Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Topham Trophy 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicky Henderson the first port of call in this race. If Janika/Beware The Bear/Valtor runs there will be plenty out of the weights, so i suspect one of them will.This would help Gold Present and O O Seven to run off nice weights too. This would be bad news for Touch Kick and Theatre Territory, two i like down the bottom of the weights.

Current short(ish)list.
    Gold Present
    O O Seven
    Warriors Tale
    Mercian Prince
    Ultragold(Favourite if it runs but guessing at moment)
    Romain De Senam
    Indian Temple

Most of these prefer better ground so softer ground would be a worry.

Comment

I'd be delighted if one of Nicky's top weights is declared.

Comment

Barry G booked to ride Peregrine Run at Thurles. No McManus runner in entries. He has a very good record in this race.

20/1 ew added.

Fahey said: "Peregrine Run is in good form. He will have a run over hurdles at Thurles this weekend and that will hopefully leave him spot on for Aintree.

"We had a good time of it with him in the earlier in the season. We wanted to give him a winter break, but with the way things worked out with the ground over here, we probably ended up giving him a break at the wrong time.

"The last time he ran in handicap, I thought he was very impressive at Killarney. I am looking forward to getting him back in a handicap - he is a quick, accurate jumper and I think the Topham will suit provided the ground is in his favour."

There has been no Irish-trained winner of the Topham since Cregg House in 2005, but that could be remedied this year, with an 11-strong team from Ireland.

Comment

I’ll be backing Flying Angel if he runs, he has very Form at Aintree and ran well in the Ultima, 5-6 lengths off the winner and closing in. He’s currently 25’s Antepost so waiting for the race to be NRNB

Comment

Henderson conceding title as saying v unlikely to have runner in National. I read that as Valtor likely to run here as top weight(Wouldn't have entered here if horse was injured so assuming this is now the plan over the National?). Janika is favourite but must be a doubt to run as Jacob said he is too high to run in handicaps any more, while moaning about his treatment by the handicapper.

That would make 134 Bottom weight with 10st. Worth bearing in mind if you like(as i do) Touch Kick or Theatre Territory. Also big negative for Shanahans Turns who wont be able to take advantage of a plummeting mark.

Of course i could be wrong...

Comment

Now thinking as Bristol is out of National that Munir will still want to have a runner in national. That would rule out Valtor from this. More likely now that Janika runs as topweight i'd have thought.Cadmium on 152, Peregrine 151, Woods Well 142 of the fancied Irish runners. All are interesting but none missed in the market imo.

Comment

PFN tweeted a video of Adrien Du Pont schooling over some national fences the other day, seemed to jump them very very well.......

Comment

....unless i’m reading it wrong, seems like a number of fancied runners, including Theatre Territory will need lots to come out to get a run.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                    ....unless i’m reading it wrong, seems like a number of fancied runners, including Theatre Territory will need lots to come out to get a run.
                    A rating of 126 got a run in this last season so TT should be ok, although it might be tight.

Comment

There's a confirmation of entry stage at noon on Saturday.

Comment

45 left in:

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                          ....a few fancied have gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                            ....a few fancied have gone.
                            Flying Angel, Activial, Ultragold, Warriors Tale and Sub Lieutenant make up my shortlist.

Gold Present a NR so done my money on him (again).

Comment

Theatre Territory one I will keep an eye on.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                                Theatre Territory one I will keep an eye on.
                                .....must be a big doubt needing 6 to come out.

Comment

Working...
                                X