Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2021 Brown Advisory Novices Chase (formerly RSA).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by charlie View Post

I agree GS. Pre season Paul says chasing and RSA, after Newbury says RSA, pre Warwick said RSA - protects his unbeaten record over fences under a penalty running to low 150s and...................'stick him in the 4 miler'. Makes no sense to me as he seems Paul's RSA horse and deserves to take his chance. Don't get me wrong, Monkfish looks superior and is far more likely to win the race than ND, but the latter was RSA fav once upon a time and I'm starting to see why. He deserves his place in this IMO
    Harry Derham

He stays very very well, jumps great and I'm really pleased with his performance. He jumped really nicely, he's got a good bit of scope when you need it and, for a novice, he looks pretty assured and knows what he's doing. He was good, brave and quick, he really does stay well too. He'll be entered in the RSA and we'll have to talk to Malcolm Denmark about the National Hunt Chase. If I was a betting man, I'd imagine he'd end up in the race which was the RSA. Paul will have a conversation and make a plan from there. We'll try and get him in peak condition for Cheltenham now

Comment

• You'd never guess you have had a few quid on him Charlie

Comment

• If he was mine since he's a 9 year old id send him to the national hunt chase as its likely the best chance he will ever get to win at the festival and you find out about his stamina looking forward to a tilt at the 2022 national

Comment

• 'If he was mine' seems to be a popular argument on here. Fine as an opinion but terminal as an ante post strategy.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
            'If he was mine' seems to be a popular argument on here. Fine as an opinion but terminal as an ante post strategy.
            Certainly can't disagree with that

if he were a bigger price I'd maybe be tempted, but at the prices happy to sit and see where he ends up

Comment

• Although Next Destination was made a 14-1 chance for what was known as the RSA at the Cheltenham Festival by William Hill and 12-1 for the same race by Coral, Cobden believes the Mildmay Novices’ Chase at Aintree could be a more suitable option.

He added: “I don’t known if he is an RSA horse. The three-mile race at Aintree might suit him. Paul might get him home tonight and think RSA it is, or say ‘right, we will take our time and go for Aintree’.

“One thing I do know is the be all and end all is not Cheltenham in Paul’s mind, so Aintree is on the cards

Comment

• Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post
                Although Next Destination was made a 14-1 chance for what was known as the RSA at the Cheltenham Festival by William Hill and 12-1 for the same race by Coral, Cobden believes the Mildmay Novices’ Chase at Aintree could be a more suitable option.

He added: “I don’t known if he is an RSA horse. The three-mile race at Aintree might suit him. Paul might get him home tonight and think RSA it is, or say ‘right, we will take our time and go for Aintree’.

“One thing I do know is the be all and end all is not Cheltenham in Paul’s mind, so Aintree is on the cards
                I wonder how much of this is the jockey recognising that the performance his mount just put in suggested NHC perhaps more than RSA and recognising the horses fragility he will only take in one of the festivals and he wants the ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                  You'd never guess you have had a few quid on him Charlie
                  Best place to talk about him

Could be best of the British, priced up that way.

Monkfish at 2/1 actually looks like quite good

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post

Best place to talk about him

Could be best of the British, priced up that way.

Monkfish at 2/1 actually looks like quite good
                    If he runs to his best its getting increasingly hard to see what beats him

Comment

• Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post

If he runs to his best its getting increasingly hard to see what beats him
                      Yeh I'm looking through the market and you can put lines through so priced 25/1 or under:

Monkfish - deserved favourite
                      Latest Exhibition - looks to have his measure
                      Next Destination - could go Aintree or god forbid NHC
                      Envoi Allen - wont run
                      The Big Breakaway - not good enough
                      Energumene - Arkle or Marsh bound
                      Pencilfulloflead - Quite interesting
                      Royal Pagaile - NHC
                      Allart - Marsh
                      The Big Getaway - will prob be separated from Monk / Marsh
                      Shan Blue - DS said he wont get an entry

So many horses either wont go or wont be good enough from that last. If all the ones we know wont show up were removed from the market tomorrow Monkfish would be even money or less. 2/1 is probably fair. Might add him

Comment

• Well for the sake of the race, let’s hope we have horses like ND taking on the fav, I mean who wants a virtual non event?

Comment

• I still after further thought, have the opinion that was a proper race today and told me I saw an RSA horse, he will love that climb !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnage at Taunton View Post
                            Well for the sake of the race, let’s hope we have horses like ND taking on the fav, I mean who wants a virtual non event?
                            Everyone who has Monkfish at tidy prices won't be complaining !

Comment

• Are they afraid then?

Comment

• I thought Cheltenham was all about seeing great races with the best taking each other on, like the Olympics if you like......have I got it all wrong all these years??

Comment

Working...
                                X