Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

2021 Arkle Novices Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Arkle Novices Chase

All Arkle chat here...

The Irish challenge has been a disappointment so far hasn't it. Mainly due to injuries but nothing has grabbed this division by the scruff of the neck yet

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      The Irish challenge has been a disappointment so far hasn't it. Mainly due to injuries but nothing has grabbed this division by the scruff of the neck yet
      Step forward Captain Guinness. I do think he'll be Shishkins biggest threat at Cheltenham. Him and Darver Star on better ground will make a race of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post

Step forward Captain Guinness. I do think he'll be Shishkins biggest threat at Cheltenham. Him and Darver Star on better ground will make a race of it.
        Yeah, I added him further at 20/1 last week (I think), as he is the likely challenger from Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post

I see Energumene is entered in the same race as Captain Guinness on Sunday. I was thinking Marsh would be more likely than here as he seems to have a bit more an engine. Anybody think he could end up here?

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

Yeah, I added him further at 20/1 last week (I think), as he is the likely challenger from Ireland.
            He's probably got as much improvement in him as Shishkin as well in respect of how little racing he's had.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              In terns of the Irish runners, I still thought Unexcepted looked impressive when beating Entoucas. Are you writing Unexpected off from this for some reason ?

Comment

Originally posted by Nortons who View Post

In terns of the Irish runners, I still thought Unexcepted looked impressive when beating Entoucas. Are you writing Unexpected off from this for some reason ?
                Currently injured hence no run at Xmas but not out for the season. Obviously you’d be hoping to see him in the Irish Arkle or similar.

Comment

Just want to see him entered again now. He's got some sort of injury, the extent of which is unknown currently.

Comment

Had a set back didn't he and no entries, so I feel I covered him with my general sweeping statement

I said "The Irish challenge has been a disappointment so far hasn't it. Mainly due to injuries but nothing has grabbed this division by the scruff of the neck yet"

Comment

Originally posted by ToniC View Post

Currently injured hence no run at Xmas but not out for the season. Obviously you’d be hoping to see him in the Irish Arkle or similar.
                      Hopefully. It'll be nice to have a few runners against Shishkin. He could easily get injured or fall during the race so you never know. Always nice to have some sort of back up however low the return.

Comment

Originally posted by SizingJohn View Post

I see Energumene is entered in the same race as Captain Guinness on Sunday. I was thinking Marsh would be more likely than here as he seems to have a bit more an engine. Anybody think he could end up here?
                        I backed him for the Marsh on the back of his Chasing debut over 2m4 where he was brilliant (visually and on the clock) and didn’t appear to be stopping at the line. However Townend immediately after the race suggested he has the pace for 2miles and was keen to go back in trip. He’s one I’m very keen to stay on the right side of, Willie minded him throughout the whole of last season with chasing in mind and imo you have to take note when he treats a horse in such a manner. I think he could turn out to be one of the leading novice chasers this season. Really hope he’s declared on Sunday to find out more.

Comment

Looks very unlikely that Fairyhouse or Naas will go ahead this weekend .

Comment

There must be some value here just picking the potential runners? Aside from Shishkin and Allmankind is there a horse for whom this is a definite target?

Comment

Unexcepted would come here, assuming he recovers from his setback.

Comment

Working...
                              X