Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Brown Advisory and Merriebelle Stable Plate Handicap Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackh50 View Post
    Like the look of belami des pictons off of 140 here
    You are not alone Jack, as per post two on this thread. I made a longer case last season, but had not the time this time around to do it all over again.

Venetia targets this, just got to hope he makes it and gets in. Think he'll run a blinder and backed him plenty already.

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
      Menglai Khan 152 gets him 11:6lb, could be interesting....
      That is the one that got my attention too. Placed at the last 2 festivals. 3rd behind Defi and LIT in the JLT last year isnt bad form.
      I have added him ew with PP boosted to 28/1 with the 5 places

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
        Menglai Khan 152 gets him 11:6lb, could be interesting....
        Is this the target?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bucks View Post
          Is this the target?
          He has a better hurdles mark 145 ?

Comment

20/1 TWAR solves the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Muswell View Post
              20/1 TWAR solves the problem
              It's NRNB though now.
              TWAR should be redundant unless the price is bigger than the race you fancy a horse for.

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                He has a better hurdles mark 145 ?
                Yeah that's what I thought. Just curious if iv missed GE saying a target somewhere.

Comment

When was the last time MK looked remotely good? Watch him win in March now...

Ps i know the answer but it's more the general point. Isn't he fairly GATG

Comment

Following the weights announced today there are two standouts form Ireland that I want to get onside with NRNB, in case their trainers go the routes I am thinking. One is:-

Shattered Love 16/1 NRNB Brown Advisory Plate
                    Gordon Elliott

The mare won the JLT two years ago on soft ground, by 7 lengths from Terrefort and receiving an RPR of 159 which she has never bettered.
                    She was also raised to 153 in the official handicap ratings.

Her best run in the following season was over 2M4F in the Grade 1 John Durkan when beaten 1&1/2 lengths by Min.

This season she has shown two standout bits of form, both over 2M4F.
                    * winning a Mares Listed race on soft/heavy by 34 lengths (RPR 157).
                    * second beaten 2&1/2 lengths to 164 rated Gold Cup hope Chris’s Dream in the Grade 2 Red Mills Chase on heavy ground.

There is the chance that a Shattered Love could take on Min and APT in the Ryanair, but she has ran 6 times in Grade 1’s against the boys since her JLT win with form of 252000

I think Gordon will be delighted with her 151 UK handicap rating, no change from her Irish rating, and a run on soft ground over 2M4&1/2F in a handicap he loves a crack at (The Storyteller won off 147 two years ago) could be a better option for her.

That handicap mark is only 2lb more than the novice Simply the Betts, and 4lb more than the infamous Dallas Des Pictons 147 mark.
                    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                      When was the last time MK looked remotely good? Watch him win in March now...

Ps i know the answer but it's more the general point. Isn't he fairly GATG
                      That's the question you have to ask in relation to the price.

(Wrong thread but same horse) I think MK off of 145 at 33/1 is worth a poke that he isn't gone-at-the-game.

I think I trust Gordon Elliott enough to know if he doesn't have a Graded winner in waiting he can plot them.

Watch him PU now ....

and as per SW post above, completely agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        That's the question you have to ask in relation to the price.

(Wrong thread but same horse) I think MK off of 145 at 33/1 is worth a poke that he isn't gone-at-the-game.

I think I trust Gordon Elliott enough to know if he doesn't have a Graded winner in waiting he can plot them.

Watch him PU now ....

and as per SW post above, completely agree.
                        The horse Mengli finished behind the last day looked gone at the game, and then won the boyne hurdle like a Boss.

edit - time before last

editagain - FFS - time before that.

Cracking Smart.
                        Last edited by Quevega; 26 February 2020, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Market dominated by the Irish at the moment. Won 3 of the last 4 having not won it for 34 years. Belami Des Picton @ 33/1 looks a great bet for a trainer that targets this

Comment

....generally Brelan D’as is shorter for its other options, but in his recent ‘stable tour’ Nicholls suggests he’ll be coming here. 33-1 nrnb available.

Comment

Somehow just realised this is the only race I’ve not got a bet on at the moment

Will have a look in a bit.

Comment

I just think Simply The Betts goes off fav here - about 11/2 on the day

Comment

Working...
                                X