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post
                      Think people are slightly overreacting personally

I'm on this side too.
                      Although when they win that well, you never can be sure, but his Gold Cup price now is a bit stingy, which is par for the course for a Saturday winner.
                      NH backers would hope Venetia sees the race the same way too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post

Reminds me of when Bristol de Mai won this race on the bridle.
                        Which is not a bad thing.
                        But let's hope Vanessa don't run him again in three weeks like Nigel Nob ed did.
                        No chance she will Q. After running in that ground she'll get him there fresh.

I agree. Waht NTD was doing running BDM again is beyone me.
                        Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post
                          Think people are slightly overreacting personally

Yep.

Put my thoughts up regarding Royale Pagaille yesterday, and the one horse I wanted to see him against today was a NR, not his fault of course and he's battered the opposition today but what did he actually beat? Most of them would be tailed off or PU in a Gold Cup, wouldn't they?

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

Yep.

Put my thoughts up regarding Royale Pagaille yesterday, and the one horse I wanted to see him against today was a NR, not his fault of course and he's battered the opposition today but what did he actually beat? Most of them would be tailed off or PU in a Gold Cup, wouldn't they?
                            Literally nobody has argued against that so far...

I'm not sure who is "over reacting" like you and FinalFurlong91 are alluding to?

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

Yep.

He also travelled quite keenly and dragged himself to the front which wouldnt be ideal at all for the NHC

Comment

• When an unexposed horse wins like that, its hard to knock and hard to know exactly how good he is. I said before the race i had no idea how good he was, i now think hes very good, but still dont know how far he can go. Thats what makes it exciting for me and intriguing.
                                I hope he has no more runs until March, and runs in the Gold Cup, to keep the intrigue going.

Comment

Working...
                                X