Irish Hennessy 2015 Stats
Wed, Feb 4th, 2015
The Irish Hennessy is scheduled for mid February at Leopardstown racecourse. It has Grade 1 status and is run over three miles.
It is considered a leading trial for the Cheltenham Gold Cup but in its 25 year history only two horses, Jodami (1993) and Imperial Call (1996) have doubled up.
Sir Des Champs won here in 2013 and finished 2nd in the Gold Cup. Last years Gold Cup winner Lord Windemere used this as his last prep run finishing 6th of the 7 runners.
Irish Hennessy Trends 2005-2012
- Gigginstown owned horses have won the last two renewals
- Wille Mullins has trained 3 of the last 4 winners and has won the race on 8 occasions
- Prior to Last Installment's win the previous 4 winners were aged 8 or less
- There have been 5 winning favourites in the past decade
- The biggest price winner was Last Installent at 8-1
- Quel Esprit was the lowest rated winner in the last decade (150)
- Ruby Walsh has ridden 2 of the last 6 winners
- There have been two English trained winners since 2008
Irish Hennessy Winners 2005-2014
Cheltenham Festival Race Stats and Trends
<< Back to Racing Headlines