Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2021 National Hunt Novices Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post

Lord Royal??
    Hed have to show significantly more than his last race to go here youd think

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
      Shocker day for me. No The Big Getaway any race !!?? Thanks for telling us Mullins That hurts. Nearly 10 PTS slip away.........
      Since he's not entered at the DRF either, can only assume that either something is amiss or he is being saved for Punchestown Festival.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nortons who View Post

Since he's not entered at the DRF either, can only assume that either something is amiss or he is being saved for Punchestown Festival.
        Yep, he's a gonner I'd say. Makes Envois task in the Marsh even easier now though..... Always a Silver Lining

Comment

• Surely Patrick isn’t wanting to ride Asterion in this???

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
            Surely Patrick isn’t wanting to ride Asterion in this???
            Think that falls under gluttony for punishment

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
              Surely Patrick isn’t wanting to ride Asterion in this???
              AF won't be going anywhere near the place.

Comment

• Obviously the yard form is dire; but Tizzard usually has one good enough to place in this. It is a race he has done relatively well in.

I thought maybe TBB might get an entry but only ones are Ofalltheginjoints & Sizing At Midnight - do either make any appeal? Sizing At Midnight is more experienced and was seemingly going well when falling last time out.

The other one that interest me is Kitty's Light of Christian Williams.

Comment

• After those entries Galvin's position at the head of the betting looks even stronger now.

Comment

• Lord Royal entered in a 3m beginners chase on Saturday for anyone interested.

20/1 NRNB and only 1 of 2 entered for WPM in this along with Asterion Forlonge.

Comment

AF won't be going anywhere near the place.
                      Risky using definitive language re most of Willies novices, let alone a horse that's one of only two entered in a race where he usually has runner. Is it likely? No. Is it beyond the realms of possibility? Also no. IMO of course

Comment

• Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
                        Lord Royal entered in a 3m beginners chase on Saturday for anyone interested.

20/1 NRNB and only 1 of 2 entered for WPM in this along with Asterion Forlonge.
                        Couldn't have a worse profile for the race.
                        Except he's likely to be Mullins only runner.
                        Which makes it hard to ignore, but I might.

Comment

• Just to put the case for the contrary on Lord Royal...

Firstly, we are talking about a Mullins runner at 33-1 and 20-1 NRNB.....so the question is more is there value here

The horse was a pretty good hurdler and ran chase RPR of 150 when fell.....looked ok til that point (obviously need to forgive one run)....and should he win his next race, or run well, the price will shorten massively

Totally understand the case against and the profile is high-risk......but that's why its 33s......and Willie / Patrick must have some faith (can't believe the loony one comes here, so this must be their planned horse)

They have also given Lord Royal multiple entries....again pointing to they rate him

I have added a little NRNB to my previous bet and had some cheeky doubles to roll-on to obvious favs. You are probably all right and can have a laugh after next run.....but i think not much to lose on few small punts
                          Last edited by TigerRolllllll; 20 January 2021, 01:18 PM.
                          Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post

Risky using definitive language re most of Willies novices, let alone a horse that's one of only two entered in a race where he usually has runner. Is it likely? No. Is it beyond the realms of possibility? Also no. IMO of course
                            Were his entries made before he had his fall the other day ?

Comment

Were his entries made before he had his fall the other day ?
                              He'd have made the entries on Monday so, no.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post

He'd have made the entries on Monday so, no.
                                Very interesting and surprising ! They won't run him will they ?? Maybe they'll keep him in both races right up until final Dec stage to frighten a few off

Comment

Working...
                                X