Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Archie, what do you think about 2 miles for colreevy ? I think she could well be the best of the bunch over hurdles, but not certain on trip.
    Well, she was favourite over Relegate for the mares bumper at the Dublin Festival so she obviously works well and she's only 5. Her pedigree doesn't exactly scream 2 miles but we always hoped that Eileen O would turn out to be Willie's best bumper mare so I probably mentally downgraded all his others.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
      Pakora is declared tomorrow but we're unlikely to learn much as the opposition is very moderate.
      Been waiting for the odds to come out for a few days, disappointed to see 1/4

Comment

Pakora - Very keen and a few mistakes... could be too early to say but I can’t see this being the Mullins number 1

Comment

Originally posted by thistlecracker View Post
          Pakora - Very keen and a few mistakes... could be too early to say but I can’t see this being the Mullins number 1
          She came back lame.

That aside, I can’t see her being number one either.

Comment

Have had a quick recap over Daphne Du Clos in the bet365 archive. I'd forgotten how impressive her last run at Newbury was she travelled all over Western Ryder with her head in her chest only being pushed out 2f out to win as she liked. The runner up went on to finish a close up 5th in the Champion bumper (3 lengths off Fayonagh) next time out and later finished 3rd in the red hot Aintree bumper Lalor won that ITCF's was 4th in!

Even the form of her racecourse debut where she finished neck & neck 2nd to Mares Novice runner up Cap Soliel (on ground that the winner has been proven to relish) is very solid. DDC has had another summer to mature and will surely be a stronger mare for that.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
              Have had a quick recap over Daphne Du Clos in the bet365 archive. I'd forgotten how impressive her last run at Newbury was she travelled all over Western Ryder with her head in her chest only being pushed out 2f out to win as she liked. The runner up went on to finish a close up 5th in the Champion bumper (3 lengths off Fayonagh) next time out and later finished 3rd in the red hot Aintree bumper Lalor won that ITCF's was 4th in!

Even the form of her racecourse debut where she finished neck & neck 2nd to Mares Novice runner up Cap Soliel (on ground that the winner has been proven to relish) is very solid. DDC has had another summer to mature and will surely be a stronger mare for that.
              Agree, and that is why she is one of the 3 I am most keen on currently.

As I previously said about the early Mullins runners, in this case, Pakora, I can't be having them no matter how good they look. I know she came back lame on this occasion but if anything over the years have taught me if that the early season Mullins runners tend not to be his top horses for the festival.

Comment

That's fine with established horses but not necessarily with novices.
                Last edited by archie; 31 August 2018, 08:24 AM.

Comment

As been already said i would doubt this is a race we should be getting involved in- however, ComplyOrDie, in recent times, Mullins has had some festival winners who have appeared earlier than the "norm" so it's very hard to second guess him!

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                    As been already said i would doubt this is a race we should be getting involved in- however, ComplyOrDie, in recent times, Mullins has had some festival winners who have appeared earlier than the "norm" so it's very hard to second guess him!
                    It's hard to second guess any trainer at this current moment, given the season hasn't started, but here we all are anyway haha!

I do get the point you and Archie have made and take it on board, but I still feel the majority of his stronger contenders emerge later in the season, i'm not sure on the exact stats but I am convinced they would back that claim up too.

I'm not really sure why I am so keen to try to get an angle on this race already, but in the limited time this race has been run you could say Salsaretta looks to be going down the Let's Dance route as some others have mentioned during this years festival, WH have gone 33's on her, which for me is ridiculously high.

I will hold my hands up IF Pakora turns out to be the one, but I think she is just the market maker currently.

Comment

What date did the National Hunt 18/19 season start in Ireland this year?

Comment

Punchestown wraps up the season, so after that is the new season.

However, there's a date i believe in Feb when a novice can win between then and the end of that season + still run in novices up until November (can't remember exact dates)

Basically Salsaretta is a novice still i believe.

Comment

I'm not sure about hurdlers but this year, horses that didn't win a chase before 1st Feb are allowed to run in novice chases before the first Monday in December. I think that this schedule is built around the Drinmore.

Comment

Archie have you been or heard anything of LAMARCKISE, by any chance shes been bought from the right race, and was very much ridden with her novice status in mind. But id be keen on her, However she could be even one for the year after,

Guanabara is set to lose her novice status at the end of this season, so id have thought she'd be out for mullins this season, not the usual type as was running on the flat before.

And still haven't seen holiday winner for sullivan she's had plenty of time to acclimatise.
                            Last edited by Scooby91; 14 September 2018, 12:00 PM.
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Scooby, how does it work with Guanabara winning in France, is she illegible for Novice status over here for the festival?

She interests me, and interestingly has part of the same bloodline as Salsaretta, the latter being by Kingsalsa & Guanabara having Kingsalsa as her Dam's Sire.

Through purchases I would say Salsaretta has shown a fair bit, as, as far as I am aware she was the first they purchased in relation to Kingsalsa or Kendoretta (her dam), yet they then spent fair amounts securing half brother, Breaken, and now Guanabara, it must be a breeding line they like the look of, and all I have to base it on is the central point, being Salsaretta.

On the other hand, I could be reading way to much into it, but it is an angle I like to explore.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                                Scooby, how does it work with Guanabara winning in France, is she illegible for Novice status over here for the festival?

She interests me, and interestingly has part of the same bloodline as Salsaretta, the latter being by Kingsalsa & Guanabara having Kingsalsa as her Dam's Sire.

Through purchases I would say Salsaretta has shown a fair bit, as, as far as I am aware she was the first they purchased in relation to Kingsalsa or Kendoretta (her dam), yet they then spent fair amounts securing half brother, Breaken, and now Guanabara, it must be a breeding line they like the look of, and all I have to base it on is the central point, being Salsaretta.

On the other hand, I could be reading way to much into it, but it is an angle I like to explore.
                                Yes she's eligible (douvan won also before he came here), alot of yards when they have a nice one at home seem to go straight back in to the market, ie douvan, min, senewalk the last being a complete punt on breeding

Min was another Boulard find having run third and a fourth at Auteuil, though neither effort screamed future star. The sire, Walk In The Park, was also a crucial factor in purchasing the horse, having already yielded the stunning Douvan. “Harold really believed in Walk In The Park when we bought Douvan and said go for it,” said Boulard. “I liked Min physically and the performances were good enough because Auteuil is the biggest test of stamina in France. It was important I liked him physically and then I add in the pedigree and his race. It was the three together.”

And even quevega
                                Boulard, “I knew Quevega was for sale and I mentioned it to Willie,” said the Frenchman. “He was very interested because he'd had her brother Monvega in Ireland and thought he was a very good horse but he had training problems. So we made a deal and that's how it started.”
                                Last edited by Scooby91; 14 September 2018, 01:19 PM.
                                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Working...
                                X