Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getabird was very impressive ,certainly showed gears we not seen previously seen and must go for supreme on back of that. When Willie points one at this Moscow flyer race it normally his number 1 when you see past history. Vautour , Douvan and Min all went supreme and backed of the boards , this getabird seems to have as well.

Thought Mengli Khan ran well when you consider that not long after his last run , so hopefully now goes straight to festival relatively fresh.
    Also trying to give Getabird 6lb was a mighty task , actually thought jockey gave him poor ride as in let Getabird out on front end from start.
    With Kennedy back for festival and promise of better ground i haven't given up on him just yet .

Comment

• Originally posted by Greasy View Post
      Surely samcro goes to the Ballymore though? What would make him not
      Ballymore looks on paper the most ferociously competitive race of the festival IMO.

Personally think is Samcro went Supreme he’d win it 6L hard held. He looks to have all the gears and as I say, what opposition would be in the Supreme?

Comment

• If Getabird is Mullins' best chance in the supreme though hes clearly a very good horse. Samcro does look like he probably could have the brighter future but not sure that he'd risk what could end up being an easier race in the ballymore and risk going up against Mullins' best novice hurdler. Do you think the Ballymore could end up being the tougher race?

Comment

• Like everyone im a big Samcro fan but Getabird looked awesome today, Id be pretty confident that these two will be kept apart at the festival.

Comment

• If anyone does the avoiding I think it will be Gordon and Samcro. It wouldn't surprise me if he did a Don Cossack and gave him time off for the real business next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
              If anyone does the avoiding I think it will be Gordon and Samcro. It wouldn't surprise me if he did a Don Cossack and gave him time off for the real business next season.
              I'd be amazed if he did that Archie, and certainly don't think Samcro would be diverted because of Getabird.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                I'd be amazed if he did that Archie, and certainly don't think Samcro would be diverted because of Getabird.
                do you not think Ballymore will be Samcros target though?

Comment

• Yah I think Samcro will go for the Ballymore. Getabird surely runs in this and I'd guess Sharjah goes for the Ballymore as RR likes to split his up.

Comment

• As someone who hasn’t got Getabird covered in any race I’m at a loss as to the best course of action from here. The one thing to do is wait I guess - assuming nothing impresses in the Deloitte and this is the race he’s being aimed at I still assume 3/1 will be available a couple of weeks before, could see him being 2/1 on the day though. Whether I then take him on considering I have every other horse at the head of the market guaranteed to return a profit, or have a big cover bet thus eating into that potential profit and minimising losses I’m not sure. Something to ponder, the Supreme has not been good to me this time around

Comment

• Does anyone know if the paddy power nrnb is money back if in a different race or money back only if misses Festival?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                        As someone who hasn’t got Getabird covered in any race I’m at a loss as to the best course of action from here. The one thing to do is wait I guess - assuming nothing impresses in the Deloitte and this is the race he’s being aimed at I still assume 3/1 will be available a couple of weeks before, could see him being 2/1 on the day though. Whether I then take him on considering I have every other horse at the head of the market guaranteed to return a profit, or have a big cover bet thus eating into that potential profit and minimising losses I’m not sure. Something to ponder, the Supreme has not been good to me this time around
                        Ridiculous decision not getting involved at 16s nrnb! As was highlighted by many on here. Sidetracked by the short term

Comment

Does anyone know if the paddy power nrnb is money back if in a different race or money back only if misses Festival?
                          Money back if in a different race.

Comment

As someone who hasn’t got Getabird covered in any race I’m at a loss as to the best course of action from here. The one thing to do is wait I guess - assuming nothing impresses in the Deloitte and this is the race he’s being aimed at I still assume 3/1 will be available a couple of weeks before, could see him being 2/1 on the day though. Whether I then take him on considering I have every other horse at the head of the market guaranteed to return a profit, or have a big cover bet thus eating into that potential profit and minimising losses I’m not sure. Something to ponder, the Supreme has not been good to me this time around
                            I’m in the same position Robbante, and think I’ll wait for the day and hope Sky do the usual free bet if your horse loses the first promo.
                            Put the max on him then.

FM - hope you’re correct about Sharjah, as I have him @ 94 for the Ballymore and had just about given up on that as the target.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                              Money back if in a different race.
                              Cheers. Assume he’ll end up going straight to the festival so he’s not going to get any bigger than the price he is now...

Comment

• Originally posted by Brital View Post
                                I’m in the same position Robbante, and think I’ll wait for the day and hope Sky do the usual free bet if your horse loses the first promo.
                                Put the max on him then.

FM - hope you’re correct about Sharjah, as I have him @ 94 for the Ballymore and had just about given up on that as the target.
                                Good thinking. Wonder if they’ll gauge Sharjah up in trip (and likely against Samcro) in the 2m 6 Dublin Festival race

Comment

Working...
                                X