Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Longchamp - Arc Weekend 3rd & 4th October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe people are reading into Serpentine being supplemented?

Do you supp a horse into the Arc if you feel you've got the winner?

Then again, the way I'd view that, is Serpentine winning it for them is HUGE, whereas Love is just not as commerical. They can afford it, so why not.

The drift is clearly not a positive at all, it's a negative.

What is the upside KSS? 7 points priofit now versus what?

Mine is no where near worth taking now but yours might be?

Comment

You talk sense Kev, i'm glad i posted now lol
      Love is a 30points winner, but shes also the last leg for a larger roll up on EA in the Marsh (posted in my diary).
      I've prob let the drift and chat around the potential pull get in my head. At the end of the day it was only a 2pt stake. I can take that loss easily if she is pulled and move on. But id be sick if she even lines up and i dont have a shot at the bigger returns having cashed.
      Cheers Kev.

Comment

Yeh, that's a no brainer for me. No chance I'd cash in your position boss.

I know FM has got out, respect his opinion a lot, but if she runs and loses I know he's not going to be dancing around naked like the king of the world for getting it right, it's a decision that isn't going to affect his day let alone weekend, week, month or year!

We may have some "I told you so's", but I'd rather be backing 20/1 shots that are 2/1 then drift to 6/1 than be starting from scratch.

Will take the loss on the chin, easy decision

Comment

See O Briens comments - https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/horse...-prix-22771563

Comment

Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post

I still will take the chance.

Love a value non runner anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              I know FM has got out, respect his opinion a lot, but if she runs and loses I know he's not going to be dancing around naked like the king of the world for getting it right, it's a decision that isn't going to affect his day let alone weekend, week, month or year!

If she runs, even given my doubts about the ground, I will be backing her for my original stake. Enable has to be taken on at those prices.

I'll be back on board the Love train!

Comment

Hugh Taylor confirmed Fev Rover who he owns or part owns runs in the Marcel Boussac on Sunday likely up against Pretty Gorgeous

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

I still will take the chance.

Love a value non runner anyway
                  Confirmed shes out now

Disappointing for the race to see her miss it

Comment

Yeah, disappointing and I'm quite surprised.

2.5 points in the bin, but she'd have lost anyway right

Comment

Where do they go now? Breeders cup?

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                        Where do they go now? Breeders cup?
                        Breeders cup turf I would think

Comment

https://twitter.com/racingpost/statu...544329217?s=21

Battaash doesn’t run due to the ground

Comment

Maybe my short term memory isn't that great but even before the recent scratchings the weekend looked pretty short on quality.

Only the Prix De L'Opera looks like a proper Group 1. Many of the other races look the equivalent of Group3/Listed at best. Even the Arc has a clear second favourite who has shown not much better than Group 3 form at the trip.

Is it down to Champions Day (shouldn't affect the 2yo's) or just a lack of quality amongst the french this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Salubrious Chin View Post
                              https://twitter.com/racingpost/statu...544329217?s=21

Battaash doesn’t run due to the ground
                              Always going to happen. He bloody hates Longchamp anyways.

Comment

Pressure ride for Shane Crosse on Pista tomorrow, particularly as they obviously didn't trust him in the Marcel Boussac.

I thought he was very poor on Thinking Of You in a Group 3 the other day and this looks more difficult from a wide draw.

Comment

Working...
                                X