Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

National Hunt Chase (4 miler) 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Hunt Chase (4 miler) 2018

Not a race to get too involved in early but, for anyone interested and looking for value, you could do worse than take a look at the 'Winners of 1' chase at Galway tomorrow. Arbre De Vie is favourite and the most likely winner but, for the future, Call the Taxie is very exciting over a distance. He's built for chasing and actually had a good season hurdling last winter coming up against a good horse pretty much every time (including two Cheltenham winners). His beginners chase win at Navan was very impressive given it was only over 2 1/2 miles; beating A Sizing Network (won comfortably since) by nine lengths. He needs three miles plus and is likely to fall slightly short of RSA standard - a good horse to follow for the winter and is as honest as they come.

Thanks BoF.

This is a race getting better year on year!

I've said elsewhere that my fancy for this race at the moment is bacardys. I requested some odds and only got 20s which wasn't big enough to take the risk on ... But the fact patrick Mullins has won a G1 on him makes me think it'll be a consideration to keep that in tact, especially as the step up won't hinder him in his run style. I also think the fact the owners aren't as high profile might help this be the target?

Maybve I'm hoping more than anything but can anyone else see this?

Comment

I backed Fagan for this race this year .but he got injured i believe, so did'nt run. will Back him again though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Thanks BoF.

This is a race getting better year on year!

I've said elsewhere that my fancy for this race at the moment is bacardys. I requested some odds and only got 20s which wasn't big enough to take the risk on ... But the fact patrick Mullins has won a G1 on him makes me think it'll be a consideration to keep that in tact, especially as the step up won't hinder him in his run style. I also think the fact the owners aren't as high profile might help this be the target?

Pretty sure ruby would have somethi g to say about that. Ie black Hercules. I see bacardys as a top class 3 mile chase. But wouldn't be completely shocked if he went jlt
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

I'd have Constantine bay ad an early guess but no bet in this race. Reminds me of don poli
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Wouldn't take too much to see it. Ruby is the best jockey round Cheltenham but there is a small chance the horse gets on best with Patrick onboard too, particularly with his running style.

He's yet to be added inot the market but a horse I like for this early doors is Debece...

Tim Vaugheen stated at the end of last season that 3 mile chasing would be the plan so the RSA could come into play but I think he may want even more of a trip.

He is an incredibly consistent horse so far in his career, placing in every run. His 3rd at the Open meeting last year (over a 16.5F trip way too short) was more than respectable and shows he can handle the track and he was staying on well up the hill. Stepped up to 20F at Aintree in his next start he again finished 3rd. 7 of the 9 runners that day have gone onto win. He finally got his head in front when he bolted up at Newbury in March. His first go in graded company came in the Sefton Novices Hurdle at the Aintree meeting (a race which has had many pointers to the following years festival as has been said before) and again he filled 3rd place only 1/2 length behind the winner The World's End and ahead of the likes of Constantine Bay, Ballymalin and Keeper Hill.

He has shown a liking for all types of ground and being a half brother to Don Poli, he looks to have stamina in abundance and he looked a tad outpaced in most of his races last year, even over 3 miles at Aintree in April so 4 miles and over fences could be the making of him imo

Tim Vaughan on the horse:

It's no secret that I think the world of Debece. I think he's top class

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              I'd have Constantine bay ad an early guess but no bet in this race. Reminds me of don poli
              In what way? I have CB on the radar but price isn't tempting at the moment.

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              Pretty sure ruby would have somethi g to say about that. Ie black Hercules. I see bacardys as a top class 3 mile chase. But wouldn't be completely shocked if he went jlt
              I am sure he would but he's overlooked him on more than one occasion - and Mullins will have some improving beyond all recognition you'd think... it wouldn't take a HUGE leap for Rathvinden to be an RSA mount for Ruby ..... far too early to be playing the games, and I don't think Bacardys is a bet either at this stage... I just liked the idea

Originally posted by jono View Post
              Wouldn't take too much to see it. Ruby is the best jockey round Cheltenham but there is a small chance the horse gets on best with Patrick onboard too, particularly with his running style.

He's yet to be added inot the market but a horse I like for this early doors is Debece...

Tim Vaugheen stated at the end of last season that 3 mile chasing would be the plan so the RSA could come into play but I think he may want even more of a trip.

He is an incredibly consistent horse so far in his career, placing in every run. His 3rd at the Open meeting last year (over a 16.5F trip way too short) was more than respectable and shows he can handle the track and he was staying on well up the hill. Stepped up to 20F at Aintree in his next start he again finished 3rd. 7 of the 9 runners that day have gone onto win. He finally got his head in front when he bolted up at Newbury in March. His first go in graded company came in the Sefton Novices Hurdle at the Aintree meeting (a race which has had many pointers to the following years festival as has been said before) and again he filled 3rd place only 1/2 length behind the winner The World's End and ahead of the likes of Constantine Bay, Ballymalin and Keeper Hill.

He has shown a liking for all types of ground and being a half brother to Don Poli, he looks to have stamina in abundance and he looked a tad outpaced in most of his races last year, even over 3 miles at Aintree in April so 4 miles and over fences could be the making of him imo

Tim Vaughan on the horse:
              Is Tim Vaughan the unlucky trainer with no Cheltenham winners or am I getting him confused?

Will add to my tracker though, had slipped under the radar... you requested a price anywhere?

Comment

Is Tim Vaughan the unlucky trainer with no Cheltenham winners or am I getting him confused?

Will add to my tracker though, had slipped under the radar... you requested a price anywhere?
                Haven't requested a price yet. Oh yes - I had forgotten that was him...140 odd runners and never won at any Cheltenham meeting...

Comment

Would have to put you off wouldn't it! Maybe mention it when you request the price

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                    I backed Fagan for this race this year .but he got injured i believe, so did'nt run. will Back him again though.
                    In the Gordon Elliott stable tour he says "he could be a horse for the four-miler at Cheltenha,, as he obviously likes the place, as he made the frame in the Albert Bartlett"

25/1 available, which I think is quite a generous price. If he performs well in the 3m Novice Chase in October at Chelt he'll shorten up for this?

Comment

I have backed Fagan at 25/1 - 2 pts win for this race. I liked the comments from Elliott and I can't see any way he won't end up with a decent jockey on board if this does end up being the race for Fagan. Fingers crossed for Codd.

------

Another horse I thought about for this race that I've liked for a while who hasn't been quoted in the markets is Wotzizname for Harry Fry. Had a look at the breeding and he looks closely related to Native River so if he has the stamina too that'd be a positive.

Fry's stable tour says "He made an encouraging comeback run at Exeter recently and he just needed the run quite badly but jumped well. It won’t be long before he is winning over fences and the further the better really. "
                      Now he isn't quoted yet, Fry doesn't target Cheltenham in the same way others do but he is one I am interested in keeping an eye on!

Comment

I have backed Fagan at 25/1 - 2 pts win for this race. I liked the comments from Elliott and I can't see any way he won't end up with a decent jockey on board if this does end up being the race for Fagan. Fingers crossed for Codd.

------

Another horse I thought about for this race that I've liked for a while who hasn't been quoted in the markets is Wotzizname for Harry Fry. Had a look at the breeding and he looks closely related to Native River so if he has the stamina too that'd be a positive.

Fry's stable tour says "He made an encouraging comeback run at Exeter recently and he just needed the run quite badly but jumped well. It won’t be long before he is winning over fences and the further the better really. "
                        Now he isn't quoted yet, Fry doesn't target Cheltenham in the same way others do but he is one I am interested in keeping an eye on!
                        He was targeting the Pertemps with this horse last year but he injured himself in the trial at Musselburgh. Fry likes to target Punchestown with horses owned by Masterson Holding so you should be ok with Wotzizname

Comment

Hopefully.... for anyone with a bit more of a doubt about Fagan turning up here at 25/1 ... WH have him 20/1 any race, which is a much better bet

Comment

Hopefully.... for anyone with a bit more of a doubt about Fagan turning up here at 25/1 ... WH have him 20/1 any race, which is a much better bet
                            Thanks for the heads up Kev, I have had a small nibble on Fagan, but 20/1 any race is probably the better value bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                              Thanks for the heads up Kev, I have had a small nibble on Fagan, but 20/1 any race is probably the better value bet.
                              I'm fully expecting Fagan to win tomorrow. I'm temoted to add 1 at 20s any race but feel he'd need to wallop these to be a RSA contender and think 2 pts 4miler is enough.

Anthing But a win (today) is going to be bad news for me

Comment

Working...
                              X