Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Champion Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alary for the Ryanair? Fox Norton here?
    Either way, Fox Norton won't be ahead of God's Own.

Looks easily the second best horse in the race?

Lami Serge? Pfft

Comment

• L'ami Serge for the grand annual according to Jerry McGrath apparently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ballybeen View Post
        L'ami Serge for the grand annual according to Jerry McGrath apparently.
        Daryl said Champion Chase in his blog.

Comment

• Hendo said "attack attack attack" regarding L'ami in his blog regarding the CC too .... but that was a week ago... I wouldn't back him over a fence in any race so it is irrelevant. Better hurdler.

Comment

• Wouldn't trust L'ami Serge to win if he only had himself to beat!!

Comment

• I've just had to take some 100/30 Gods Own without Douvan, should be no bigger than 7/4 and when everyone runs scared of Douvan he will be a short price

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                I've just had to take some 100/30 Gods Own without Douvan, should be no bigger than 7/4 and when everyone runs scared of Douvan he will be a short price
                Had 3 points each way on myself after my post an hour or so ago Ista! Spot on...

5 points back if God's own is in the first 4 in this years CC at worst... obviously the win is much better.

Almost a free bet on him beating Fox Norton to my mind and I've made my thoughts clear on that horsey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                  Daryl said Champion Chase in his blog.
                  James Norris‏ @jpnorris 9h9 hours ago

L'Ami Serge schooled this morning and is apparently heading for the Grand Annual, according to Jerry McGrath.

^ Nicky changes his mind again ? - James Norris is usually on the ball.

Comment

• Really want to back one of Fox Norton or God's Own in the w/o Douvan market myself, as they will both surely shorten significantly. But can't split them for the life of me.

Comment

• Sir Valentino in without is on my radar

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                        Really want to back one of Fox Norton or God's Own in the w/o Douvan market myself, as they will both surely shorten significantly. But can't split them for the life of me.
                        You can back both CCM, there's 4 places to be filled in what is likely to be a 7/8 runner race, though Fox Norton could easily end up Ryanair....

Comment

• Fox Norton is abysmal. I can just about accept he might get in the first 4 if he ran
                          Last edited by Kevloaf; 8 March 2017, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            Fox Norton is abysmal. I can just about accept he might get in the first 4 if he ran
                            Why have you got such a downer on Fox Norton Kev? The Tizzard's aren't bad judges and they paid good money for him I really like him.

Comment

• Post-race examination found Douvan to be lame behind following his defeat in the Champion Chase.
                              Trainer Willie Mullins said: "He is quite sore and we'll get an x-ray and maybe an MRI scan done in the next couple of days"

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
                                Post-race examination found Douvan to be lame behind following his defeat in the Champion Chase.
                                Trainer Willie Mullins said: "He is quite sore and we'll get an x-ray and maybe an MRI scan done in the next couple of days"
                                Jumping left a lot to be desired - maybe hurt himself in a blunder ?

Comment

Working...
                                X