Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2021 Brown Advisory Novices Chase (formerly RSA).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Brown Advisory Novices Chase (formerly RSA).

All RSA chat here - note sponsorship has ended and race name will change...

I can tell I'm getting too long in the tooth, when I'm actually annoyed it won't be the RSa.

The Marsh not being the JLT annoys me.

Monkfish looks the one to beat, Latest Exhibition the correct second fav.

Anyone looking beyond these two?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

The 2 from the Kauto Star wouldn't be without a chance if turning up. I really like Shan Blue but seems more likely to go the Marsh route. TBB is a horse I just feel like will put it all together one day and if he does that he's good enough to win this imo.

One at a big price I like but have no idea where he's going is Phoenix Way. Weirdly campaigned over 2 miles this season. Did well to win fto then was out of his depth in the Henry viii. Won over 3 miles last season as a hurdler so I'd have no worries him stepping up for this but wonder if the campaign has been aimed towards a handicap.

Comment

Not looking beyond Monkfish. He looks the real deal to me. The 'without market' on the day will be my next stop. The realistic challengers are very light.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
          Not looking beyond Monkfish. He looks the real deal to me. The 'without market' on the day will be my next stop. The realistic challengers are very light.
          Yeah I agree he does look like he has all the attributes to win this race and a Gold Cup next year if he can stay fit and well. I just he doesn’t scare too many rivals off and there is a depleted field as you would expect to see in the Arkle & Marsh.

Comment

Looks pretty uninspiring on paper at the moment you’d have to say. Cupboard looks bare for gigginstown, it’s a crime that fury road has stayed over hurdles!

don’t think pencilfullofleads beating of LE was a fluke although I do think the ground won it for him, if that makes sense, but if it comes up soft on the day he should be right there you’d think, whether he can beat monkfish or not remains to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by ToniC View Post
              Looks pretty uninspiring on paper at the moment you’d have to say. Cupboard looks bare for gigginstown, it’s a crime that fury road has stayed over hurdles!

don’t think pencilfullofleads beating of LE was a fluke although I do think the ground won it for him, if that makes sense, but if it comes up soft on the day he should be right there you’d think, whether he can beat monkfish or not remains to be seen.
              Gotta assume they schooled fury road and he was useless

Comment

This looked the race of the meeting 2-3 months ago now looks as though it is Monkfish's for the taking. Really hope The Big Getaway comes here as I like to think he would give Monkfish something to think about. I can't get excited about LE (at the prices), Next Destination has looked good but is not my idea of the winner, The Big Breakaway needs to jump better than at Kempton (entirely possible given how he jumped at Cheltenham) but still would need to improve to beat Monkfish. Not sure Chelts will suit Shan Blue.

Of the outsiders there isnt anything exciting. Chantry House and Andy Dufrense could be of interest but it is unlikely they will end up here. Fiddlerontheroof has let backers down too many times but 3 miles may eek out some improvement.

Wonder if the plan is still to send Pencilfulloflead to the NHC, it was the plan a couple of months ago.

Struggling to think of anything that may trouble Monkfish. Pretty uninspiring really.

Comment

Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
                  The 2 from the Kauto Star wouldn't be without a chance if turning up. I really like Shan Blue but seems more likely to go the Marsh route. TBB is a horse I just feel like will put it all together one day and if he does that he's good enough to win this imo.

One at a big price I like but have no idea where he's going is Phoenix Way. Weirdly campaigned over 2 miles this season. Did well to win fto then was out of his depth in the Henry viii. Won over 3 miles last season as a hurdler so I'd have no worries him stepping up for this but wonder if the campaign has been aimed towards a handicap.
                  Yeah both in with a shout.
                  I'd agree Phoenix Way is a more typical handicapper given the way he's been campaigned.

Comment

Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post

Gotta assume they schooled fury road and he was useless
                    Yeah it had crossed my mind although surprising for one from a point to point background

Comment

Yeah both in with a shout.
                      I'd agree Phoenix Way is a more typical handicapper given the way he's been campaigned.
                      Word of warning on him

He burst a blood vessel last time out

Comment

I can see quite a few sub 25/1 that probably wont run in this market and whilst Monkfish looks star material some of the e/w plays that are 14/16s will end up being more 7/8/9s s on the day surely. I didn't really like TBB much prior to this season for whatever reason and i can see the arguments when people say he's slow and a poor jumper etc, he hasn't got a tactical turn of foot but he isn't Santini esque, his jumping on debut was big and flashy then since then it went to pot in a sprint and lto it was what stopped him beating Shan Blue.

He surely has lots of scope to reverse form with a horse like Shan blue(who i do think will go the Marsh) but providing he improves his jumping come March to an acceptable level i just feel he's a strong candidate to be in the first 3, i'd go as far to say that if i was looking at this market for the first time he would be my punt at 16s as of today. I don't think he will go the 4miler with how Tizzard regards him and struggles to secure top amateurs, flip to all this is obvs the Tizzard yard is hardly one to have much faith in for March recently but this lad is growing on me giving how much i think he can improve.

Comment

I like both Skeltons novices but find it strange the one that’s raced over 3m he’s saying will drop in trip which means the one that’s ran over intermediate stepping up.

Protektorat wins this weekend surely he has to go Marsh! I know Champ didn’t run over 3m but it’s not the norm is it?! I know it happens but a lot less frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
                            I like both Skeltons novices but find it strange the one that’s raced over 3m he’s saying will drop in trip which means the one that’s ran over intermediate stepping up.

Protektorat wins this weekend surely he has to go Marsh! I know Champ didn’t run over 3m but it’s not the norm is it?! I know it happens but a lot less frequently.
                            Famous last words but I’d be very surprised if both don’t run in the Marsh. If I am wrong and protektorat does step up he is a genuine danger to the fav imo. I loved how he responded when Southfield tried to serve it up to him. I really think he is a proper tool. Jumps, stays and has a turn of foot. I fully expect him to step up in trip next season and be a real GC contender and I love the way the trainer has recognised what he has had and not over faced him.giving hitman 7 pounds at the weekend is no gimme but if he does so in a bit of style I think this fella will start to command a lot of attention.I am usually open minded about horses to a fault and it’s actually a little out of character for me to be so bullish so I am looking forward to eating a large slice of humble pie at the weekend.

Comment

I can tell I'm getting too long in the tooth, when I'm actually annoyed it won't be the RSa.

The Marsh not being the JLT annoys me.

I was listening to the Irish lad who looks like a geeky chav. That was once a member of Blazing Squad.
                              But is generally clever.
                              He said they may hold onto Latest Exhibition and challenge later next time. As he has actually headed Monkfish in the bartlett and the other day (marginally).
                              Much easier said than done mind you, but the theory has it's merits.
                              I still view Latest as having just a fraction more speed.
                              It's whether that would be still available as he's chasing Monkfish up the hill.
                              He'll probably come off the bridle too soon to be fair.

Comment

Working...
                              X