Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delta Work will go NH Chase I think. Stamina looks his thing.

Can’t see Samcro in the Arkle at all. In fact I’d say there are three races more likely he’d be in (Champions hurdle, JLT and RSA). The

Comment

Beware that French horses are developed much earlier than British/Irish NH breds, jumping brush hurdles at 2 and fences at 3 their primes years are 5/6 and often regress soon after.
      If he does stay over timber he could be a serious challenger, but I suspect he won't improve on what we've seen so far...

Comment

I would have the Arkle firmly down the list of Samcros likely targets

Comment

Did anyone pick up on what Penhill's "flat target" will be?

I am still hopeful it doesn't happen.

Agree 9/1 is a decent poke on him still as jono says. I invested at 8/1 and since then he's had the defeat to Faugheen and gone out a point... I'm not rushing to take 9/1 however it is one I'll have some more on before the end of the summer I'd imagine

Comment

Wasn’t it supposed to be the Ascott Gold Cup last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
              Wasn’t it supposed to be the Ascott Gold Cup last year?
              Can't find anything to back that up, would make sense though... unless they're thinking Melbourne Cup?!

Comment

I remember the Ascot gold cup being mentioned last year for Penhill , but i thought he got an injury and was then even doubtful
                for the festival.

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                  I remember the Ascot gold cup being mentioned last year for Penhill , but i thought he got an injury and was then even doubtful
                  for the festival.

It isn't ideal - however running in an Ascot Gold Cup I won't see as a negative... I always used to wonder how Big Bucks would get on in it... probably get beaten by "the flat spot".

Comment

Does'nt have an entry in the Gold cup though , ??.

Comment

While Mullins may have ticked a lot of boxes off on his glittering CV, there are still several he would like to achieve across both codes of the sport.

He said: "I would like to win the Cheltenham Gold Cup, while I would also like to win an Ascot Gold Cup and a Melbourne Cup.

"They are all races I'd like to think we have a chance of winning, as we have got the horses to do it.

"They are reasonable targets that we might hopefully get to achieve."
                      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                        While Mullins may have ticked a lot of boxes off on his glittering CV, there are still several he would like to achieve across both codes of the sport.

He said: "I would like to win the Cheltenham Gold Cup, while I would also like to win an Ascot Gold Cup and a Melbourne Cup.

"They are all races I'd like to think we have a chance of winning, as we have got the horses to do it.

"They are reasonable targets that we might hopefully get to achieve."
                        When was that from?

I'd prefer he didn't have a flat campaign with Penhill HOWEVER, of all the code switching that is possible, a stayer on the flat and the weakest of any division in terms of overall quality (staying hurdlers) is something that wouldn't stop me fancying Penhill

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          When was that from?

I'd prefer he didn't have a flat campaign with Penhill HOWEVER, of all the code switching that is possible, a stayer on the flat and the weakest of any division in terms of overall quality (staying hurdlers) is something that wouldn't stop me fancying Penhill
                          Was an article about mullins 3000th winner and what his ambitions were next. On Irish racing site
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                            Was an article about mullins 3000th winner and what his ambitions were next. On Irish racing site
                            Cheers I'll have a look.

I see Bloom/Mullins have the fav now for the staying race at Royal Ascot tomorrow.... I can't ever remember seeing him run. I must have done, but surprising favourite!

Comment

Going to give a little shout for Sam Spinner here, I know he was a little disappointing at Cheltenham and then Aintree when being a beaten favourite, but the Cheltenham festival has been the only time he’s finished not placed. He’s only 6 so I can see him improving and Jedd O K confirmed he would be staying over hurdles for as long as possible. With a firm target and consistent record I think the 33/1 with William Hill then boosted to 36-37/1 is a great EW price. A good opening race next season and I can see that price tumbling down.

I feel last years stayers hurdle favourite is being underestimated at that price! and must have a least a chance at a place !

Think I’ve talked myself into covering

Comment

I don’t disagree Will Dunn but I just can’t have the trainer.
                                Under 20 Chelt runners in 18 or so years of training suggests his operation isn’t geared towards the big one and that he possibly doesn’t have what’s needed to train a festival winner.
                                That may sound harsh and I’m happy be proved wrong because I like the horse, but he looks better suited to a Donny/Aintree coup than a champs race at Chelt for me

Comment

Working...
                                X