Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

2021 National Hunt Novices Chase

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

    That's just an excellent post.

    I'm going to take the 14/1 myself, with cashout options.... rather than 16s without or 7/1 NRNB

    The jockey situation has me scared as my advantage would be diminished. What a ridiculous situation to affect an ante post bet
    Why scared? Sure Codd is better than the majority of the amateurs but Galvin will arguably be the best or one of the best horses in the race and given he could have Jack/Davy whilst they ain't miles clear of other professionals you've still got one of the best pilots if it comes to that.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Outlaw View Post

      Why scared? Sure Codd is better than the majority of the amateurs but Galvin will arguably be the best or one of the best horses in the race and given he could have Jack/Davy whilst they ain't miles clear of other professionals you've still got one of the best pilots if it comes to that.
      Well because of exactly that...

      "Galvin will arguably be the best or one of the best horses in the race"

      yet

      whilst "Jack/Davy whilst they ain't miles clear of other professionals you've still got one of the best pilots if it comes to that."

      The fact Codd is "miles clear" means I'm losing some of the edge.


      Jack and Davy are fantastic, but the difference between say Codd and Patrick Mullins, is bigger than Jack Kennedy to Townend? .... and as a wider point, Codd to "the rest" means the field is potentially 'deeper' than it would have been.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

        Well because of exactly that...

        "Galvin will arguably be the best or one of the best horses in the race"

        yet

        whilst "Jack/Davy whilst they ain't miles clear of other professionals you've still got one of the best pilots if it comes to that."

        The fact Codd is "miles clear" means I'm losing some of the edge.


        Jack and Davy are fantastic, but the difference between say Codd and Patrick Mullins, is bigger than Jack Kennedy to Townend? .... and as a wider point, Codd to "the rest" means the field is potentially 'deeper' than it would have been.
        Can half see your point but your on at big enough prices so the negative thinking wouldn’t be part of my thought process personally. Get them space hoppers back out !

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Outlaw View Post

          Can half see your point but your on at big enough prices so the negative thinking wouldn’t be part of my thought process personally. Get them space hoppers back out !
          Haha, oh I'll be letting them ride obviously.... it's just I had him as a 3/1 shot, very likely strong fav...
          Now he's more likely 9/2f in a stronger field than it would have been?


          I know I have great bets, but you can't get blinkered....

          Comment


          • #95
            Part two of the ‘Dickie Diver road to National Hunt Chase glory’ is on Saturday at Warwick. Very excited to watch it.

            The opening episode was a lovely teaser into the storyline. The horse showed his well-being before deciding to run on gamely in the latter stages and give viewers a glimpse of his potential as a four mile horse. Was exactly what those of us on from the summer were hoping to see.

            In episode two at Warwick I’m hopeful once again to see the horse running on late but also to show some improvement with his jumping at a tricky test such as Warwick in preparation for that 5:30 race on the Tuesday in 9 weeks time.

            The final episode in said 9 weeks culminates in a rampant celebration from connections as the good thing wins hard held on the snaff after the rest of the field are out on their feet turning for home. Dickie Diver however turns in full of running and just had to clear the last. The viewing public (all watching by from home of course) hold their breath... he’s over! What a performance! Have you ever seen a horse hard held win a National Hunt Chase before? The ‘Dickie Diver road to National Hunt Chase glory’ is one hell of a three part story! Heard a rumour next year theirs a sequal being planned called ‘Dickie Diving my way to Gold Cup stardom’. Exciting!

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

              That's just an excellent post.

              I'm going to take the 14/1 myself, with cashout options.... rather than 16s without or 7/1 NRNB

              The jockey situation has me scared as my advantage would be diminished. What a ridiculous situation to affect an ante post bet
              Thanks Kev - I took a boosted 22/1 when he was introduced to the market after the Welsh GN, and if he takes his chance, would like to think that he'd be competitive (having said that, I'm quite prepared for a scenario in which Galvin hoses up having obviously been aimed at this from a long way out).

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                Part two of the ‘Dickie Diver road to National Hunt Chase glory’ is on Saturday at Warwick. Very excited to watch it.

                The opening episode was a lovely teaser into the storyline. The horse showed his well-being before deciding to run on gamely in the latter stages and give viewers a glimpse of his potential as a four mile horse. Was exactly what those of us on from the summer were hoping to see.

                In episode two at Warwick I’m hopeful once again to see the horse running on late but also to show some improvement with his jumping at a tricky test such as Warwick in preparation for that 5:30 race on the Tuesday in 9 weeks time.

                The final episode in said 9 weeks culminates in a rampant celebration from connections as the good thing wins hard held on the snaff after the rest of the field are out on their feet turning for home. Dickie Diver however turns in full of running and just had to clear the last. The viewing public (all watching by from home of course) hold their breath... he’s over! What a performance! Have you ever seen a horse hard held win a National Hunt Chase before? The ‘Dickie Diver road to National Hunt Chase glory’ is one hell of a three part story! Heard a rumour next year theirs a sequal being planned called ‘Dickie Diving my way to Gold Cup stardom’. Exciting!
                No Dickie Diver Saturday unfortunately

                Went from looking a cracking race to a very poor turnout! Story of the season, 3 runners.

                Next Destination against Fiddlerontheroof.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                  Part two of the ‘Dickie Diver road to National Hunt Chase glory’ is on Saturday at Warwick. Very excited to watch it.

                  The opening episode was a lovely teaser into the storyline. The horse showed his well-being before deciding to run on gamely in the latter stages and give viewers a glimpse of his potential as a four mile horse. Was exactly what those of us on from the summer were hoping to see.

                  In episode two at Warwick I’m hopeful once again to see the horse running on late but also to show some improvement with his jumping at a tricky test such as Warwick in preparation for that 5:30 race on the Tuesday in 9 weeks time.

                  The final episode in said 9 weeks culminates in a rampant celebration from connections as the good thing wins hard held on the snaff after the rest of the field are out on their feet turning for home. Dickie Diver however turns in full of running and just had to clear the last. The viewing public (all watching by from home of course) hold their breath... he’s over! What a performance! Have you ever seen a horse hard held win a National Hunt Chase before? The ‘Dickie Diver road to National Hunt Chase glory’ is one hell of a three part story! Heard a rumour next year theirs a sequal being planned called ‘Dickie Diving my way to Gold Cup stardom’. Exciting!
                  Has your Dickie Dived on the news MoM ?

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Really shame Dickie has Dived the hampton.

                    This does make handicaps less likely now and he has no other 6 day decs.

                    It probably is here or no where.

                    Comment


                    • Dickie Diver unfortunately scoped dirty so had to sit this weekend out which is very frustrating because I’d liked to have run him because the main target is the National Hunt Chase.
                      from Henderson's Unibet blog

                      Comment


                      • Dickie Diver unfortunately scoped dirty so had to sit this weekend out which is very frustrating because I’d liked to have run him because the main target is the National Hunt Chase.
                        A Proper sick note isn't he.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                          Dickie Diver unfortunately scoped dirty so had to sit this weekend out which is very frustrating because I’d liked to have run him because the main target is the National Hunt Chase.
                          A Proper sick note isn't he.
                          Good that he name checked the race all the same.

                          Comment


                          • Would presumably only have had one more run before the Festival anyway, so no biggie if its another couple of weeks imo

                            Comment


                            • Unibet cut him off the back of that too... someone mention Hendos record over 3m 2+ as it was brought up the year Ok Corral was fancied.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                                Unibet cut him off the back of that too... someone mention Hendos record over 3m 2+ as it was brought up the year Ok Corral was fancied.
                                He's never won a National of any sort anywhere has he ??

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X