Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2016 Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There was plenty of love for Morning assembly and Goonyella on the final furlong pod

Comment

• Hope it buckets it down at Liverpool tonight.

Comment

• Pricewise picks Gilgamboa and Gallant Oscar

Comment

• I've got a battalion running for me tomorrow. In order of preference, they are:

Gallant Oscar
          Goonyella
          Onenightinvienna

Traded the following for free bets:
          Triolo Dalene
          On His Own
          Buywise
          Ucello Conti
          Vieux Lion Rouge

I haven't had the national winner since Silver Birch so I'm not holding out much hope.

Comment

• Gallant Oscar added.

Also backed Venetia's rags and Rocky Creek for small stakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
              Gallant Oscar added.

Also backed Venetia's rags and Rocky Creek for small stakes.
              Added Onenightinvienna last night at 50/1.

Comment

• Bad mistake Vics Canvas which may have cost him the race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grade1 View Post
                  one of mine too Istabraq.

Fahy was delighted with the weight after it was announced and Russell seemed happy to committ early rather than wait to see which Cooper picked too.

Rule the World is also on my radar. 2nd in an Irish and 3rd in a Kerry National in the last year and may improve for the longer trip.
                  Well done g1 - I knew someone put him up

Comment

• Unlucky LR

Comment

• Rule The World never came near my radar I have to say.
                      Davy had Morning Assembly clear of trouble out wide and travelling as well as any horse I've seen over staying trips then he suddenly emptied at the second last.
                      Yet another head scratching National for me....

Comment

• Isty, do you not think he took him too wide? There's staying out of trouble but he had him running the other side of Liverpool.
                        He must have covered a load more ground.

Considering how well he run I wonder if DR could run the race again whether he do it differently?
                        Morning Assembly is one to consider if he lines up again next year.

Comment

• What I love about 365 is that they let me cash out my anti-post nrnb on Vics Canvas at 66/1(just 10% loss) because he went out to 80/1 the day before the race, which then allowed me to re stake at 80/1 with BOG at 100/1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brital View Post
                            Isty, do you not think he took him too wide? There's staying out of trouble but he had him running the other side of Liverpool.
                            He must have covered a load more ground.

Considering how well he run I wonder if DR could run the race again whether he do it differently?
                            Morning Assembly is one to consider if he lines up again next year.
                            Yep possibly Brital but he stopped somewhere on the run to 2 out which is about 5f from home, he certainly ran further than anything else but I don't think it was enough to impact the result.
                            It could be he was searching better ground too....

Comment

• Just seen this quote from Davy Russell

Davy Russell (Morning Assembly, eighth)

"I got a great ride. He jumped so well, he got me in a false position after the third last. I was trying to fill him up but it just wasn't to be. He didn't really see out the trip but it was the best spin I got over the fences. I moved him out to get a clear view. He wasn't jumping as well behind horses and when I moved him out he pricked his ears and was winging fences."

Comment

• Since fences changed weight is the top trend again.

Gilgamboa the only one in first 10 this year carrying more than 11 st.

2of the first 10 carried more than 11st in 2015 includng the winner

1/10 in 2014

1/10 in 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X