Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival Preview Nights 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best bit of the betfair preview was Gordon not been able to pronounce DDG.

Olly Murphy also cracking up when Gordon called Abrakadabras - Abrakebabras

Comment

• Originally posted by The Nam View Post
      Joseph did mention tower bridge but don't recall which race.
      Mentioned it as an EW shout for the Close Bros

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
        Pretty sure Canardier goes for the Coral cup., and Tower bridge in the Close bros.
        Dermot McLoughlin is looking forward to running Cheltenham winner Canardier at the festival, although which race he will contest has yet to be... Read More

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
          That’s how I understood it but Canardier is borderline to make the cut...
          Canardier should comfortably make the cut in both races but he's guaranteed for the Martin Pipe

Comment

• My guess is Canardier could end up in Coral with Barry riding. Cant see an obvious McManus runner except maybe Rhinestone ( and probably M Walsh ride). I know people will taken different views if that is the case. A big positive for me if it happens.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">FWIW - The <a href="https://twitter.com/Timeform?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Timeform</a> panels charity bets from last nights Cheltenham preview in Manchester. They had £200 each from <a href="https://twitter.com/Betfair?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Betfair</a> to bet as they liked. <a href="https://t.co/WrZJqS7jXy">pic.twitter.com/WrZJqS7jXy</a></p>&mdash; Barry Orr (@BetfairBarry) <a href="https://twitter.com/BetfairBarry/status/1103241580599750656?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">6 March 2019</a></blockquote>
              <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Donny via https://twitter.com/Dean_Hurrell?lang=en-gb

Best table in the house. I will tweet the best bits.
                On the panel tonight
                MS - Michael Shinners
                WG - Warren Greatrex
                EC - Ed Chamberlin
                MH - Mark Howard
                DJ - Daryl Jacob
                OB - Oli Bell

Champion Hurdle
                MS - BVD WG - LAURINA - Agrees wholly with Olly. Untapped potential and will love the ground. Out of the two mares, she’s the one EC -LAURINA MH - LAURINA DJ - APPLES JADE SHARJAH - Value e/w bet OB - LAURINA - “A certainty”

Supreme MS - GRAND SANCY WG - KLASSICAL DREAM “Will be very hard to beat” EC - VISION D’HONNEUR MH - VISION D’HONNEUR DJ - ELIXIR DE NUTZ OB - ANGELS BREATH “Hendo and Nico absolutely love this horse and worked extraordinary the other day Davey to ride AB Nico to ride MR FISHER

Arkle MS - HARDLINE WG - GLEN FORSA “Bet of the week for me, best jumper of a fence in the country” HARDLINE e/w EC - GLEN FORSA MH -PALOMA BLUE DJ - DEFI DU SEUIL (If declared) OB - KNOCKNANUSS LALOR needs good ground says Daryl

BENIE DES DIEUX banker of the day, different league to the opposition
                - Mark Howard In the close Brothers HIGHWAY ONE O ONE - Warren Greatrex Daryl Jacob thinks OK CORRAL has too much speed for the 4 miler and Warren Greatrex doesn’t think he’ll get home

Best bets for day one
                MS - HIGHWAY ONE O ONE
                WG - GLEN FORSA
                EC -LAURINA
                MH -BENIE DES DIEUX
                DJ - ELIXIR DE NUTZ
                OB - ANGELS BREATH

Champion Chase
                MS - ALTIOR WG - ALTIOR EC -ALTIOR MH -ALTIOR DJ - ALTIOR OB - ALTIOR General feeling is MIN will go CC and FOOTPAD will go Ryanair
                Ballymore Novices Morris has to be taken very seriously when he brings a horse over - Warren Greatrex SAMS PROFILE did a race course gallop earlier in the week and he is “in very good nick” - Olly Bell
                RSA DELTA WORK The general pick for this race. Conflicting reports about SANTINI and wasn’t working very well when he pulled a shoe

Daryl Jacob gives a big big shout for ULTRA GOLD in the Cross Country. A very big shout.

Best bets Day 2
                MS - FINE BRUNELLO - Fred Winter
                WG - DELTA WORK / GODS OWN w/o ALTIOR EC - TIGER ROLL “A cert”
                MH - TOP OF THE GAME - RSA
                DJ - Missed what Daryl said
                OB - SAMS PROFILE - Ballymore

TOP NOTCH will run in the Stayers Hurdle. Daryl Jacob confirms.
                Stayers Hurdle MS - FAUGHEEN WG - KEEPERS HILL to run into a place EC - No selection MH -TOP NOTCH DJ - TOP NOTCH OB - PAISLEY PARK

Ryanair Chase MS - WG - MONALEE “Rock solid” EC - MH - FOOTPAD, class act of the race, trip will suit DJ - FOOTPAD, but will ride TERREFORT OB - MONALEE FRODON “An in form FOOTPAD could blow this lot away”

JLT Novices MS - KILDISART WG - LOSTINTRANSLATION EC - MH - LOSTINTRANSLATION DJ - KILDISART, Daryl will rise OB - LOSTINTRANSLATION

Best chance of the week for Henderson, EPATANTE in the Mares Novice

Gold Cup MS - NATIVE RIVER WG - NATIVE RIVER EC - PRESENTING PERCY MH - PRESENTING PERCY DJ - NATIVE RIVER / BRISTOL DE MAI e/w OB - CLAN DES OBEAUX / BRISTOL DE MAI e/w

In the Albert Bartlett ALLAHO has been passed to Olly by Ruby Walsh as one he is very keen on ��

MAGIC SAINT in the Grand Annual is very well handicapped and Daryl likes him a a lot. Shinners reports that this has been very well backed

Best bets for Day 4
                MS - WG - NATIVE RIVER
                EC - URADEL
                MH - DICKIE DIVER
                DJ - MAGIC SAINT
                OB - ALLAHO

Bet of the week all to be boosted by Sky
                WG - GLEN FORSA
                EC -FOOTPAD (Ryanair)
                MH - EPITANTE
                DJ - MAGIC SAINT
                OB - ANGELS BREATH

“Have whatever you can afford to bet responsibly on”

Comment

• Hi Guys

Great forum I have been reading but not registered. Good luck to all next week

Comment

• Thanks Old Vic very interesting

Comment

• We have a great panel tomorrow night at The Thurrock Hotel - Daryl Jacob, Lee Mottershead, Mike Cattermole, Nick Gifford, David Crosse & Tom Garner, I won't be letting anyone get away with giving 5/1 shots a good each-way chance, anyone in Essex/Kent who fancies popping along, let me know and i'll arrange a discount on the ticket price. Cheers, Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by CrystalSpirit View Post
                        We have a great panel tomorrow night at The Thurrock Hotel - Daryl Jacob, Lee Mottershead, Mike Cattermole, Nick Gifford, David Crosse & Tom Garner, I won't be letting anyone get away with giving 5/1 shots a good each-way chance, anyone in Essex/Kent who fancies popping along, let me know and i'll arrange a discount on the ticket price. Cheers, Rob
                        Good luck with it. Give us the best bets after you get on

Comment

• Anything tonight?? Stream wise or do we have a breather

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                            Good luck with it. Give us the best bets after you get on
                            Cheers, I will let you know what was said, hopefully a few interesting quotes to report.

Comment

• I went to a Preview last night which featured Brendan Powell Snr & Jnr, Christian Williams and jockey Tom O’Brien. Tom & Brendan Jnr spent most of the night playing on their phones and knew very little about tips and the handicaps although O’Brien did claim Elegant Escape was a very good bet in the Gold Cup and Grand National. Brendan Powell Snr did a good over view of the main races and chose Glen Forsa as his nap of the Festival. Christian Williams offered very little and all in all I learnt nothing new. In general a waste of time, I’m sure they know a lot about their own horses but except Brendan Powell Snr know very little about other trainers horses.

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
                                My guess is Canardier could end up in Coral with Barry riding. Cant see an obvious McManus runner except maybe Rhinestone ( and probably M Walsh ride). I know people will taken different views if that is the case. A big positive for me if it happens.
                                Could well happen Mayo. I just don't get this whole "we'll run in the Martin Pipe because he's guaranteed to get in" nonsense. If you want to run in the Martin Pipe just run in it; if you want to run in the Coral Cup declare him on Monday. If he gets in then great; if not, run him on Friday - I just don't see the problem. I will be on him in whichever race but am concerned a little about the ground so that would be more a factor for me. On balance, as long as he can get a good conditional (a big question) I would think the New course would suit him slightly better.

Comment

Working...
                                X