Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Daily movers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    5:40 Ayr. Gometra Ginty has more than halved in price. 12/1 > 5/1
    Unraced horse someone somewhere must fancy this, you any info on the horse?

Comment

• Burgler Bob has attracted money in the 2.50 at Ponty, unraced but from a yard in flying form. Still an ew price around 6/1 but in from 14's earlier, Jason Hart on board too and he's at the top of his game.

Comment

• Yarmouth tomorrow, 2.20, Barys for Archie Watson/Edward Greatrex, already in from 11's to 5's.

Comment

• So hit the bar twice, both horses in the last 2 days placed at 7/1 so a small profit to be had with both, todays was 3rd, but lost by less than half a length.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
            So hit the bar twice, both horses in the last 2 days placed at 7/1 so a small profit to be had with both, todays was 3rd, but lost by less than half a length.
            Unfortunately for me I went on the nose with hem all keep them coming though

Comment

• Originally posted by Woody View Post
              Unfortunately for me I went on the nose with hem all keep them coming though
              Shame that woody, probably just my style that I tend to look ew at anything 5's and over, 4's with less than 8 runners, served me well over the years.

Comment

Shame that woody, probably just my style that I tend to look ew at anything 5's and over, 4's with less than 8 runners, served me well over the years.
                Always a gamble playing each way in bad weather but none of us can predict ground, non runners can hurt you.
                Bad enough when 8 become 7 but when 5/6 become 4 you end up with a bet you wish you'd never had...

Comment

Maybe need to change my tactic then and stop going for the nose so often. Just assume the returns are heading my way. Makes sense what your saying though, if it places 5 and over your looking at money back if it wins then boom!!

Having only been following this thread for a week I seem to notice the movers with form are mostly winning and the unraced movers placing. Sure it won’t pan out like that all the time but just something I’ve noted.

Spotted any for tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                    Always a gamble playing each way in bad weather but none of us can predict ground, non runners can hurt you.
                    Bad enough when 8 become 7 but when 5/6 become 4 you end up with a bet you wish you'd never had...
                    True isty, I don't play ew all the time, I do use the option fairly regularly when something appeals as a decent shout against what I consider a weak favourite. I also play the extra places quite often in big fields, but there are plenty of times when I just back to win. With this thread though a lot of the movers start out at pretty high prices so I tend to assume that the early money is going for an ew steal, so if I can catch them at a decent price I suggest they are still an ew shout.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woody View Post
                      Maybe need to change my tactic then and stop going for the nose so often. Just assume the returns are heading my way. Makes sense what your saying though, if it places 5 and over your looking at money back if it wins then boom!!

Having only been following this thread for a week I seem to notice the movers with form are mostly winning and the unraced movers placing. Sure it won’t pan out like that all the time but just something I’ve noted.

Spotted any for tomorrow?
                      Nothing really woody, think I'll keep the powder dry for Saturday now, fancy one in the dash, just watching the market to see if it attracts any support.

Comment

True isty, I don't play ew all the time, I do use the option fairly regularly when something appeals as a decent shout against what I consider a weak favourite. I also play the extra places quite often in big fields, but there are plenty of times when I just back to win. With this thread though a lot of the movers start out at pretty high prices so I tend to assume that the early money is going for an ew steal, so if I can catch them at a decent price I suggest they are still an ew shout.
                        Worth playing ew on the fair Mr M as they apply a R4 but do not reduce the number of places, obviously liquidity is always an issue....

Comment

• Arabian King is an interesting newcomer for David Elsworth, with SDS jocked up in the 6.35 at Newmarket tonight. Has been backed from 16's into 9's and is the 4th foal from the same pairing, the other 3 have all won for connections, looks worth a small ew interest to me, so have done that.

Comment

• Damn that was bad, wasn't going to bother today and got sucked in.

Comment

• Not much of a price but Zaaki for Michael Stoute looks solid today in the Haydock 3.05. Been backed in from 11/4 last night, beaten by Communique last time out but 12lbs better off with that one now, the Burrows horse.looks like the danger but interesting to see the drift for it as Zaaki has been supported into 15/8.

Comment

Not much of a price but Zaaki for Michael Stoute looks solid today in the Haydock 3.05. Been backed in from 11/4 last night, beaten by Communique last time out but 12lbs better off with that one now, the Burrows horse.looks like the danger but interesting to see the drift for it as Zaaki has been supported into 15/8.
                                I did fancy the Owen Burrows horse today, and the move on Zaaki has made me wary of him so I'll probably leave the race now.

Comment

Working...
                                X