Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Fox Hunters Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning Ambition is by Scorpion.

That would put me off....like it did Might Bite last year

In fairness, he did look a nice Hunter Chaser last time, but past winners of that maiden haven't done so well at Cheltenham.

Reference owner... JP Magnier, so i would presume so.
    Last edited by Innoko; 23 January 2018, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
      Don't know who Mr R James is, but he hasn't built a bad rapport with the horse, so if he was on board I wouldn't view this as a negative either.

I noted, listed as an owner is 'Magnier' this wouldn't be the same 'Magnier' who owns/part owns the Coolmore Stud and a host of world class flat horses would it?
      I’m not sure tbh. Suppose it’s possinke.

As for the jockey, I guess you are correct in that at least he’d have a decent relationship with the horse. That’s a positive. .

Comment

[QUOTE=Scooby91;52756][QUOTE=paz247;52754]

Burning ambition is qualified but like Archie said that dosen mean he will get straight in as it goes by ratings and hes rqn in lowly contests thus far. But also correct on wildcard.

Gilgamboa is not qualified because he's placed in a graded race fairly recently. Same position as fox rock was in last year

Thanks Scooby, let’s hope he gets the wildcard

Comment

Hopefully he'll get an entry for Leopardstown and get the chance to lift his rating.

My tame expert reckons that there's no outstanding candidate yet so the February points and hunter chases will bear close scrutiny.

Comment

[QUOTE=paz247;52831][QUOTE=Scooby91;52756]
            Originally posted by paz247 View Post

Burning ambition is qualified but like Archie said that dosen mean he will get straight in as it goes by ratings and hes rqn in lowly contests thus far. But also correct on wildcard.

Gilgamboa is not qualified because he's placed in a graded race fairly recently. Same position as fox rock was in last year

Thanks Scooby, let’s hope he gets the wildcard
            Pretty sure hes running again im a more competative race i saw it somewhere
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

8/1 seems far to short for me to be getting involved in a race like this. Especially as he hasn't qualified yet. Good luck.

Comment

Found it

The Wexford native reported that his stable star could now be bound for the Cheltenham Festival following his latest success, with either a run in Thurles or Punchestown likely outings en route to the Foxhunters in March.

Last edited by Scooby91; 23 January 2018, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Looks like the Leopardstown race has been dumped. The Thurles race was last Sunday and Punchestown is 11 Feb. There is a 22f race at Fairyhouse on 24 Feb but that would be the last chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    Found it

The Wexford native reported that his stable star could now be bound for the Cheltenham Festival following his latest success, with either a run in Thurles or Punchestown likely outings en route to the Foxhunters in March.

For what horse is that? Burning Ambition?

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                      For what horse is that? Burning Ambition?
                      Yes.........

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                        Yes.........
                        Thought so.

Apologies - had a moment there

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                          8/1 seems far to short for me to be getting involved in a race like this. Especially as he hasn't qualified yet. Good luck.
                          8/1 is NRNB so you wouldn't need to worry about him not being qualified.... the way the season plays out they're never going to be in a rush to have them primed early.... Cheltenham is the first in a series of "big" races in that sphere ....

Comment

Virak caught my eye when looking at this. Anyone fancy him?

Comment

Surely the standard here can't be that good if people are all over a maiden hunter chase winner?

Comment

Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                                Surely the standard here can't be that good if people are all over a maiden hunter chase winner?
                                It’s a hunter chase. When has the standard ever been world class? The only brilliant hunter chaser in the last few years was On The Fringe and even he wouldn’t have placed in a gold cup.

Burning Ambition will be up against a bunch of horses on the downgrade. Meanwhile he has been destroying his fields this season without being asked and is clearly a decent standard. The fact he could be anything as well makes him a cracking bet for this in a market that will be open every year.

I’d have him clear favourite.

I expect he may even end up being my biggest single bet of the week come raceday. Though Apples Shakira could play a part in that. Samcro I won’t be adding to if he’s odds on as expected. Save him for multiples and what I already have on.

Comment

Working...
                                X