Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've taken 10/1 about Politilogue.

He's a bigger price after beating Fox Norton, than Fox Norton was going in to the Tingle Creek.

I've under-estimated Nicholls rubbish 2 milers before when Dodging Bullets won and I like Poli much more than that horse. Can't knock his profile, people we're waxing lyrical about Fox Norton so having beaten him fair and square the fact he's double figures is just under-estimating him.

I 100% don't think Politilogue could beat Altior, Douvan OR Min - but Altior might be having his first run of the season, Douvan and Min are coming back from injury....

Fox Norton is still shorter in the betting...... The WORST PRICE OF THE ENTIRE FESTIVAL 2nd year in a row? haha

Comment

• Min is back from injury to be fair Kev, last day showed it.
      I personally wouldn't be backing a horse who you 100% think wouldn't beat 3 other horses of which 2out of three will certainly run unless they suffer a setback (which could happen any horse antepost).

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
        Min is back from injury to be fair Kev, last day showed it.
        I personally wouldn't be backing a horse who you 100% think wouldn't beat 3 other horses of which 2out of three will certainly run unless they suffer a setback (which could happen any horse antepost).
        Not a fan of politologue at that price and deffinately wouldnt be for me tbh. But atleast the targets assured you know fox norton will be going Ryanair/ gold cup so that's another place available. Cant see anyway in wich politologue wins especially on spring ground assuming altior and Douvan make it there. However they still have to make it there in good condition and jump round.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          I've taken 10/1 about Politilogue.

He's a bigger price after beating Fox Norton, than Fox Norton was going in to the Tingle Creek.

I've under-estimated Nicholls rubbish 2 milers before when Dodging Bullets won and I like Poli much more than that horse. Can't knock his profile, people we're waxing lyrical about Fox Norton so having beaten him fair and square the fact he's double figures is just under-estimating him.

I 100% don't think Politilogue could beat Altior, Douvan OR Min - but Altior might be having his first run of the season, Douvan and Min are coming back from injury....

Fox Norton is still shorter in the betting...... The WORST PRICE OF THE ENTIRE FESTIVAL 2nd year in a row? haha
          Hes a very good price for the Ryanair at 6s and gold cup 50s. Imo.
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            Hes a very good price for the Ryanair at 6s and gold cup 50s. Imo.
            Then you agree. His price for this race is appalling

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
              Min is back from injury to be fair Kev, last day showed it.
              Yeah Min is, lazy post on my part.

I will back him now as I think he'll be shorter on the day.

He'll be third fav at worst ... only 1 Mullins horse and Altior will run... if they both make it ... and i've got those great returns already.

Comment

Yeah Min is, lazy post on my part.

I will back him now as I think he'll be shorter on the day.

He'll be third fav at worst ... only 1 Mullins horse and Altior will run... if they both make it ... and i've got those great returns already.
                Min will be in the Ryanair won't he?

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                  Min will be in the Ryanair won't he?
                  You'd expect Douvan or Min here, the other re-routed... so I think politilogue is going to be 3rd fav SP. If Altior is on his seasonal debut its not unreasonable to be against him.

Min and Douvan are better than Politilogue obviously ... but the year Dodging bullets won the race I'd have (and did) dismiss him.

It's not like anyone is being bold saying Politilogue isn't good enough ... doesn't take a greasy mind to work that out .... but I think 10/1 is bigger than he'll be on the day.

Not asking anyone else to back it

Comment

• Last season I had Special Tiara covered 1pt ew at 25/1.

I know people don't seem to be mad keen on my approach but I can't imagine many people got out ahead when Douvan failed last season and for the sake of 2pts now.... can anyone say Altior and Douvan have NO question marks?

Unappreciated in my own time haha

Comment

You'd expect Douvan or Min here, the other re-routed... so I think politilogue is going to be 3rd fav SP. If Altior is on his seasonal debut its not unreasonable to be against him.

Min and Douvan are better than Politilogue obviously ... but the year Dodging bullets won the race I'd have (and did) dismiss him.

It's not like anyone is being bold saying Politilogue isn't good enough ... doesn't take a greasy mind to work that out .... but I think 10/1 is bigger than he'll be on the day.

Not asking anyone else to back it
                      Sorry think I misunderstood your previous post. When you said I will back him now, I thought you meant Min.

Comment

• As has been pointed out in another place that I inhabit, last season's JLT is looking better and better.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                          As has been pointed out in another place that I inhabit, last season's JLT is looking better and better.
                          Very true, disappointed we won't get to see Disko in the John Durkan just to really confirm its strength.

Comment

• Not impossible that it could produce the winner in the Champion Chase, Ryanair and Gold Cup.

Comment

• Not impossible, but improbable. Politologue CC, Top Notch Ryanair, Yorkhill GC all to place could be a nice bet however.

Comment

• Not to mention Disko.

Comment

Working...
                                X