Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tenty View Post
    Really impressed with Presenting Percy yesterday. His jumping was immaculate yesterday. There can’t be many horses with only two previous chase runs look so much at home in a handicap chase of that nature.

Winning owner Philip Reynolds said, "He was very good, a lot better than he was the last day. The ground is a bit looser today, so he jumped out of it a lot better. We couldn't believe he got a mark of 145, so we decided we'd better make use of it.
    "I was a bit worried after the last day, as he wasn't anything like he was at Galway, but after today he's certainly out of handicap company now and he'll have to step up. We'd have to be looking in that (RSA Chase) direction."

Trainer seems to be suggesting RSA. Looks a strong contender to me.

Comment

• Presenting Percy restored my faith in him yesterday massively , he has been my RSA horse for months and thought that had gone west after last run.And when i look at betting Death Duty looks like JLT bound , Yanworth dont jump well enough I feel Monalee the only one i am now worried about.

Comment

• Percy has failed 3 times in graded races.

Comment

• Is there any news on Sutton Place? I notice he's big prices on the exchanges for this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            Is there any news on Sutton Place? I notice he's big prices on the exchanges for this.
            Unrelated.... but Topofthegame too?? Any news?

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
              Percy has failed 3 times in graded races.
              Genuine excuses for any of them you think?

Davy said the ground for the last one.... could have been 'over the top' after Cheltenham?

Comment

• I was hoping Topofthegame would be out again before Christmas but that is starting to look unlikely.

Comment

• It was actually a paraphrased quote from the trainer, Kev. I think he's as confused as everyone else.

My view, he's not good enough to win a standard RSA but very much up to the NH Chase if they get him right on the day. Credit to them for not fiddling with him for the Irish National.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                    It was actually a paraphrased quote from the trainer, Kev. I think he's as confused as everyone else.

My view, he's not good enough to win a standard RSA but very much up to the NH Chase if they get him right on the day. Credit to them for not fiddling with him for the Irish National.
                    that is where I'd send him as well... would certainly look the most likely race they could win too knowing 3m5f isn't a problem.... another 3f didn't look like it'd be a problem in that company.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      Unrelated.... but Topofthegame too?? Any news?
                      He's one of only two I have an interest in for this race. The latest I could find was a comment saying he would be given plenty of schooling before running again. I know he fell in that race but he was jumping good and travelling powerfully up until that point. I really think he could make up into a Gold Cup contender next year.

Comment

• Anyone got any idea when Jerrysback is out?

Comment

• Just snaffled some 33/1 Invitation Only. Thought that was an excellent performance and he looks a thorough stayer. Imagine the 4 miler will be an option but think he's classy enough for this race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                            Just snaffled some 33/1 Invitation Only. Thought that was an excellent performance and he looks a thorough stayer. Imagine the 4 miler will be an option but think he's classy enough for this race.
                            Not worried that its PP/BF offering it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Not worried that its PP/BF offering it?
                              I thought I had just got in too quickly for them Kev! But having seen them shorten him for the JLT, but leave him at 33's for the race.... yes i am now!

Couldn't fancy him for the JLT myself TBH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                                I thought I had just got in too quickly for them Kev! But having seen them shorten him for the JLT, but leave him at 33's for the race.... yes i am now!

Couldn't fancy him for the JLT myself TBH.
                                No I couldn't see him reversing hurdles form with DD really.... I think 33/1 is a fair price, I saw it like you did....

Comment

Working...
                                X