Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Who is the best tipster on Fat Jockey ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Count me in.

Comment

I will have a go

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond Geezer View Post

Would you like to elaborate please ?
        It was a light hearted comment that you seem to love running competitions, no malice intended!

Comment

Right we have 37 players, so to avoid players having to play a pre qualifying game and missing out on the competition proper if they lose, I will be closing entries once we have 40 players and we will have eight groups of five rather than four which means there will be four matches in the group stage rather than three.This needs to run across five meetings so one player will have no match for one of those.

I will repost the schedule once we have the forty players and the draw will be made and posted pre Christmas.
          Last edited by Diamond Geezer; 15 December 2020, 09:54 AM.
          The owls are not what they seem

Comment

Yes please.

Comment

I'll give it a go. Cheers DG

Comment

Only one place left now

Comment

I’ll give someone an easy win.

well done for organising DG.

Comment

Let The Games Commence !

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
                      Right we have 37 players, so to avoid players having to play a pre qualifying game and missing out on the competition proper if they lose, I will be closing entries once we have 40 players and we will have eight groups of five rather than four which means there will be four matches in the group stage rather than three.This needs to run across five meetings so one player will have no match for one of those.

I will repost the schedule once we have the forty players and the draw will be made and posted pre Christmas.
                      This sounds excellent DG. Excited for it.

Id price it up antepost for a bit of fun (not real money of course) but I don’t want to offend anyone if I put them 50/1. A fake betting market and some mock bets might be a fun addition..

Comment

So entries closed and this is the schedule for the five Group matches with the top two in each group moving forward to the knockout stage on Jan 23rd at Ascot. Please note the schedule is subject to change and may be influenced by abandoned meetings, small number of fields etc.The draw will be made next week and posted once the pre Christmas racing is completed.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post

This sounds excellent DG. Excited for it.

Id price it up antepost for a bit of fun (not real money of course) but I don’t want to offend anyone if I put them 50/1.
                          I'd take 50/1 as a compliment to be honest. If you manage to offend anyone then all the better. Go for it if you can be bothered, sounds a good laugh

Comment

Originally posted by Jorvik View Post

I'd take 50/1 as a compliment to be honest. If you manage to offend anyone then all the better. Go for it if you can be bothered, sounds a good laugh
                            Yeah I will I reckon. I’ll wait til the draw. In fact, I’ll price up the groups and the head to head matches as well. Everyone is allowed ?10 (not real money it’s important to point out in case any lurkers are reading this) to bet weekly on the head to head markets as well as ?10 at the start of the competition for the groups outright and the competition outright.

So effectively:
                            Week 1 to 5 - ?10 weekly to be divided across whichever group games you wish to bet.

Knockout rounds - ?10 for each knockout round to be divided across whichever games in that round you wish to bet.

I’ll work out the specifics rules and make a new thread for it. Never ran a competition before and wouldn’t want DG to think I’m stepping on his toes. Just thought it might be fun to add a betting (fake) angle to it.

Comment

If your still to make the numbers up, I’m gain for a laugh

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                                I’ll work out the specifics rules and make a new thread for it. Never ran a competition before and wouldn’t want DG to think I’m stepping on his toes. Just thought it might be fun to add a betting (fake) angle to it.
                                No probs mate, I don't bet so wouldn't have a clue.

Comment

Working...
                                X