Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Fox Hunters Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsure if this has already been posted, but to take the guessing out of which Nicholls horses turn up you can have him to win this race @ 3/1 with Skybet. Could potentially end up with 3 or 4 horses, including a potential favourite or 2nd and 3rd favourite plus others against the field.

As the betting currently stands you would have the joint favourite (depending on which bookmaker you look at, but worst case 2nd favourite) in Wonderful Charm, joint 4th & 5th favourites in Pacha Du Polder & Caid Du Berlais, plus Virak, Unioniste & I'd imagine if Lac Fontana runs he'll be registered under Nicholls name as well. That is 6 potential runners, albeit I'd imagine he'll only have the 3 or 4 go, but the 3 at the head of the betting alone would be almost 99% running for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
      Unsure if this has already been posted, but to take the guessing out of which Nicholls horses turn up you can have him to win this race @ 3/1 with Skybet. Could potentially end up with 3 or 4 horses, including a potential favourite or 2nd and 3rd favourite plus others against the field.

As the betting currently stands you would have the joint favourite (depending on which bookmaker you look at, but worst case 2nd favourite) in Wonderful Charm, joint 4th & 5th favourites in Pacha Du Polder & Caid Du Berlais, plus Virak, Unioniste & I'd imagine if Lac Fontana runs he'll be registered under Nicholls name as well. That is 6 potential runners, albeit I'd imagine he'll only have the 3 or 4 go, but the 3 at the head of the betting alone would be almost 99% running for me.
      Yeah I think 3/1 could be a very good price, even with the hot fav OTF last year they came for Wonderful Charm he got back down to 7/2, without OTF he would have went off a lot shorter, I could see them coming in again for him, so 3/1 for WC and his maybe 3 others looks ok..

Comment

• Interesting special. Would save a lot of time, however time is all I've got at the moment.

Good spot on Virak scooby. If I add a third it'd be that based on the bonus and he's been a horse I've followed more than most at that level for no real reason other than coincidence

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
          Virak caught my eye when looking at this. Anyone fancy him?
          Mentioned this fella last month. Well spotted with that Scoob

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
            Good horse but wouldn't fit the ideal profile for the winner.
            Winners usually come from the PTP/Hunter codes and are often 9yo or younger.
            A recent developing trend is for horses who were unplaced in the previous years renewal winning the following year so worth noting anything that is returning after a failed attempt last year.

Ignoring age Balnaslow could be that horse, and so could Ask the Weatherman....

Balnaslow was pulled up behind morning assembly, who won very easily. Yet he's a far shorter price. Ptp/ hunter chase form seems to massively go under radar and I'm quite liking it as an angle for the future. Theres no reaction to any wins unless theyre televised.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Sky bet have the Nicholls special now at 5/1!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Balnaslow was pulled up behind morning assembly, who won very easily. Yet he's a far shorter price. Ptp/ hunter chase form seems to massively go under radar and I'm quite liking it as an angle for the future. Theres no reaction to any wins unless theyre televised.
                Adding Balnaslow today , to my W.charm and P.du polder bets for this. 14 -1 coral.

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                  Sky bet have the Nicholls special now at 5/1!!
                  I thought 3/1 was decent. 5/1 seems an absolute rick! I aimgine Wonderful Charm will go off shorter than this on the day for a start! If only I could get a bet on with them

Comment

Thats tempted me in. Backed this.

Comment

Great spot, saves any issues, just backed this!

Comment

• What was the special? Cannot seem to find it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                          What was the special? Cannot seem to find it.
                          Under "Specials", then "2018 Cheltenham Festival RequestABets"

Comment

• Yeah took me a while to find it, and they laid me an OK amount.

Took the Top Notch special too whilst I was in there....

Comment

Thanks for that Jono.

Comment

• Anybody heard anything regards Staker Wallace in this race ?
                                Leaving it late to get qualified now
                                Could get the wildcard with all the other principles qualified
                                Would still be a leap of faith to think that a horse so inexperienced could go here without a prep run and win

Comment

Working...
                                X