Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

2021 National Hunt Novices Chase

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Spectre View Post
    He put up a Grade 1 rating at Kempton which was why I got excited about him. If I was right he was well in today whoever he lined up against.

    The handicapper will probably give him the rating he should have given him after Christmas now.
    No argument from me, not sure how I missed it [your case] originally....

    I'm late to the party, but the party don't start 'till I walk in.

    Comment


    • ...apologies if mentioned; for RPs destination. Sky go:

      4/5 NHC: 11/8 GC: 4/1 RSA: 10-1 Marsh

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Eggs View Post
        ...apologies if mentioned; for RPs destination. Sky go:

        4/5 NHC: 11/8 GC: 4/1 RSA: 10-1 Marsh
        Perhaps they are fishing for a face to play the market

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Rooster Booster View Post

          Perhaps they are fishing for a face to play the market
          Great spot, anyone playing this market for mote than a tenner should expect account monitoring/restriction...

          Comment


          • Not sure Ritchie Rich will be topping up with sky

            Comment


            • He’ll come here. He’s a novice. Ricci will want to go for the race that’s easiest to win - that would be this. Realistically he didn’t beat much today - he did it really well but it doesn’t scream Gold Cup winner to me.

              I am obviously talking from my pocket so all of the above can be ignored

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Topofthegame2021 View Post
                He’ll come here. He’s a novice. Ricci will want to go for the race that’s easiest to win - that would be this. Realistically he didn’t beat much today - he did it really well but it doesn’t scream Gold Cup winner to me.

                I am obviously talking from my pocket so all of the above can be ignored
                Will Monkfish have an impact on his target?

                Have a go at the Blue Riband this year with Royal Pagialle, as Monkfish will hopefully be fit and firing for a crack at it next season.

                Comment


                • If they allow the amateurs to ride at the festival it could sway Royale Pagaille to come here

                  Rich Ricci and Patrick Mullins have a great relationship/record

                  I am sure Patrick will be on the phone after today

                  Willie has nothing at the head of the market

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post

                    Will Monkfish have an impact on his target?

                    Have a go at the Blue Riband this year with Royal Pagialle, as Monkfish will hopefully be fit and firing for a crack at it next season.
                    The only impact Monkfish will have is that RP won’t go to the RSA this year. RP wouldn’t win the GC this year but might do next year - so having two darts at the GC wouldn’t be so bad for Ricci.

                    it’s obviously a game of opinions - this is mine

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post

                      Will Monkfish have an impact on his target?

                      Have a go at the Blue Riband this year with Royal Pagialle, as Monkfish will hopefully be fit and firing for a crack at it next season.
                      If we are all thinking it then yes, it'll be on Rich Ricci's mind too I suspect.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Liammet View Post
                        If they allow the amateurs to ride at the festival it could sway Royale Pagaille to come here

                        Rich Ricci and Patrick Mullins have a great relationship/record

                        I am sure Patrick will be on the phone after today

                        Willie has nothing at the head of the market
                        He may well do if/when Lord Royal qualifies this week at a rescheduled Navan. I thought Tom rode a brilliant race on him today. He positioned him perfectly throughout the race and set him at every fence spot on. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't keep the ride now.

                        Comment


                        • Strike when the iron is hot. So not here in an egg and spoon race for RP but go for gold

                          Comment


                          • Plenty of talk about Ricci’s wishes here, is Venetia’s opinion worth nothing...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                              Plenty of talk about Ricci’s wishes here, is Venetia’s opinion worth nothing...
                              Reading between the lines it sounded like her opinion is to go for Gold, but at the end of the day, what Ricci wants is what Ricci is going to get?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post

                                Reading between the lines it sounded like her opinion is to go for Gold, but at the end of the day, what Ricci wants is what Ricci is going to get?
                                Archie, who has far better awareness of the workings at Closutton than we ever will, has consistently said that Mullins makes the call with horses under his stewardship, I’m sure there are discussions between trainer and owner but if Ricci entrusts Mullins with the decisions regarding his horses why wouldn’t he extend the same courtesy to Venetia ?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X