Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
    Be interesting to see the reason why.
    Setback or travel weather conditions perhaps?
    Willie has come out and said that he wasn't entirely happy with Douvans work, but the fact neither UDS or Douvan have travelled I'd go with weather conditions myself regardless of what he has said, and to be perfectly honest I couldn't blame them one bit!

It may make for a poor line up, but I'd rather have the animals well being as my number one priority than giving 'racing fans' what they want!

Comment

• Douvan's trainer Willie Mullins said on Thursday: "Douvan worked very well at the Curragh on Tuesday. He cantered yesterday. He did another little bit early this morning and I wasn't entirely happy with him.

"Maybe he hadn't fully recovered from what he did on Tuesday and I decided not to declare him for Sandown. No decision has been made regarding when he will have his first run of the season."
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Lets also remember, WPM is under no obligation to run them in any race should they not want to. It's massively frustrating for genuine racing fans but I can't have sympathy for punters in this case, firstly because this exact same thing happened last season, so lessons needed to be learnt and also there has been no confirmation that this was a confirmed target, they always said he had 3 options, so I certainly wouldn't have been backing him for the Tingle Creek!

Comment

• Don't care at all about punters either COD. People know the risks ... its massively disappointing as a race... and they're race horses .. so RUN THEM. Too concerned about getting beat ... not anything to do with the well-being!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Don't care at all about punters either COD. People know the risks ... its massively disappointing as a race... and they're race horses .. so RUN THEM. Too concerned about getting beat ... not anything to do with the well-being!
            100% agree. They need to take a leaf out of Colin Tizzards book. He isn't worried about a horse suffering a loss. It's so frustrating.

Comment

Don't care at all about punters either COD. People know the risks ... its massively disappointing as a race... and they're race horses .. so RUN THEM. Too concerned about getting beat ... not anything to do with the well-being!
              To be honest Kev I thought Douvan losing his unbeaten record last year was going to be the best thing that could have happened for us racing fans. It looked like they might finally take off the bubble wrap and let him take his chance in some of the big early season contests, evidently isn't the case..

Comment

• Originally posted by Montjeu View Post
                To be honest Kev I thought Douvan losing his unbeaten record last year was going to be the best thing that could have happened for us racing fans. It looked like they might finally take off the bubble wrap and let him take his chance in some of the big early season contests, evidently isn't the case..
                I wonder if Gordon Elliott winning 3 grade 1s has had anything to do with it.... maybe we are even less likely than we were last season to see his stars over here before Cheltenham?

Comment

Totally agree. Poor show Mullins.

Comment

• Can't really understand the negativity towards Mullins myself. Think he's done absolutely the right thing.

If he isnt happy with the horse, he isn't happy, and you can't travel all the way to England for a Grade 1 against Fox Norton unless you are totally happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                      Can't really understand the negativity towards Mullins myself. Think he's done absolutely the right thing.

If he isnt happy with the horse, he isn't happy, and you can't travel all the way to England for a Grade 1 against Fox Norton unless you are totally happy.
                      Absolutely. If they came over, ran poorly and then explained about this morning's work, they would have been pilloried and probably quite rightly. Given that it costs about £1000 for transport over, it's a no brainer really.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                        Lets also remember, WPM is under no obligation to run them in any race should they not want to. It's massively frustrating for genuine racing fans but I can't have sympathy for punters in this case, firstly because this exact same thing happened last season, so lessons needed to be learnt and also there has been no confirmation that this was a confirmed target, they always said he had 3 options, so I certainly wouldn't have been backing him for the Tingle Creek!
                        I've been stood at Sandown with VVM being paraded 10 mins before the off and he pulled her out, something that was unforgivable given the implications on betting markets and the media hype that day around Mullins v Nichols and the promise of the best NH horses battling it out (hence the subsequent sell out).
                        No doubt there'll be a barrage of who pays the bills responses but the industry is closely affiliated to gambling and honesty/intentions carry greater impact, at least we know 48 hours out this time.....

Comment

• ***Mullins Bingo Alert***

With doubts around Douvan's wellbeing, and Min potentially being stepped up to the Ryanair, could Yorkhill end up here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                            Can't really understand the negativity towards Mullins myself. Think he's done absolutely the right thing.

The problem is when the exchange tells you the running plans. And he's getting layed at all prices with no notification of anything other than he's an intended runner.
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                              The problem is when the exchange tells you the running plans. And he's getting layed at all prices with no notification of anything other than he's an intended runner.
                              That’s hardly exclusive to Willie Mullins though. Par for the course with antepost punting imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                ***Mullins Bingo Alert***

With doubts around Douvan's wellbeing, and Min potentially being stepped up to the Ryanair, could Yorkhill end up here?
                                NO

The Arkle vs JLT winners clashing over 2m would be a sight!

but no....

Comment

Working...
                                X