Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

JLT Novices 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Can't see him going RSA now.

As I am typing Gordon is saying he thinks JLT is the trip although now saying they might skip Cheltenham
    Gordon Said jlt a while back. But in my head he could still go either. Along time and a race before the festival.
    His race Could even come down to the weather.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Gordon Said jlt a while back. But in my head he could still go either. Along time and a race before the festival.
      His race Could even come down to the weather.
      HE's said enough times now he got the trip wrong last year in thinknig he wants 3m. His record over 2m4f is now impressive and he ruled out the Arkle.

I'd backed RSA originally but have pretty much written it off when I re-adjusted for the JLT.

Comment

HE's said enough times now he got the trip wrong last year in thinknig he wants 3m. His record over 2m4f is now impressive and he ruled out the Arkle.

I'd backed RSA originally but have pretty much written it off when I re-adjusted for the JLT.
        I did the same previously and went in for jlt 20/1 after backing rsa 20/1 . But I still won't rule it out. More likely jlt yes. But im sure theyll have a look nearer the time.

Comment

• Death Duty looked every bit an RSA runner today for me. He looks a stayer and will get massively outpaced against the likes of Finian's Oscar & Co, the race will be over as he's getting going IMO. He stayed every yard of that trip today and outstayed/outpaced a potention 4m horse in Rathvinden in the process.

They rated Death Duty massively last season, but always maintained he'd be a better chaser. He definitely got outpaced over hurdles at the top level, that doesn't happen over fences for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
            Death Duty looked every bit an RSA runner today for me. He looks a stayer and will get massively outpaced against the likes of Finian's Oscar & Co, the race will be over as he's getting going IMO. He stayed every yard of that trip today and outstayed/outpaced a potention 4m horse in Rathvinden in the process.

They rated Death Duty massively last season, but always maintained he'd be a better chaser. He definitely got outpaced over hurdles at the top level, that doesn't happen over fences for him.
            Well that is interesting! I think he's proven he has the pace for 2m4f .... Elliott ruled out the Arkle BUT was quite clear in saying this was a good trip and that 3m was too far last season. Davy Russell also said straight after the horse was quick.

Last season he beat Monalee IMO because he was a quicker horse... over 3m I'd now take Monalee and I feel like DD would have Monalee held over fences even at 2m4f.

As stated previously, I already had him in my book for RSA so if I am wrong it actually wouldn't matter but I wouldn't consider him for the RSA until I saw him WIN at 3m..... I might go back and watch the race again actually. Hold that thought

Comment

Well that is interesting! I think he's proven he has the pace for 2m4f .... Elliott ruled out the Arkle BUT was quite clear in saying this was a good trip and that 3m was too far last season. Davy Russell also said straight after the horse was quick.

Last season he beat Monalee IMO because he was a quicker horse... over 3m I'd now take Monalee and I feel like DD would have Monalee held over fences even at 2m4f.

As stated previously, I already had him in my book for RSA so if I am wrong it actually wouldn't matter but I wouldn't consider him for the RSA until I saw him WIN at 3m..... I might go back and watch the race again actually. Hold that thought
              He has pace, no doubt about it, just not the Finian's Oscar pace or turn of foot, obviously this is assuming FO turns up here, I know you are of the opinion he goes down the Arkle route which he may do, in which case maybe DD has a chance in this race, but from a win perspective to go along with my opinion that FO goes for this I'd be avoiding this race for DD. At least he has known form with Monalee and fences was supposedly going to be the making of him, 3m doesn't seem such an impossibility.

Comment

• Death Duty ,Finians Oscar and Willoughby Court what a race in prospect , feel fractions may be in it at line. For me Finians the best horse out the three long term , however the other two jump better. FO may improve in that department before march ,he will need to.

I like WC on what ive seen so far , he just battles so well (sure we all remember Neon Wolf) ,though ive ante post bet on FO , think i may wait till day of race now as value all but gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                  He has pace, no doubt about it, just not the Finian's Oscar pace or turn of foot, obviously this is assuming FO turns up here, I know you are of the opinion he goes down the Arkle route which he may do, in which case maybe DD has a chance in this race, but from a win perspective to go along with my opinion that FO goes for this I'd be avoiding this race for DD. At least he has known form with Monalee and fences was supposedly going to be the making of him, 3m doesn't seem such an impossibility.
                  If there weren't prices involved, and it was just my opinion and I kn ew Finian's Oscar was running, I'd pick Finian's Oscar to win this race.
                  I like Death Duty and Willougby Court quite a lot though and I keep flip-flopping between thinking FO is just going to win wherever he goes to thinking he might get caught out and still go on to be the best of them!

Of the 3 now at the prices, I'd say FO is least likely to turn up here.... so wouldn't back him at 6/1 ... but equally, if people are confident he does then 6/1 is a nice price when his two main market rivals are the same price.

Its an intersting race at this stage for sure. Definitely don't think its impossible DD steps up to 3m, but I think he will be in this race! However, if he DOES win over 3m next time out that'll change my opinion again

Comment

• I've backed Willoughby Court quite heavily at 12/1 and 8/1. As much as I love Finians, I think he's a risky proposition as I don't feel overly sure which race they will choose, even though this would be my pick. Once they've confirmed his target, I'm sure I will have a cover bet on him.

I feel like WC has very few chinks. Festival winning form, unbeaten over fences, and this looks far and away the most likely race for him. I think he's one of those horses that isn't particularly flashy, but it's hard to know just how good he is because he just keeps finding and finding. Quite a big fan of Adrien du Pont as a prospect and think that Newbury form will prove to be top class.

Comment

• Easy pickings for modus tomorrow. Should power away after the last and shorten up for this race.
                      I like the way they've campaigned him so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                        Easy pickings for modus tomorrow. Should power away after the last and shorten up for this race.
                        I like the way they've campaigned him so far.
                        Very easy tomorrow. West Approach not a bad animal but obviously wants further on all known form! What prices do you have scoob? Potentially going to come out from "under the radar" after him/Yanworths next run as the main JP contender in this race you think? 20/1 still available I might just take that before he wins tomorrow

Comment

Very easy tomorrow. West Approach not a bad animal but obviously wants further on all known form! What prices do you have scoob? Potentially going to come out from "under the radar" after him/Yanworths next run as the main JP contender in this race you think? 20/1 still available I might just take that before he wins tomorrow
                          Nothing special. Kev just the standard 20/1 . He's going right under radar because he was handicap hurdler and a highly rated one at that. Beat nothing of note so far but hes done it in style. He's got a change of gear from the last. Jumps a bit novicy but theyre getting the right experience into him.
                          He wont be 20s on the day that's for sure.
                          Modus has 1 target in this race id be sure. No idea if / when Sutton place will be back out. but by that time modus would have cemented his place towards the front of the market.
                          Yanworth I wouldn't like to guess where he goes.

Comment

• Won't be coming out from under the radar yet

Surprised to see West Approach get him off the bridle.... didn't seem quite right today

Comment

• I put Benatar about 7 lengths better than West Approach over 2m 4 on collateral form. And that's without factoring in the improvement that will come as he keeps stretching out a little in distance and gets more experience. He's a dark horse for this race i'm sure (a real idler in front as well much like last years winner), 25s with Hills

Comment

• A rematch of Willoughby court v yanworth set for the dipper novices chase at Cheltenham, a clear round and I could see the tables turned personally. But a clear round not a certainty.

Comment

Working...
                                X