Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup - 2019.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by archie View Post
    Yesterday's race was run in a marginally slower time and on quicker ground than the 'slow' Savills with both the principals having a hard race. I wouldn't really fancy either for the big one now.
    Archie have you sectionals to go with that? Just intrigued as a 4 runner race would tend to be slowly run throughout as well.

Comment

• Can’t see either horse in winners enclosure personally, ew claims

Comment

• Originally posted by Humble Pie View Post
        Can’t see either horse in winners enclosure personally, ew claims
        Who are ahead of them in your view?

Comment

Yesterday's race was run in a marginally slower time and on quicker ground than the 'slow' Savills with both the principals having a hard race. I wouldn't really fancy either for the big one now.
          Boom.
          Mic dropped....

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
            Archie have you sectionals to go with that? Just intrigued as a 4 runner race would tend to be slowly run throughout as well.
            Of course, times are notoriously unreliable on different days especially in Ireland where the race distance is given as the same but hasn't been measured to the yard. Just measuring from the replays very roughly the Savills time was 6m 6.5s and the final circuit took 3m 34s. The IGC time was 6m 6.7s and the final circuit took 3m 36s. Make of that what you will.

Maybe a better measure is The Storyteller. If you have him running the same in both races you can say that Bellshill and Road To Respect have come on 4 or 5 lengths. That would probably be accounted for by extra fitness for Bellshill and RTR avoiding the slips from the Savills.

Either way, even if he hasn't come on from the Savills, and he is in fine shape at the moment, Kemboy still holds yesterday's duo on the bare form. Cheltenham will be a proper test of jumping and a race to savour even before the Red Mills which should be even more informative than yesterday.

Comment

• Your lad ticks a lot of boxes Archie.

Decent race on Saturday

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                Who are ahead of them in your view?
                Presenting Percy for me
                Impressive in RSA
                Saver ABP

Comment

• Kev loves a stat () so here's one specially for him.

None of the last 12 winners of the Gold Cup had run within 33 days of the big day. The Red Mills Chase is 27 days before the Gold Cup.

Comment

Kev loves a stat () so here's one specially for him.

None of the last 12 winners of the Gold Cup had run within 33 days of the big day. The Red Mills Chase is 27 days before the Gold Cup.
                    The impact them 6 days have can not be overstated enough

Comment

Kev loves a stat () so here's one specially for him.

4 weeks to 5 weeks? I can see SOME logic in a Gold Cup (but I'd want to know who tried and over what trips etc)....

I have another stat though.

Presenting Certainty has a 100% record at Cheltenham from a 24/25 day prep

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        4 weeks to 5 weeks? I can see SOME logic in a Gold Cup (but I'd want to know who tried and over what trips etc)....

Drops the mic and just walks off like a boss

Comment

• A stellar cast of winners:

Comment

Boom! That will do it for me. I was already really keen on PP but that stat confirms my selection!

Comment

Comment

• You won't know but that gif is hilariously funny/ironic... (going to after time real life here)...

You may (probably didn't) notice I wasn't on the forum on Saturday, as I had a works conference then award ceremony....

I was up for an award on Saturday (won it), and have won a trip to Marrakech in the process .... All great?

Just like the chappie above, bow tie on, the full works, looking pretty cool even if I say so myself...

As I went up to get the award, I went to 'pop' the fence/stage, but wrapped the top bar!!!! and went flat on my face!

I then rolled around on the floor, got up and bowed and tried to style it out.... thought I had done, but my cummerbund had riden up and was wrapped around my stomach/chest area!!

Legendary status is cemented, for all the wrong reasons

Comment

Working...
                                X