Exeter Cheltenham Festival Preview 2013
Thu, Feb 21st, 2013
Exeter kicked off the preview season this evening and we have been tracking news from the venue. Philip Hobbs, David Pipe and Paul Nicholls were the big names in attendance.
Here is what we got:
Supreme Novices Hurdle
- Nicholls needs to see Fago jump well at Sandown tomorrow before he makes a decision about the Festival
- David Pipe and Phillip Hobbs agree that Overturn will win the Arkle. Paul Binfield reckons Arvika Ligeonniere will win.
- Philip Hobbs goes with Overturn in the Arkle
- Back Overturn at 7/2 and claim a £20 Free Bet at Boyle Sports
- Paul Nicholls says there's nothing between Hurricane Fly, Zarkandar, Rock on Ruby and Grandouet for the Champion Hurdle.
- Paul Nicholls says there doesn't appear to be any pace in the Champion Hurdle and jockeys will have to ride accordingly
Other Tuesday races
- Feltham Chase winners get beaten in the RSA, says the panel - Hadrians Approach is a market mover
- Paul Nicholls "Sprinter Sacre is unbeatable. We're just looking for crumbs."
- With the Champion Chase likely to cut up, the Ryanair Chase will be the race of the season, says Paul Binfield.
- Wonderful Charm is fav for Coral Cup. Paul Nicholls says he's only had one run and he's in the dark about him.
- Menorah will run in the Ryanair. Hobbs is very happy with him. It will be his 4th Festival.
- David Pipe goes with Cue Card in Ryanair as his charity bet
- Oscar Whiskey gets the verdict in the Ladbrokes World Hurdle.
- Woodford County has a squeak in the Albert Bartlett and he's for sale says Philip Hobbs. He runs at Exeter Tuesday week.
- Paul Nicholls says Bobs Worth is the one to beat in the Gold Cup. Pipe agrees but says The Giant Bolster also has a chance too.
- Paul Binfield says Captain Chris is in form of life and is a huge price at 20-1 for the Gold Cup
- If you fancy Captain Chris better to take the 25-1 with BetVictor NRFB and claim up to £25 in Free Bets
<< Back to Racing Headlines