Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup - 2019.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflecting on Friday's Savills Chase success with Kemboy, who is now no better than 8-1 to win the Magners Cheltenham Gold Cup off the back of that impressive display, Massey said: “He was tremendous. I know the ground was good but the time was very good also.

"He had plenty left in the tank and the big thing about it, which people keep forgetting, is that he won it as a six-year-old. He was the youngest horse in the Savills Chase and he's improving.”

Massey added: “To have a horse good enough to go for the Gold Cup is just fantastic, but to have one towards the top of the betting is amazing. Willie's talking about going straight to Cheltenham and the dream is alive.

“He is owned by a group of enthusiasts who can't afford horses on their own and who have pulled together as a group. It is ten weeks until Cheltenham and the lads are going to really enjoy it. Win, lose or draw, it's going to be a fantastic experience."

Comment

• 365 have refunded my NRNB stake on Disko.

Right thing for them to do, was expecting that to be a March refund

Comment

• Latest Irish chase ORs:

169 Road To Respect
        169 Sizing John

168 Bellshill
        168 Un De Sceaux

167 Anibale Fly
        167 Douvan
        167 Kemboy
        167 Min
        167 Presenting Percy

165 Footpad

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
          Latest Irish chase ORs:

169 Road To Respect
          169 Sizing John

168 Bellshill
          168 Un De Sceaux

167 Anibale Fly
          167 Douvan
          167 Kemboy
          167 Min
          167 Presenting Percy

165 Footpad
          conservative view that from the handicapper, but probably sensible.
          Unlike the UK handicapper when BDM won the Betfair chase last year.

Comment

• Looks like they've rated it through Monalee (up to 161) and made allowances for RTR's slip and others' seasonal debuts. 167 is probably fair enough.

I think the UK figures are out tomorrow.

Comment

• Anibale Fly is the most ridiculous figure I've seen.

It is a bit pointless, how they can say Anibale Fly and Un De Sceaux are within 1 lb is just mind boggling

Comment

• I think that Anibale Fly has been a victim of the Gold Cup being overrated. If Native River became 176 and Might Bite 172, Anibale Fly at 167 is a fair consequence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Anibale Fly is the most ridiculous figure I've seen.

It is a bit pointless, how they can say Anibale Fly and Un De Sceaux are within 1 lb is just mind boggling
                  yep - 2 plugging on places in the gold cup and national and he's 167, not great handicapping that

Comment

• I think there is a bias towards 3m horses over short distances aswell

Comment

• Really interested to see what SB snip PP to later today when they go NRNB, he is already a ridiculous price as it is (4/1) without a run since March.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                        Really interested to see what SB snip PP to later today when they go NRNB, he is already a ridiculous price as it is (4/1) without a run since March.
                        I don't see why he's not running tomorrow. Maybe there's a reason
                        If your original plan was the John durkan and pulled due to the ground. What's wrong with tomorrow's race.
                        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                          I don't see why he's not running tomorrow. Maybe there's a reason
                          If your original plan was the John durkan and pulled due to the ground. What's wrong with tomorrow's race.
                          Agree Scoob, I mean he has won on good ground before (the Pertemps) so I do not see the issue with another pull out. They are running out of time.

Comment

• Will probably start with the Galmoy Hurdle.

Comment

• Al Boum Photo impressive. Managed to sneak a bit more on at 33/1.

Comment

• Probably chatting about him in the wrong thread - Al Boum Photo looked good and wasn't stopping.

14/1 NRNB with 365 now which is quite a cut from 33s

Comment

Working...
                                X