Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Handicap Shortlist - Cheltenham 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handicap Shortlist - Cheltenham 2020

I know it's early, but time to start the handicap shortlist thread (don't want to clog up the ante post bets thread)

Column of Fire
    , 3rd today behind Longhouse Poet and Elixir D'Ainay (in what looks like it'll be a good race)

Last year Dallas Des Pictons was beaten 16L in the same race who went off smashed up for the Martin Pipe.

Lazy connection perhaps but was a decent bumper horse too.

don't you mean collume of fire.
    and what was the El Dite pronunciation all about.

Comment

Never too early Kev!

Glenloe wins all!

Comment

add tower bridge to that

Comment

West Approach - Ultima.

I don't want to see him over fences until the second Tuesday in March.

Comment

Barra in whatever she’s aimed at.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              I know it's early, but time to start the handicap shortlist thread (don't want to clog up the ante post bets thread)

Column of Fire
              , 3rd today behind Longhouse Poet and Elixir D'Ainay (in what looks like it'll be a good race)

Last year Dallas Des Pictons was beaten 16L in the same race who went off smashed up for the Martin Pipe.

Lazy connection perhaps but was a decent bumper horse too.
              Great shout Kev, Elliott has history of using same races for his handicappers. Also agree re Tower Bridge.

Comment

Not That Fuise.
                A virtual non trier at Cheltenham in October, Skelton rapidly becoming the king of the cheats, this one could easily appear in the Grand Annual off about 10:10 and is a horse that could/should be competing for the big novice chase prizes.
                No doubt in my mind this one is being prepped for a plot, just unsure whether the day they want it to win is pre March or not....

Comment

Love this thread Kev, never too early! I made a note on the AP thread a few days ago re Pym. Nice chase debut, jumped well and looked like he needed further/stiffer test. In the right sort of handicap range for (admittedly fiendish) Close Bros which NJH likes to aim one or two at. One I’ll be keeping an eye on.

Comment

Dallas Des Pictons

When an Elliott banker is downed at Cheltenham either by injury or they are beaten, they tend to be plotted to come back.

He was put in a strong race 2nd time up. I could see him being the type for either the novices handicap or maybe the Festival Plate that they’ve targeted talented novices at in the past with The Storyteller being the prime example.

He’ll be an interesting one to watch.

Comment

Beakstown

Someone had to say it!

As mentioned above, Skelton is a handicap king. The Owners like a dodgy one as well.

Festival Plate?

Comment

This is my favourite thread already

Agree regarding the comments about Skelton and Elliott too.

I thought about Not That Fuisse and the comparison to North Hill Harvey, although I think NHH had a slightly better start to his novice chasing campaign.

Dallas Des Pictons is definitely one for the notebook, hopefully goes under the radar and becomes one of the late gambles as people forget about him all year then as we get closer to the day remember he was backed as if defeat was out of the question in 2019!

Comment

I was the idiot that started this thread last year so I’m glad someone took that crown from me this season. I opened the thread with Talkischeap for the Ultima and Nube Negra for the County Hurdle.

Talkischeap frustratingly bypassed Cheltenham in favour of the Bet365 chase and Sandown and promptly bolted up by 10 lengths.

Nube Negra fell in his prep race but based on his subsequent results, did not prove well handicapped over hurdles at least.

Comment

I'll put an early in Humble hero for the county hurdle, Dan skelton won 3 out of last 4 county hurdles, superb story and mohaayed both took the greatwood route to winning it, Skelton stated quite early that Humble hero would be aimed at Greatwood too.

Comment

Originally posted by Birds Nest View Post
                              I'll put an early in Humble hero for the county hurdle, Dan skelton won 3 out of last 4 county hurdles, superb story and mohaayed both took the greatwood route to winning it, Skelton stated quite early that Humble hero would be aimed at Greatwood too.
                              A lot of boxes ticked in terms of previous routes.

Comment

Working...
                              X