Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Highlight of the week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlight of the week

It was no winning ride. It was how the Jockey pulled Edwulf up and the staff how they managed to keep him alive. Any news on him yet guys?

Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
    It was no winning ride. It was how the Jockey pulled Edwulf up and the staff how they managed to keep him alive. Any news on him yet guys?
    He is OK Liam.

Comment

Cheers Mayo being trying see news about him all week after that. Could not find any anywhere.

Comment

Obvious one just Mullins and Walsh turning it round the 2nd day head to head with GE.

Comment

Good shout that Liam.

Two for me, Defi fulfilling the promise I always thought he had, and Might Bite.
          I stood down by the final fence and could see the horse losing concentration between the final two fences, Nico asked for a big leap but the horse was watching the flags fluttering in the Guinness stand, he just focused as he reached the last, put down on Nico and literally clambered over the fence and immediately turned right, heart in mouth 30 secs for all MB fans and being so close gives such a great insight into the minds of (some) horses....

Comment

From a betting perspective 2 for me: Tiger Roll winning the 4 miler to finish off an Elliot Yankee on Day One which included Labaik at 50's
            Also Penhill in the Albert Bartlett (my biggest bet of the week at some nice AP prices)

From a racing perspective: NDB getting Might Bite straightened up to win the RSA, never seen anything like it at Cheltenham! Horse has some talent!

Comment

Few highlights for me:

Betting - winning the National Hunt Chase with Tiger Roll at 25's and then following that up with Tully East at 20's in the Novice chase to finish day 1. Tiger Roll in truth was all luck - placed only when the rumours Codd would be onboard a few weeks before I had no real confidence in the horse on the day and was very much behind Edwulf and COI. Then having seen my strong fancy Potters Legend not declared in the last race, my second fancy Tully East wins under a cool ride by Denis O'Regan. A lovely 40 minutes or so of 2 big price antepost winners from the extreme of a lucky punt to a well reasoned choice

Racing - Might Bite (and THAT finish) and Un de Sceaux striding on and bowling again up front were the most thrilling watches of the week but it has to be those 4 rides by Ruby on the Thursday. Even the best jockey would have been feeling the pressure that morning and he produced a set of 4 rides that I don't think i'll ever see that level of varied riding on one race day ever again by one jockey. Each brought about different challenges and Ruby brought his absolute A game on a day where he was very much up against it. Cometh the hour...
              It's also worth noting just how much of a buzz on the course Thursday had after those rides came in, even with the big fav (UNWIMH) on the day failing to win. Cheltenham was electric once UDS had come in and that carried through throughout the day.

I'd also echo Liam on seeing the time and effort by all the staff involved on Edwulf alongside the tribute to JT just before the race.

Comment

Found this guys all good http://www.skysports.com/racing/news...-full-recovery

Comment

Thanks Liam. I'd be surprised if he ran again but just good to see him back safe and sound

Comment

Highlight of the week was Yorkhill winning the JLT. That horse is SO good for the sport. I've shown that race to a few 'non-racing' fans and I love how a little bit of back story can really set the scene and it is like watching a miniture film! Twists, turns, panic, thrills, spills and a happy ending.

Comment

Working...
                    X