Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

2021 Brown Advisory Novices Chase (formerly RSA).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PresentingPercy88 View Post
    The Big Breakaway only has an entry for the RSA, no 4 Miler or Marsh entry (insert stroking chin emoji)...
    Yeh as much as I'd like to be smug about that having been a big fan of his for this early on, I cant help feeling the Tizzard's are clinging on to what we all hoped the horse would be, vs what he actually is.

Comment

• Might be some merit in Royal Pegaille NRNB in this....specially when more bookies offer odds and better prices

He won’t come here unless something happens to Monkfish - but if it did, then will be much shorter prob
      Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerRolllllll View Post
        Might be some merit in Royal Pegaille NRNB in this....specially when more bookies offer odds and better prices

He won’t come here unless something happens to Monkfish - but if it did, then will be much shorter prob
        Nothing to lose doing it but even if Monkfish didn't make it I still think RP would go GC.

Comment

• One of the inconsistencies with the 'Royal Pagaille' target arguement, is that they're saying he'll go for the "easiest option"..... if that was the case, why wouldn't Monkfish be going for the NH Chase for connections?

There can't be any arguement the NH Chase isn't easier? Yet nobody thinks Monkfish will go there (rightly so)...... the importance of the races is being ignored.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            One of the inconsistencies with the 'Royal Pagaille' target arguement, is that they're saying he'll go for the "easiest option"..... if that was the case, why wouldn't Monkfish be going for the NH Chase for connections?

There can't be any arguement the NH Chase isn't easier? Yet nobody thinks Monkfish will go there (rightly so)...... the importance of the races is being ignored.
            They’ve said they will go for the easiest race? How have I managed to miss that.

May have to add him NRNB for that after reading that. There’s no way a horse spoken about by many of the top judges in the game as a gold cup contender wouldn’t be a short priced fav for the NH Chase if he ended up there instead. He’s be 7/4 fav or that ilk. I might have to back him despite being clearly confident that he wouldn’t go there.

A Rich Ricci NRNB Canadian could look quite tasty this year.

Benie - Mares Chase
            Monkfish - RSA
            Royal Pagaille - NH Chase
            Min - Ryanair
            Chacun Pour Soi - Champion Chase

And that’s without the ones with chances like Hook Up, Saldier and Sharjah. Hell they’ve got Five O Clock who’s going to go well I’d have though too in a handicap hurdle.

Sod it.. I’m backing the five above. I’ve talked myself into it. 403/1 NRNB. And it’s 3:53am so nobody can talk my out of it.

Apologies for derailing the thread completely.
            Last edited by Middle_Of_March; 26 January 2021, 03:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post

They’ve said they will go for the easiest race? How have I managed to miss that.

May have to add him NRNB for that after reading that. There’s no way a horse spoken about by many of the top judges in the game as a gold cup contender wouldn’t be a short priced fav for the NH Chase if he ended up there instead. He’s be 7/4 fav or that ilk. I might have to back him despite being clearly confident that he wouldn’t go there.

A Rich Ricci NRNB Canadian could look quite tasty this year.

Benie - Mares Chase
              Monkfish - RSA
              Royal Pagaille - NH Chase
              Min - Ryanair
              Chacun Pour Soi - Champion Chase

And that’s without the ones with chances like Hook Up, Saldier and Sharjah. Hell they’ve got Five O Clock who’s going to go well I’d have though too in a handicap hurdle.

Sod it.. I’m backing the five above. I’ve talked myself into it. 403/1 NRNB. And it’s 3:53am so nobody can talk my out of it.

Apologies for derailing the thread completely.

They, as in some on here. not connections (with regards this specific horse in any case, yet)

Comment

Might be some merit in Royal Pegaille NRNB in this....specially when more bookies offer odds and better prices

This idea just been put up by one of tipsters on Racing Post weekly pod ....must read FJ .....with exact same logic, saying it would be a 6-4 shot with no Monkfish

Really think this is one of those NRNB that u know prob will be a money back thing, but if happens will look like one of ur best bets

Many people on any race, but if not, this looks amazing value. No way it’s 5-1 (plus BF boost) if Monkfish were to miss
                Last edited by TigerRolllllll; 26 January 2021, 10:26 AM.
                Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

This idea just been put up by one of tipsters on Racing Post weekly pod ....must read FJ .....with exact same logic, saying it would be a 6-4 shot with no Monkfish

Really think this is one of those NRNB that u know prob will be a money back thing, but if happens will look like one of ur best bets

Many people on any race, but if not, this looks amazing value. No way it’s 5-1 (plus BF boost) if Monkfish were to miss
                  Yeah, Quevega backed it the other day and I wasn't far behind.

One of my favourite types of bet. I can see why some people don't bother but if you don't mind tying some stake up there really isn't a downside that I can see.

Comment

• Asterion Forlonge with an entry over 3m at the left handed track of Naas on 31st January.

Early entries also include Eklat De Rire, Escaria Ten & Pencilfulloflead, as well as others.

Comment

One of the inconsistencies with the 'Royal Pagaille' target arguement, is that they're saying he'll go for the "easiest option"..... if that was the case, why wouldn't Monkfish be going for the NH Chase for connections?

I am sure you know this but.... Monkfish has not been entered into the NH Chase, his entries are Marsh and Novice Festival Chase.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                        Asterion Forlonge with an entry over 3m at the left handed track of Naas on 31st January.

Early entries also include Eklat De Rire, Escaria Ten & Pencilfulloflead, as well as others.
                        Might be relevant for the NH Chase thread too....

Comment

Might be relevant for the NH Chase thread too....
                          Yeah, think Quevega had that covered already

Comment

• Rather they run Pencilfulloflead here seeing he ties in with Latest Exhibition so is worth a crack in this race with Escaria joining Galvin in the NHC.

Comment

• Coko Beach is 20/1 NRNB here.

If he moves out of handicap company - probably won't though, if Irish National is the aim?

Comment

• I have him for the Browns Advisory only, but NRNB not the worst shout I have heard.

Comment

Working...
                                X