Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Champion Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It'll be the same situation as Vautour ? They said he wasn't working well... then he put in a brilliant display...

If they weild out the same excuse, it'll be disgusting... just a feint lie to split up horses in the same ownership!
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 28 December 2016, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Petit Mouchoir put in a big performance there. I don't think Nichols Canyon ran to form when you consider how close Ivanovich Gorbatov was to him today. I'd definately take PM over Yanworth for the Champion Hurdle but their now at a price where I wouldn't want to back either as I still only see it as an each way bet.

Listening to connections it sounds like Faugheen is likely to go for the Irish Champion Hurdle if he can get through the month without another setback. To me they sound as positive on the horse lining up as they have been all season, not that that takes much! I agree if he does line up in the race there's no chance Faugheen goes anywhere other than the Champion Hurdle. I do think they intended to run Faugheen over 2m4 this season which would have allowed them to step him up to 3 miles come March if needed but there won't be enough time between the Irish Champion Hurdle and Cheltenham to test this will there? Or a suitable race to do so? I know Inglis Drever did it that year but he was running over middle distances the whole season prior.

So I am sadly resigning myself to Annie Power not defending her crown. You're right Ista - you're either ready for Cheltenham or you're not. If Annie was to be fit come March there's no excuse. She just about squeezed a prep in last year and still won the race and this years CH looks just as weak. If it was a red hot renewal with a lot of depth I could kind of understand but not at this years.

Comment

• I took a punt on Petit Mouchoir at 33s a couple of weeks after falling in the race irving won. Cooper was being so bullish about the chances and was convinced he would have won and I thought there is no other race for this horse at the festival (chasing seems to be certainly on hold!) .... so that has worked out nicely today.

I've also got Yanworth at 14s and Nichols Canyon at 25s, and Apples Jade at 16s - Mixed bag but I can't be disappointed.

How about this theory.....

They tried SO hard to keep her in training, she must have one last hurrah... she CANNOT go out and retire with a win in the Mares hurdle. She absolutely can't. It won't happen.... I am not having it. I think she will run in the CH.... Faugheen will return in the Irish CH and "not look to have the pace he used to" as Ruby makes it look like hard work but gets the job done...they'll say he needs a step up in trip.... Annie with 1 prep run wins the CH and Faugheen makes a mockery of all the UK horses in the World Hurdle... and we all feel a bit dead inside because we know that Faugheen would have won the CH backwards.

Comment

• I have had petit on side ever since his fall as I noted earlier on this thread. No excuses from Mullins camp regards canyon defeat... I think PM won fair and square and is a player.. I also think apples jade will go world hurdle after Elliott team said missy tata was going to the mares with a real chance

Comment

• I'd be happy to see AJ in the World Hurdle but I wouldn't think AJ ams Missy Tata will have any affect on each other. Both horses have retained jockeys?

Comment

• Just maybe wonder if Elliott think MT good enough to win the mares giggi may be tempted to go the stayers.. Does Elliott and giggi have any major players in the world hurdle in your opinion Kev?

Comment

• Originally posted by cwright23 View Post
                Just maybe wonder if Elliott think MT good enough to win the mares giggi may be tempted to go the stayers.. Does Elliott and giggi have any major players in the world hurdle in your opinion Kev?
                No they don't... I made a case for Apples Jade to be there WH horse quite early on this season, looking back at their entries and previous juveniles (Tiger Roll) etc.... and backed her accordingly... so from a personal point of view, I would like to see AJ turn up in the World Hurdle... I just heard Gordon say the Mares IS the target and I haven't seen anything else to the contrary yet?

Comment

• Superb Story going for this race now. I was on at Musselburgh but didn't strike me as a good bet in the CH the way he had to battle. Got a good ride and doesn't look up to it. Has got all important festival form though I suppose!

Comment

• Anyone else think Buveur d'air is a good price for this now after his owners comments about his performance over fences?

Comment

• Originally posted by SH1591 View Post
                      Anyone else think Buveur d'air is a good price for this now after his owners comments about his performance over fences?
                      Question marks over many of those at the head of the betting especially those that haven't been out yet.
                      Wasn't quite up to the standards Altior set last year but he's heading for the Arkle so this one comes into the reckoning and confidence would grow if the Mullins pair have any further setbacks...

Comment

• To be honest I wouldn't fancy Buveur D'air for the CH. I think 33/1 is an alright each way poke if he did turn up, because he does have form closely tied in with Petit Mouchoir, but over 2m at Cheltenham he was not close to winning the Supreme and having been chasing, wouldn't strike me as an ideal prep.

I would probably imagine that the number one for JP MCManus would still be Yanworth and BG would pick that too, so although I think 33 isn't a bad bet, I wouldn't be in any rush to take it myself.

Comment

• Annoe Power trading at around 5/1 on Betfair despite being 5/2 and 3/1 with the high st, suggests those rumours about her wellbeing are true, or, that her target has been downgraded to the Mares....

Comment

• Might be worth following updates from Petit Mouchoire as there's a big order up for someone to back....

Comment

• We need NRNB - late this year

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                                Annoe Power trading at around 5/1 on Betfair despite being 5/2 and 3/1 with the high st, suggests those rumours about her wellbeing are true, or, that her target has been downgraded to the Mares....
                                AP favourite for the mares on PP now hoping she will go there

Comment

Working...
                                X