Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

May Forum Yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about McFabulous for the Supreme

The Aintree bumper has a good history of producing Novice hurdlers and I know the owners are very keen on him

Comment

If you’re picking 3 Mullins horses you might as well add a fourth, some options -
      Min - Ryanair
      Kemboy - gold cup
      Draconien- arkle
      Carefully selected - nh chase
      Chante neige - mares novice

Comment

I do like the idea of a Mullins Yankee as the first three horses have gone that way.

I’d suggest Kemboy or Draconian

Comment

How about Jon Snow for the Supreme?

Comment

Draconien in the Arkle gets my vote if we are going with a Mullins Yankee.

Comment

I'd prefer verification from my hunter chase expert but I'd say that Caryto Des Brosses at 8/1 for the Foxhunters represents a young horse who has a single target.

Comment

4miler: Carefully Selected (Has everything you want in his locker for the race age, stamina, course form & will improve for fences)
                Arkle: Thomas Darby (Supreme form franked on both sides of the Irish Sea & looks to have plenty of scope for fences)

Comment

I like your Optimism for Thomas Darby Sean, Got him in one of my Multi's . Might consider a single as well.??.

Comment

Melon goes chasing per Mullins

JLT?

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                      4miler: Carefully Selected (Has everything you want in his locker for the race age, stamina, course form & will improve for fences)
                      Arkle: Thomas Darby (Supreme form franked on both sides of the Irish Sea & looks to have plenty of scope for fences)
                      Considering the ground was against him in the Supreme and he made a mistake at the top of the hill, he did extremely well to finish second. I'd also have Thomas Darby at the top of my shortlist for the Arkle. At 25/1 he's a great bet imo.

Comment

At the 2/3 part of the month, we’re suprisingly ahead of the game this month with three already chosen.

I do like idea of this being a Mullins yankee. Similarly to last year when we had a couple of different ones like an each way yankee, a previous years winners yankee and a Dublin Festival winners yankee.

With Benie, Klassical Dream and Chacun Pour Soi already chosen, we’ve one space left. I’m thinking Kemboy atm. Can anybody give a stronger selection than him for the fourth spot? I’m open minded for the last spot but he has an obvious target, has been very consistent and ran two very good races at the end of the season. On the other hand, the Gold Cup looks to be the best antepost field it’s been in years and he’s yet to prove himself at Cheltenham. What do we think?

FWIW, Thomas Darby will be in the first post I put for the June yankee as I too think he’s a good shout at 25s for the Arkle. But with the price not going to change, we can put him in next month if people agree. This month we may as well stick with Mullins with the first three already being his anyway.

Comment

The Only one i can think of at the moment is Al Boum Photo , But i know , Not everyone likes the idea,
                          of a Gold cup winner following up the next year.

Comment

Think Kemboy wants a flat track and at Cheltenham ABP would beat him.... no point having ones in the yankee which are so open and no value

Comment

Originally posted by The Don View Post
                              Think Kemboy wants a flat track
                              Never been to Punchestown then?

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                                At the 2/3 part of the month, we’re suprisingly ahead of the game this month with three already chosen.

I do like idea of this being a Mullins yankee. Similarly to last year when we had a couple of different ones like an each way yankee, a previous years winners yankee and a Dublin Festival winners yankee.

With Benie, Klassical Dream and Chacun Pour Soi already chosen, we’ve one space left. I’m thinking Kemboy atm. Can anybody give a stronger selection than him for the fourth spot? I’m open minded for the last spot but he has an obvious target, has been very consistent and ran two very good races at the end of the season. On the other hand, the Gold Cup looks to be the best antepost field it’s been in years and he’s yet to prove himself at Cheltenham. What do we think?

FWIW, Thomas Darby will be in the first post I put for the June yankee as I too think he’s a good shout at 25s for the Arkle. But with the price not going to change, we can put him in next month if people agree. This month we may as well stick with Mullins with the first three already being his anyway.
                                As discussed on the antepost thread I'd personally look to revise your decision on BDD after what she did at the weekend over 3m and with her price significantly cut

Comment

Working...
                                X