Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Out of the Festival - Please read post #1 before posting

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of the Festival - Please read post #1 before posting

Rules for this thread

Please post the name of the horse injured/missing the festival (as a matter of what is presented as fact)

2. Post the source (ideally with a link) to where this information is from

3. Do not comment about how it affects you directly in this thread, please go to the relevant ante-post thread.

The reason for this, is that we want a noticable, timely and accurate thread with facts so that we can react quickly to potential news.

Thanks for your co-operation

Kevloaf

Can't recall if we did this before but with so many of us taking advantage of the Bet365 cash out offer, is it worth having an 'Out of the Festival' sticky(?) thread at the top where people can post as soon as they hear something like Archie did about Draconian the other day? Doesn't sound like 365 are particularly quick to react at present but would be good to have one place where we can check in quickly on a regular basis. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 20 November 2019, 09:27 PM. Reason: Thread rules added

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
    Can't recall if we did this before but with so many of us taking advantage of the Bet365 cash out offer, is it worth having an 'Out of the Festival' sticky(?) thread at the top where people can post as soon as they hear something like Archie did about Draconian the other day? Doesn't sound like 365 are particularly quick to react at present but would be good to have one place where we can check in quickly on a regular basis. Thoughts?
    Good idea, im unsure where to post when I found out one is injured.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Out of the festival

Made. Good idea.

Comment

Would be good to keep thoughts / talk of any update etc to a bare minimum in here too. Means it's easy to quickly see rather than potentially having to go back through a few pages if you haven't checked for a while

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
          Would be good to keep thoughts / talk of any update etc to a bare minimum in here too. Means it's easy to quickly see rather than potentially having to go back through a few pages if you haven't checked for a while
          Or any unnecessary comments, like this and jono's

Comment

Sadly it’s been quite a frustrating week or so for Mike Grech and Stuart Parkin who own Claimantakingforgan and I’m afraid he will have to take a sabbatical after suffering a leg problem at Cheltenham last time so is out for the rest season. It is terribly frustrating as we had extremely high hopes for him but he’ll have a long rest to give the injury time to recover and hopefully he’ll be back in time for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Innoko View Post
              Sadly it’s been quite a frustrating week or so for Mike Grech and Stuart Parkin who own Claimantakingforgan and I’m afraid he will have to take a sabbatical after suffering a leg problem at Cheltenham last time so is out for the rest season. It is terribly frustrating as we had extremely high hopes for him but he’ll have a long rest to give the injury time to recover and hopefully he’ll be back in time for next season.
              Gutted one of my bigger bets. And cash out gone Plenty more to come.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Gutter mate Fingers crossed not too many more big hits from now until the festival.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                  They were quick off the ball with that weren't they!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    They were quick off the ball with that weren't they!
                    I think that is the difference between having a little write up in the RP (Draconien) & an owner being so open on social media though.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                      I think that is the difference between having a little write up in the RP (Draconien) & an owner being so open on social media though.
                      Very much highlights the danger I was talking about a well or so ago though. Unfortunately.

Shame for this horse, I saw he was 16s about 3 hours ago and only noticed because the cashout was higher than the stake (not that I'd have taken it)

Comment

Anyone have a chance with cash out? 365 on the ball this time.

Apparently it was first announced on Henderson's bookie blog. Bookies one step ahead this time.
                        Last edited by boopa; 30 November 2018, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Has anyone heard rumours that Malone Road is out? My mate has had a text to say he is out but I have not seen anything confirmed anywhere. Be such a shame if he is out. I am hovering over the cashout button but want to see confirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                            Has anyone heard rumours that Malone Road is out? My mate has had a text to say he is out but I have not seen anything confirmed anywhere. Be such a shame if he is out. I am hovering over the cashout button but want to see confirmation.
                            Nothing happening on exchange, I'd imagine they'd know.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                              Nothing happening on exchange, I'd imagine they'd know.
                              That is good news then, managed to find one other rumour on twitter saying its doing the rounds at Newmarket then one fella said hes heard something in Ireland as well. But like all these things its the same rumour growing arms and legs. I will keep my beedy eyes posted and report if I hear anything back.

Comment

Working...
                              X