Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

2021 Brown Advisory Novices Chase (formerly RSA).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stormez View Post
    I know someone mentioned something about Stowaways over 3m but couldn’t find it, interesting stat I came across on Twitter regarding his runners......

Horses by Stowoway have a terrible record at the Festival in chase events of about 3 miles. In 10 festival 3m chases, only 4 of Stowaway’s offspring have completed their races, and none finished in the top 6 places. Of the other six, 1 fell and 5 were pulled up.
    Be more interesting if we had the horses names in question.
    I'd imagine Outlander would have been the best of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stormez View Post
      I know someone mentioned something about Stowaways over 3m but couldn’t find it, interesting stat I came across on Twitter regarding his runners......

Horses by Stowoway have a terrible record at the Festival in chase events of about 3 miles. In 10 festival 3m chases, only 4 of Stowaway’s offspring have completed their races, and none finished in the top 6 places. Of the other six, 1 fell and 5 were pulled up.
      Nothing wrong with looking at stats like this, but a few points, firstly how many of them were trained by Willie Mullins? I'm sure I don't need to tell you the difference being trained by the master of Closutton makes.

Secondly, how many of them were crossbred with Old Vic? A producer himself of staying types including multiple Grand National winners.

Lastly, did any of them win their novice hurdle race at the festival previously?

If the stats still look terrible after this then I'd definitely take note.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

Nothing wrong with looking at stats like this, but a few points, firstly how many of them were trained by Willie Mullins? I'm sure I don't need to tell you the difference being trained by the master of Closutton makes.

Secondly, how many of them were crossbred with Old Vic? A producer himself of staying types including multiple Grand National winners.

Lastly, did any of them win their novice hurdle race at the festival previously?

I don't think any of them were crossbred with Old Vic but I only went down so far on the offspring on Racing Post.

Stattler is by Stowaway and out of an Old Vic mare, which is a possible breeding angle for the AB.

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Scorpion is the double squiggle sire for me at Cheltenham.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

Yeah didn’t read anything into it either way, just found it interesting.

Comment

• ....looks like this is the target for Sporting John;

https://www.attheraces.com/news/2021...-sporting-john

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                ....looks like this is the target for Sporting John;

https://www.attheraces.com/news/2021...-sporting-john
                Good, and a big chance imo

Comment

• Right call, very keen on his chance

Comment

• This kind of comment always makes me chuckle... (IRE) 14/1

Richard Johnson
                    Philip Hobbs
                    6 114 149 109 161
                    Held up in last, detached when slow jump 5th, left in fourth after 12th, headway before 3 out, shaken up and went second after 2 out, challenging when not fluent last, ridden and kept on strongly to lead run-in, won going away (trainer's rep could offer no explanation for the apparent improvement in form)

Comment

• .......worse still, the stewards except it !

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        This kind of comment always makes me chuckle...

Held up in last, detached when slow jump 5th, left in fourth after 12th, headway before 3 out, shaken up and went second after 2 out, challenging when not fluent last, ridden and kept on strongly to lead run-in, won going away (trainer's rep could offer no explanation for the apparent improvement in form)
                        Haha, reminds me of this beaut from the Henderson team regarding Vegas Blue (not remotely Cheltenham related):

26/12/19 - Vegas Blue finishes 5th of 8 on SOFT ground when 6/4f - "trainer said the filly was unsuited by the going on this occasion and would prefer a quicker surface"

04/12/20 - Vegas Blue is PU on HEAVY ground - "trainer's rep could offer no explanation for the filly's performance"

Full of absolute shite, the lot of them!

Comment

• I wouldn't touch Sporting John with stolen money. He's clearly unreliable, and has a definite profile of wanting to go right handed. His one run left handed (at Cheltenham), he spit the dummy out.

If I backed horses with his profile I'd be a losing punter. If I'm wrong I'm happy to take it on the chin.
                          Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                            I wouldn't touch Sporting John with stolen money. He's clearly unreliable, and has a definite profile of wanting to go right handed. His one run left handed (at Cheltenham), he spit the dummy out.

If I backed horses with his profile I'd be a losing punter. If I'm wrong I'm happy to take it on the chin.
                            Totally agree with this very flaky horse too many bad runs for me to chance at Cheltenham.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                              .......worse still, the stewards except it !
                              Apart from the spelling this is bang on, stewards are failing the handicappers every day of the week and trainers know how to exploit it...

Comment

• Without Monkfish, who wins the RSA??

Comment

Working...
                                X